xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matt2

Internet Browser For Nintendo Ds Only for DS Lite :o

That is really stupid. the only difference really in the DS and the DS Lite is that the DS Lite has a brighter screen or something like that. That is really dum the came out at almost the sames times, like you said the DS Lite came out like 6 months later. Good luck with finding something that will fix that problem, that would suck if you had to go and buy a new DS Lite to get that feature though. That is why i have always been a xbox fan lol.

Ya because I have a regular DS and well it's really annoying that like nothing works for it anymore.

By the way does anyone know of a place to buy blank Nintendo DS game cards/cartridges? I'm sure I can download a browser somewhere off of the internet and somehow copy the browser onto it, does anyone know of a guide to do this?

It's probably impossible to buy blank game packs for any Game Boy/DS product. You would probably need some kind of contract with Nintendo, with you being from a game company. Programming for the DS also would probably be very different.
In other words, don't get your hopes up too high for making a universal DS browser.

It's probably impossible to buy blank game packs for any Game Boy/DS product. You would probably need some kind of contract with Nintendo, with you being from a game company. Programming for the DS also would probably be very different.
In other words, don't get your hopes up too high for making a universal DS browser.

There's no way to get a blank cart, but this site sells a product that allows you to download/upload game info (saves and full games) between your computer and DS... so you could develop your own but it'd be a pain to redistribute (which should be fine, since I think that'd be illegal unless you had a contract with Nintendo). I haven't tried it but I think that'd be the best bet.

i can explane why it is for ds lite only. it has a memery pack that goes into the gba slot. if you look at the gba slot for ds lite it is smaller so the memery pac is smaller. it only fits into the ds lite but they have the internet browser for the orinignal ds. :)one more thing the gba thing you are looking at is a flash cart. you downloude roms onto it and it playes them. it is iligeal to use the rom with out oning the game

Aww I'm disappointed. I guess it's ok for me since my original DS broke and I was thinking about getting a DS Lite anyway. But it's not fair to those who already have the original DS. It's just a marketing gimmick to get people to buy the Lite.

Actually you can use everything on both systems and that but Nintendo just promote the Lite seeing as it is the later system they are the same just they want to make it seem it only works on it as it is newer. Other then that all things for the DS Lite will work on the original DS.-Tidus0

Sorry for the Bump but have you ever herd of an R4DS? its a storage divice for you DS. You can have up to a 2gb. (I have the 1gb) I was looking for an internet browser for mine, but I can't find one that will work with my DS lite, & yes the R4 also works with the DS Fats. You can hold up to 20 games on the 1gb (depending on the size of the game.Heres some links to the R4 (cost: $58.98)4lessonline.Com/r4.HtmMeritline.Com/kingston-1gb-micro-sd-card.Html?gclid=COz09tW5kpECFSUwlgodYVmZPw

Sorry!

Internet Browser For Nintendo Ds

Replying to Matt2

The problem with doing that is when I did it today, it asked me for the memory expansion pack, which you'll have to delete a gba cart or get a blank one,which is illegal,and a lot of people at Gamestop had it, and they say you rather should use a computer to browse on the web than using it, and if your wondering if it could play videos and download files, you're wrong. It can only go on sites. Another reason is that if you found out about it when it came out, there was an original one before, but it was discontinued in 2006. If you want it so badly, I suggest that you buy a DS Lite and buy the browser.

-reply by ROMwizard329

how come

I have a friend who has a ds lite but I don't even know how to even try internet

-reply by jeremy123456789

Everything is stupid when it comes to companies. Even the mighty nintendo have a huge amount of stupidity when it comes to life. It's not really stupid from the point that it is a bad idea it's stupid from the point that they're money hungry bar stewards at the end of the day.They do make more money by releasing things solely for one console. People think I want a DS lite, I want to go on the internet on my DS. If you think about it it's a retarded application in the first place. You cna only really get on the internet in the same place that you would with a computer. Either on your wireless router at home. Which you would only have if you had a computer, or using a USB dongle-stick-thingy. That which you plug into your computer. Which can go on the internet. Yes there are exceptions. In places like mcdonalds there are wifi hotspots and stuff like that but as a general rule if your not on your computer you can't go online. End of.

That's not fair; just because I buy a product from them earlier than others, means I don't get a nifty new feature on a virtually-identical platform? :/ I don't know how to get DS roms onto a cartridge, but if I find out I will let you know. Stupid nintendo. :D

It's something called an R4 adapter. This R4 adapter is basically a MicroSD adapter fit for a Nintendo DS to read. The DS reads specially formatted MicroSD cards, and this adapter fools the DS into thinking it's reading an actual game cartridge. (Or so far as I know... MicroSD is a standard for cell-phones.)

Does anyone know how to fix up the ds web browser were it won

Hey does anyone know how to patch up the ds lite web browser were it will run at 100% efficiency, and without any viruses or anything else? If so PLEASE tell me, because my ds lite web browser says that it has to run a online virus scanner because it may be infected. So please reply to my post.

-reply by Neil

Does anyone know how to fix up the ds web browser were it won

Hey does anyone know how to patch up the ds lite web browser were it will run at 100% efficiency, and without any viruses or anything else? If so PLEASE tell me, because my ds lite web browser says that it has to run a online virus scanner because it may be infected. So please reply to my post.

-reply by Neil