xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dontmaimyourself

what do u look for in a host.

Bandwith, uptime, and speed, and ftp (but any good host always has ftp) I think are the most important. I usually don't have files that take up much space, so storage isn't a problem. File size restrictions are annoying, especially if you happen to have one file that's slightly over the limit >_<.

what i consider most is reliablity, speed and uptime. bandwidth, storage capacity, installed scripts, does it have ftp? (answer=true) and webmail. are also considered :P

I look for storage and bandwidthat least 5GB storage and at least 50-100GB bandwidthalso to check for downtime I always read reviews on the host.I also MUST HAVE a MySQL database because when I use a host. it's more then likely that I will be hosting some advanced content and it must support PHP.

A very good topic if I do say so :).In a host I look for cPannel, FTP, Good amount of Bandwidth, prices.These are the main things I look for. Xisto/Xisto seem to be doing all this for me at fantastic price's and services will stay with them forever :(

Haha, like you, I also go for cPanel, Diskspace and Bandwidth... and I agree with you that Xisto provides all of this for posting. However, I have found another host that gives you much more Diskspace and Bandwidth than the normal Logic Plan, which only gives 20mb where my host gives 1000mb diskspace without posting and 5000mb diskspace and 50000mb Bandwidth with 50 one liner posts per month. I am planning to upgrade soon, after I do everything. Once I use everything up, I will then proceed to move back to Xisto and choose the unlimited plan. Of course, that will take a while, seeing that I have a lot of space to use up in a long period of time.But anyway, by that time, I will probably be all advanced and pro already and know php3 and php4 and java and all that coding off by my heart already, so the changing of hosts should not be a problem then.

To be honest, Xisto - Web Hosting (T17) is my first and only host, and I love it! It has given me such a great experience of hosting that I don't know what else I could possibly need! Other hosts provide far less for greater money, and there are still the downtimes and everything to deal with - but here all that is bare minimum. So T17 rocks and is the best :)