xisto Community
googlue

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous? to the users health...

Are mobile phones dangerous?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that you are wrong as mobile phones do give out radiation and although there is only a small risk on each time you use it most people mainly teenagers use there mobiles at least 5 times a day. Think of all that radiation going through your body.-reply by Zoe

The radiation given off by a mobile phone is fairly insignificant, as you hardly recieve any radiation atall in a small space of time.Infact, your computers monitor will be giving off radiation constantly. And if you think that mobiles are bad, what happens if you need an Xray?

I dont think they are dangerous in anyway Come on so many people have been using mobile phones for so long and I havent heard of any real case of desease or cancer that has been proven it has been caused by mobile phonesIf anyone knows of any real case I would like to see!

Earache from my Sony Erricson K800i

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous?

I have been using my sony for about a year now (but have been using cell phones for 20 plus years), and I would class my self as a frequent user as I don't have a land line and can talk for England! The last 3 months I have had the feeling of slight ear infections in both ears.. Kept my ears dry blah, blah! Finally went to see the Nurse at the local Dr's so she could check them out as it has been getting more painfull overthe last several weeks... Nothing wrong with my ears at all, no swelling, no wax, nothing! All I can put it down to is my cell phone. Anybody else out there with the same probems??

John

-reply by John Hedley

John I dontt think you should blame yeh cell phone because don't yeh think if you have been using it for 20 years it would off happend to yeh before now? I don't think mobile phones are dangerous and I don't think they cause cancer people are saying that everything causes cancer now. Soon they will b saying egg and chips do lol.

these days people say everything is dangerous just to start conversations. we know things like smoking and crack are dangerous but i mean mobile phones? i've never heard anyone die from using a mobile phone. well i mean the only dangerous thing i can think of on a mobile phone is if you eat it! i don't think that would help you much i have to say. but i mean its just a mobile phone lol! :)

what happens if you talk on the phone for an hour or more in a go?

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous?

What happens if you talk on the mobile phone for an hour or more in one go? Does that do any damage? Because I feel funny on the side of my head where I held the phone for that long,my ear feels weird,I can hear but it feels kinda blocked deep inside.Pls could anyone tell me if mobiles can cause any serious damage if I used it for that long?? Help!

-reply by unknown

mobile phones; harmful or modern trend?Are Mobile Phones Dangerous?

If you asked me this question at the begging of september I would have said that mobiles are harmless but now looking at bwhat I have in scince, I think they might even be the most harmful man made invesion ever made!Look at this!:

"Mobile phones can do biological damage through heating effects. This causes: headaches, earaches, blurring of vision, short-term memory loss, numbing, tingling, and burning sensations and bad sleep."

This has totally put me off getting a new phone for christmas :|!

-reply by Jess'ca

Well researchers are arguing and on so that the mobiles are a point of discussion.Does it matter which came first 'the chicken or the egg' as long as the whole episode is providing us both chicken and egg.As long as the radiations from other sources remain high there seems very little point to discuss about the ill effects of mobile radiations. And there are no conctete reason s so far say that the radiation are cancerous for humans. Actually it is possibly not so dangerous as such but prolonged use may cause hearing difficulty or single mindedness and nausea.

Well they can be dangerous, it's more like a luck thing, my mom's cousin got burned because there was a electric storm outside and she had her cellphone on her belly, and there was lighting near by and something got wrong in the cellphone and all of her skin from her belly to her genitals got burned it was pretty bad. Also you can get burn if you talk on the phone while the battery is charging...

Only way a mobil phone is dangerous are 3 ways1 your dumb enough to be talking on it when your driving a car down the highway.2 your dumb enough to be talking on it while crossing a busy street and not looking at what your doing.3 your dumb enough to be talking on it when your skydiving and forget to pull the ripcord.in simple terms no that are not dangerous at all. fact you have a better chance of getting radiation from a microwave oven than your cell phone. Now the old bricks of the late 1970's yes. but these that are out now a days are too well shilded and out out less than 1 watt. so no they are not dangerous. That is unless your better half catches you talking to your boy or girlfriend on it. then your dead meat

What the mobile phone and computers industry doesnAre Mobile Phones Dangerous?

I think that the problem is that the industry doesn't want us to know it, and the big companies hush up any reasearch perjudicial to them. What you expected they would say? That their produce is harmful? They will never say that! The tobacco industry has been telling us for decades that smoking is not dangerous, and yet it is. I have seen my father investigating that issue for a many years, and I am absolutely convinced that there is a real danger.

Look, for instance, look that article: Temperature measuring of personal computer operator's hands with the help of infrared thermography

The use of computers (another thing that big companies don't want us to know) INCREASE the body's temperature, and it's proved that mobiles have similar effects.That other article is about mobile phones effects. For this test, the device Aurospectrophotometer 2100(USA) was used. That device was developed for objective estimation of physiological and psychological state of human organism through high-frequency glow color gamma fixation. And you can see through the images that that state changes when we use a mobile phone.  Once and for all, please...Open your eyes and your mind.

PS: I'm not telling that using a mobile phone will kill you  immediately. I'm not a paranoic. I know that there are LOTS of more dangerous things. But is a fact that that mobiles are not absolutely innocuous.

-reply by Ksenia Klykova