xisto Community
chelcy

HTML Editors Your preference?

Personally, I reckon Edit Plus 2 is the best HTML editor to use... better then notepad, it's much more easier to organise on edit plus cuz the lines are numbered so if you make a mistake you'll know where to find it and also there are different colours used for different codes and words so it's easier to find when editing I would recommend it to anyone who knows their HTML and needs a good simple yet effective editing program :D

If you want to try it out you can download it here https://www.editplus.com/ it's not a big file and it doesn't take long to download :P

Macromedia Dreamweaver is the best html editor, you can download it for free at macromdia.com or suprnova.org lol. I think macromedia might start to give out non comercial version of their products soon.

I just might try that! I'm actually downloading it now.
Is this the one you're currently using? Because I want to know if the built-in FTP automatically uploads the changed/updated files. (It doesn't say in their site.) That's a pretty useful feature :P

i didn't know Firstpage had a built in Ftp client. Well I use CuteFTP Pro. It has ftp built in and html editor. I paid for the darn thing and I don't know all of its functions. I'm so retarded. I just use it to chmod and upload files. I use it to make html pages too and I use notepad sometimes.

Notepad. Always, for everything, alone.Notepad is the lord.Down with WYSIWYG.Let the true ruler be known.</fanatacism>Ahem. Yes, Notepad is what I use. It's fast and simple. I would try Dreamweaver if I got the chance, but currently other things are higher on my to-buy list. My '98 came with Frontpage, and I have opened some HTML docs in it a few times, and cannot make heads nor tales of it. Besides, I've looked at the code of pages done with Frontpage and they are bloated and overdone. I will sometime try the developer's tools that come with FireFox, but I haven't yet.

Notepad because its the only one ive got at the moment :P Im a bit rubbish at it though which is why I tend to get templates and edit them the way I like in PS...May get dreamweaver soon though but money is hard to come by nowadays :lol::D

Frontpage and Dreamweaver are good but they are not worth the space they occupy :/...for me, notepad would've been enough but it isn't good for coding php, as the spacing gets messed up, so the Visual C++ IDE is for me...I still use Frontpage and Dreamweaver sometimes...

:( I use frontpage. I've never used any of the others mentioned here. Since Frontpage is a pretty good program, I never bothered with any others. And it is easy to use!~Puppy :(

dreamweaver is fairly a good webpage maker and through it u can see the html code of the webpage u made. if you are very master the html u might use the notepad of system, :(