xisto Community
Yuripro84

Caffeine Addiction Is Caffeine Really A Drug?

I definitely go through phases of caffeine addiction. When I am smack in the middle of my university's quarter, with 2 jobs, I am the extreme caffeine fiend, but during the summer months or when I have breaks, I don't need any at all. I work as a waitress through, and often times I need that energy boost before dealing with customers and running around the restaurant. It is a little scary how dependent I begin to get as I drink more and more coffee. When I'm not in the daily coffee phase, I can manage to serve tables without any even when its a longer shift, but as my dependency increases I have to buy a red bull from the bar or I just won't make it. As I drink more coffee, I can manage to fall asleep even when I just had a ton of caffeine moments before, but when I am off it I can barely fall asleep if I have any. Btw, caffeine does have negative effects and when your body is out of whack the best cure is to stop caffeine intake. It can actually lead to psychological issues like many harder drugs so heavy coffee drinkers should consider cutting back.Although I remind myself this all the time, coffee is just too hard to say no to. :D Just a side note: A co-worker of mine got a stomach ulcer from drinking too many energy drinks, so really be careful with those. It may be a new phenomenon lately, but just remember that it is a very high dosage of caffeine, and our bodies are not built for that. ^ really sounds like I am talking about drugs :o

Well this is a really crazy topic.
Since i was little my mom spoiled me and gave me coffee at a really really early age. At first it was a weird taste and i did not really like it at all but for some reason i kept drinking it every morning. Some can say i did this because i was "addicted" but maybe i just liked the fact that i was drinking a drink i should not be drinking at all. So somehow i was a bit of a grown up. I drink soda's all the time. I went through a weird phase though when i started to drink just water but that was basically because i had no soda in reach. Now i have a new addiction which is starbucks. mmm frap anyone? i still drink soda all the time do not get me wrong i love stripes 64 oz fountain drink for 99cents i get it as often as i can in drink it in the course of a couple hours. I also notice that when i dont drink caffeine a can be really rude and i get headaches. The thing i hate most is that i snap at people i do not mean to. and then i end of feeling guilty of having someone mad at me and it makes me sad and i drink more caffeine i do not know if you can say i am addicted to it but i guess that can be a reason for my moodiness.

That's pretty bad man. I'd hate to be that dependent on caffeine. I myself drink coffee now and then. However, I try very hard to keep my doses small and far between. I do enjoy sitting down for some coffee, or chugging an energy drink with the bros, but I am happy to say I am in no way dependent.

This was not always the case, however. Formerly, I drank soda and coffee rather frequently, but this was not my routine, it was merely a lapse in my regiment. I often think, "I'll do great if I just drink some coffee", but I think back on how it alters my lifestyle and overall character, and I abstain.

Still, coffee is delicious. I do enjoy an occasional frap now and then. Well, as much as my wallet or my conscience allow.

Caffine is most definately a drug and I am chronically addicted to it. Me without coffe is NOT a pretty sight, Physically: I get hoorible migranes, dizzy & fainting spells, & nausea. Emotionally: I'm irritable moody unstable and I can't relax. It has different effects on different people, but I really NEED it- or at least I FEEL that way:)

I've switched to Decaffinated. Tastes the same, and I can drink it all day without worrying about my intake. Only thing is that it isn't always available at Cafe's and restaurants...

Yeah it's addictive, (I think nearly everyones agreed on that fact), and it is a potent drug too, (indisputible). I actually drink several (up to 10 or more), cups of instant a day, and if I don't, I get physically ill. Headaches, irritability etc. Should probably stop, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. <_<

I am a caffeine addict. I can't go more than about 4 hours without coffee before i start to get headaches and stuff. I don't usually have a very addictive personality, but caffeine has got me. I have probably been drinking coffee for about 10 years now though so it's had time to grab hold. Having said that, caffeine is a drug whether you are hooked or not. I saw a study one time of 5 spiderwebs. 1 was control and the other 4 were spiders hopped up on different drugs. I think they may have been LSD, THC, Caffeine, and i believe Mescaline. Either way, the spider web that seemed to be the least effective was actually the one where the spider was on caffeine. It was crazy!

too many things have caffeine. don't know if its really a addiction or a placebo affect/pschological. but caffeine's side effects are worrysome. don't drink caffeine products if your pregnant.

does any one know a way to try and get away from caffine, i tryed a few times to quit caffine all together and i would get migranes, dizzy & fainting spells, & nausea, on the days i did not have caffine.

I also get headaches when I haven't had a cup of tea for a while. It's gotten to the point where I have designated tea times in my daily schedule. Is this an addiction or just a pleasure? And if it is an addiction, would it be concidered a healthy addiction since tea is good for your body?

It could be a drug, but using it in excess can definitely be bad for you. I drink coffee because I love the taste, specially capuccino, and because it helps me keep myself active and awake while I am at work. I know the best solution for this would be sleep but sometimes you just cant get enough sleep to stay awake and really active at work. Thats why I think it is a drug, since sometimes you drink it for its effects and not only for its taste.

Caffeine can be addictive. Yet I dont drink coffee all that often at all, but will admit I do drink it whilst under stress for whichever reason, whether if its work or family reasons I do tend to turn to it as a last resort. But yes, it does seem bad if you do get addicted to it, eg drinking it regularly, which thankfully I dont drink coffee that often.

First off,I'd like to say that two cans of pop a day is really not enough for anyone to really consider it in the range of being addicted to it.There isn't enough caffeine in pop for it to actually get that much of a hold on you from two cans a day.I used to drink two litres of pop per day and I never really got addicted to it.I know everyone reacts different0ly to addictive substances, but I'm just saying that two cans isn't a lot when in reference to pop.Caffeine in coffee though, is a different story.I was addicted to coffee before,more than once, really.I would get really bad headaches if I didn't have coffee for more than a day or so.But I just kind of ignored it and it went away; no need to give in and drink more.But I'd just end up drinking more coffee again a few days/a week or so later after the headaches have worn themselves off and then it starts the whole process all over again.But whatever.My point is that ...Kay, I never really had a point.Just felt like sharing a story of experience.