xisto Community
JackTheRipper

Is Football The King Of Sports?

Is football the king of sports?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SO do you think that football is the king of sports??? and why?I vote yes because :It is very popular not only in my country but all over the world and it?s called ?The king of sports? because the tension and the adrenaline during the game make you so excited and that is why so famous all over the world and that is the reason that football is not boring.

Notice from electriic ink:
Merged double posts

I'd like to ask before I cast my vote: are you referring to football as in soccer (for United States folks) or football as in NFL (National Football League) where a sport in style of rugby with protective gears?It's just that this forum is open to all nations and I can anticipate some confusion to the word "football" with certain nationalities.

SO do you think that football is the king of sports??? and why?
I vote yes because :
It is very popular not only in my country but all over the world and its called The king of sports because the tension and the adrenaline during the game make you so excited and that is why so famous all over the world and that is the reason that football is not boring.

Notice from electriic ink:
Merged double posts

He's referring to soccer, since he said in his post that it is popular not only in his country, but all countries. And footnall is only popular really in the U.s.a . Soccer is the best sport because every country plays it. No matter what ethnicity you are, you most liekly no how to play soccer!

are you referring to football as in soccer (for United States folks) or football as in NFL (National Football League)

It is very popular not only in my country but all over the world

NFL-type football is not that popular worldwide and more people watch FIFA type football than rugby. I'm guessing you're referring to "soccer", JackTheRipper.

Yeah, I'd have to say that the beautiful game is indeed king of sports. If a billion people watch it and the largest sports contract to date was made in that sport (Beckham contract) I'd say it's well qualified for the title.

The question in my country (Australia) in regard to football is.. which type of football is popular. Down here you got Australian Rules football, Rugby union, Rugby League (League & Union are 2 completely different codes) & Soccer. Soccer has been on the rise lately considering the Socceroos appearance at the world cup, but considering the amount of bandwagon supporters around the place, with them off the soccer bandwagon, there are still an amount of casual sport fans (those that follow any code), followed by "new" soccer fans and those long term hard-core soccer fans.But yeah, out here.. its either Australian Rules football (by far the most popular spectator sport, and junior sport.. followed by the 2 rugby codes).

I definitely would have to disagree that football (soccer in my country) is the king of all sports. It is a bit slow and a lot of controling the ball rather than taking lots of chances. I prefer hockey over soccer any day. Much more entertaining with all the hitting, fighting, break aways, etc. Plus, there is a good amount of control in it like soccer but much more shooting and oppertunity for scoring.

Popular, yes but not king of sports. Maybe they should add a two-point shot, a distance shot just like a three-point shot in basketball. It will change a little bit in their defense and offense. It will add some excitement and hope for a team that is lagging a goal in that game.

Yes, football(soccer) is the king of all sports.It is played all over the world.In Europe, soccer is so popular.Germany, Italy,England,France,Netherland,Spain..... very good at playing soccer.And there are excellent soccer leagues run very well in these countries.European Champions' League is held every year, champions of Eurpean countries' leagues play together to find who is the best one club of this year.In south America, Brasil and Argentina are also very very stong at playing soccer, they have many huge stars in history.In Africa and Asia, football is also popular,many countries have their own football leagues.The World Cup, now is one of the most popular sports events.It makes fans crazy every four years~~I think no other sports are more popular than football.

well in my country, football (soccer) is the king of sports.. this sport has the most fans over the country.. almost every boy talks about soccer, whether it's a league game, a friendly, international, etc..in the world i think it's the same.. you can see it on huge occasion like the world cup or even the smaller one like euro.. billions of people turn their attention to the event..

Definitely! Football rules, it is awesome. I have played it for many years since I was a little squirl, it is social, fun and in my opinion everyone can play it. (Not professional but with your friends at the field.) In Norway it is big, the biggest sport of them all. Handball is great too, they get more goals so I love that too. Football is the queen of all sports. :) Rugby is horrible. I do barely understand it?

Definitely! Football rules, it is awesome. I have played it for many years since I was a little squirl, it is social, fun and in my opinion everyone can play it. (Not professional but with your friends at the field.) In Norway it is big, the biggest sport of them all. Handball is great too, they get more goals so I love that too. Football is the queen of all sports. :)
Rugby is horrible. I do barely understand it?

I agree with you bluebear~
In my country, China, football(soccer) is very popular.Although Chinese football team is weak in the world :)
But we love this sport.There are professional football leagues which has 4 levels here, in the top level there are 14 teams.
Every year, the football league is a hot topic.
And more footballs fans prefer foreign football leagues which are much more excellent.The top 5 leagues in Europe, we all love them very much.Every weekend we can watch the matches on the TV.
Every 4 years there are big festivals for football fans, The world cup, the europe cup..all fans around the world are crazy.

I don't like watching soccer very much, it's too slow for me. I really tried to like it, but all I see is the ball getting kicked back and forth, with attempts to score dispersed between the 90 minutes. I do like watching highlights of Cristiano Ronaldo though. It's pretty fun to watch him own people.Playing soccer is better than watching, but I like using my hands and arms. :)

football is not the king of sports. it is pretty popular but still quite a few countries don't play soccer much at all like the USA, Australia, New Zealand and quite a few other countries but i have to admit that soccer is very popular especially in europe. another reason why i say soccer is not the king of sports is that even in eurupe - where soccer is very popular - in quite a few countries rugby is very popular like: france, ireland, england, scotland and wales.

Well, I'm from Brazil :lol: and you know, here football is the king of sports. Actually sometimes it is not only the king of sports but also the king of media, happiness, corruption, etc...Here all the little boys want to be a professional football player when he grows up, because this can change dramatically their lives. So the politicians and the media can manipulate a large part of the population through the use of it, taking attention of much more important things to our people. ^_^