xisto Community
googlue

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous? to the users health...

Are mobile phones dangerous?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think mobile phones affect different people in different ways. There are people I know who have had mobile phones since they were 6 years old and still report no ill effects. On the other had there are some people who get headaches after using a mobile for only a few minutes a day. People are all different and must each have a different level of resistance to whatever radiation (if any) is emitted from a mobile telephone.

On the subject of mobile telephone masts, I belive that if these are in a very mobile-heavy area, the collaboration of signals can cause illness, as this is far more than the radiation emitted by one mobile, and much more than a human can handle.

If I remember there was a test made in England, I think half year ago about the radiation of the mobile phones. The result should be found somewhere on the internet, but sadly I don't know what or which organisation it was performing this researces and I even don't know for what to search.They found out that the magnetical radiation can't cause major injuries/problems, but can be dangerous for childrens, especialy for those up to 12 years. So because of that in England the stopped selling kin of mobile phones which were made just for kinds and there was kinda panic for few months, but they said that there is no reason for panic cause nothing can happen to others older then 12 years. They have told also that the fan for hairs ( those thing which is used to dry up our hairs, I don't know how it's called) produces (when it is used) more than 300x more magnetical radiation than a mobile phone.So I think that there shouldn't be any preocupations about this, but maybe in further years we will get more specific informations about the dangerous radiations of mobile phones...maybe something other will be found?

actually it's so useful topic and i hope all can get use of it

and about my openion i don't think that mobiles have this dangrous effect that we all hear about even if they have any harmfull effect i think that it won't be with that image that we all take about

that if these harmfull effects are measured from the healthy side

but if we measure the effects from another side of view such as social side or financial side , i think we should look deeply inside the topic and look to it from many sides.

If we take the social side as an example we will find that mobiles have some bad effects in the social aspect for examples presence of such devices between adolescene allaw them to misuse them by doing some private calls that are not always legal or allawed by their family, also presence of such devices in hands of some make all ask for having the same

and about financial aspect for example the frequent change in prices of calls in different companies may make some sort of overload on some people who are in really need for them

but if it's all about the healthy aspect i study medicine and i never heared about detection of frank harmfull effect done by mobiles, all the matter that we hear about the harmfull effect of the electromagnatic field on the body cells and tissues but does the electromagnatic field of mobiles is larg enough to produce such effect?

or does there any registered case for such harm? that what i didn't hear about till that time

I find it perfectly safe! Since all cell phones give off ALOT of radiation, the damage takes harm to your brain. If you wanted to prevent this, all you have to do would buy some headphones! You can save your brain with a simple purchase of headphones for the price of say what.... 9.95 USD! This allows you to keep using the phone without any signals going to your brain and making you an idiot. THe phone can be a life saving tool for example... You get in a car crash and your friend/wife/child/ whatever faints.. you are gonna HAVE to have a cell phone to call 911!

i dont find mobile phones THAT harmful, but since someof the elder people here have pacemakers, i find using phones too near to them a no-no.and with all the things going around the world, i think mobiles phones and such gadgets will be running around the market making it quite an essential part of living

well.. .imagine talking on the cell phone is like roasting yourself in the microwave. 24/7. Also, study shows that, men that carry cell phones in their pockets, reduce 1/3 of their sperm counts. And another study show that smoking reduces 1/3 of your sperm count. So... if you smoke and talk on the cell phone, you have less chance of having kids. =P. I wonder what is the side effects for women... it's not fair that men have to lose their sperms for talking and smoking while women lose nothing while doing the same thing as the men.

No one knows for sure if using a cell phone is hazardous to your health. But sources report that a 20 minute call can raise your brains temperature by 2 degrees. I'm not a neuro-physician, but that doesn't sound all that enticing. Not only that, but who knows what the long term risks could be. And we may be doing permanant damage to our species and altering our genetic coding. This is a stretch, but not deniable. We have no idea what we are doing to ourselves and we have no idea what we are doing to the environment. What kind of research have we done on the effects of cell phones radiation on water. I know that other forms of radiation can have an effect on water, even thought has been shown to manipulate water. So, with the knowledge that we are primarily composed of water, it is a safe assumtion to say that at the very least affecting the water of our bodies inversely.

And removing radiation from our discussion entirely, we come to whether people are capable of handling the use of a cell phone responsibly. For example, how many people drive with a cell phone up to your ear. If you do, you have probably put at least one other person and yourself in danger in the past week.

The magnitude of visual attention demand while dialing is sometimes less than that associated with manual radio tuning, though at other times dialing may demand greater numbers of glances and total time the eyes are off the road. Driver situational awareness (as supported by mirror sampling) appears to be reduced, though some experimental evidence exists that this reduction occurs only under conditions where drivers judge it to be acceptable, i.e., quiet motor ways. Cognitively demanding voice communications appear to also increase driver brake reaction times, again indicating a reduction in situational awareness.

Add this to the heavier SUVs that have taken the US by storm, and the already less than alert people driving, and we have a huge danger to our health.

In my case, I usually use my mobile phone to send e-mail. Sometimes I use it to make a phone call but those occasions are few and far between. So...it hasn't been harmful to me....and of course I don't use the mobile phone and drive at the same time.

Yes, there is possibly some small risk from using mobile phones. It is vastly lower than the risks from smoking, driving or crossing the road, and probably significantly lower than the risk from TVs and TV transmitters. After many years of research, there is still no clear proof of any risk at all. Statistics show that you are more likely to win a lottery jackpot, be struck by lightning, or even spontaneously combust than you are to be damaged by using a mobile phone! You are very likely to injure yourself as a result of tripping over the wire loop of a fixed phone(!). This is a frequent cause of accidents!!It may seem that mobile phones cause negligible radiation in comparison to microwave ovens but a simple calculation will show you the opposite.If you talk on the cellular phone just one hour a day the whole radiation is as follows:1 hr a day x 365 days a year = 365 hours365 hours x 3 watts = 1095 watts1095 watts x 10 years = 10950 watts!!!10.000 watts radiation of cellular phone (ten times more powerfull than microwaves ovens) is as if you would put your head in a microwaves oven.You can imagine what would happen to you... you would burn like a sausage. Cell phone can do biological damage through heating effects >>>> This causes: headaches, earaches, blurring of vision, short-term memory loss, numbing, tingling, and burning sensations, bad sleep.And my certain answer is::::::::I was in charge of a research one year before. The results was 50-50I mean that if you have a mobile with Bluetooth then you have bigger problem than when you call somebody.It is also another microwaves than they haven't passed from your mind : the WLAN (g and b protocols)So the general result was : the mobile has the less radio from any other things in your home.......

Here are some things that you must know : <<<Research on mobile phones is difficult to interpretThe jury is still out on whether mobile phones harm users' health, according to an investigation by the New Scientist.The report comes as new research is expected to show improved reaction times for people who use mobile phones.A study by the University of Bristol, to be published in the International Journal of Radiation Biology on Thursday, suggests mobile phone users have reaction times which are around 4% faster than non-users.Alan Preece, who led the research, speculates that it could be that the microwaves from the phones speed up the flow of electrical signals through a part of the brain which connects areas related to vision and language.But he does not know why they might do this and what the long-term effects might be.Nematode wormsDavid Concar of the New Scientist says other studies of mobile phones have come up with similar surprising results.Research by the University of Nottingham found that nematode worms exposed to microwaves grew 5% faster than normal.This suggested that microwaves increased cell division, leading to fears of links between mobile phones and cancer.However, David de Pomerai, who led the research, says there is no reason to panic."Exposing a nematode worm to microwaves overnight is like exposing a human continuously for an entire decade," he stated.The team are trying to figure out what causes the changes.They believe they may be related to stress.Henry Lai at the University of Washington found that rats exposed to microwaves showed signs of stress.For example, they produced natural painkillers called endorphins.Other research suggests that microwaves may impair the electrical activity of rat's brains and weaken their reactions.But David Concar says the implications are not clear because the research, by John Tattersall at the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency, only looked at microwaves' effect on cells from deep within the brain.Mobile phones would be unlikely to affect brain cells at such a level, says Mr Concar.CancerOther studies have suggested mobile phones could increase the risk of cancer.But all have been difficult to substantiate. For example, an Australian study of mice which suggested microwaves from the phones increased the likelihood of developing lymphoma.But the results have been impossible to reproduce.Meanwhile, a US study found that mice exposed to microwaves for two hours a day were less likely to develop brain tumours when they were fed a cancer-causing chemical.Mr Concar says the discrepancy between studies suggests that any cancerous effect mobile phones may have is likely to be tiny.However, he adds that it is still too early to know whether the phones can cause changes to brain activity and memory.The World Health Organisation is finalising plans for the biggest ever study of mobile phones and their health effects.The $6m study, which is partly funded by mobile phone firms, will compare the mobile phone use of around 3,000 Europeans with brain tumours with a control group without tumours.However, there are concerns that the study's results will be difficult to interpret, for example, because brain tumours can take years to develop.ShieldsThe New Scientist has also investigated whether devices for shielding people from microwaves are effective.It found that performance depended on the type of phone.Hands-free mobiles were the least likely to cause radiation problems.Meanwhile, researchers at the University of Surrey are developing a smart antenna which directs microwaves away from the head. >>> (BBC news)

I highly doubt there is a major saftey risk, the radiation one would recieve is utterly miniscule when put into comparison with our normal daily exposure. Most of which comes from the sun. Also its safe to say that there is no short term risk from exposing one's self to cell phones, else there would be a reasonable trend forming by now showing people who are long time cell phone users dropping by the wayside. or more likely, having 3 eye'd babies, and testicular cancer. (hopefully not both at the same time.)