xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BooZker

High School Is A Waste Of Time And Money 4 years of schooling that i finished in one week

I can certainly sympathize with the topic starter's premise, as any thinking student would question the public school's dumbing-down system of indoctrination and it's negative effect on his personal evolution. However, if one's parents weren't enlightened enough to either, a., home-school, or b., put up a little cash for private education one is left with little choice but to put in one's time. And really, that's what it feels like, doesn't it? Prison! But keep heart, young one. Soon, you will graduate hell school and bigger and better doors will open. Be patient. And for any parents out there considering the thought of sentencing your child to the Public Fool System - shame on you! You should have never procreated.

I don't know why anyone could thing that the high school is a waste of time and money. It's like primary school, kids are getting knowledge there, which make them a succesfull people in the future, when they grow up.Аlso, when kids are in school, they are not out, with bad buddies, they don't drink alcohol, don't take drugs etc. It's better to be in school, with grow up people who takes care about you, than to be out, subjected on many wrong stuff.

i didn't really read any of the posts to this thread. but based on the title alone i kind of agree with it. the fact is that all public school sucks. high school was an okay time for me, but compared to the college life, it sucks. its one of those things that you need to work yourself through as it isn't going to change. high school is going to suck. no matter how you slice it.the best thing you can do is keep yourself busy and try to take things you like. its when you dont have the flexibility to choose things that there will tend to be problems as you keep losing interest. thats when you will find yourself getting in trouble.once i got in to college and i had basically full control of my schedule, i really took interest to most of my classes with the excepion of hte mandatory classes that i had to take.

If you can write a GED and skip high school and feelcomfortable doing that then fine. A lot of teenagers would need the time in high school though to mature anddevelop life skills. Going from Junior high school to College would be just tooabrupt for too many.Many kids have no idea about what they want to do with they're life anyway and need time to decide.

you're right. you are not very smart if you insist on asking dumb questions. your question would be like me asking you why waste 4 years in college when you can go straight in to the workforce in a job you enjoy. it's like saying everyone has to be the same with the same path and direction.

what makes high school so important? the experiences during that time. i believe that for some people, their path is to quit some things to gain other things in life quicker. something that you are doing now. for others, maybe they will gain something in high school where they couldn't gain it anywhere else.

i hated school. i hated college too. i realized in my 20's that school was never me. i DO believe however that people need the basics to make one a little more well rounded as an individual.

instead of asking why high school is more important. ask yourself why others don't do what you are doing when the majority of people can probably pass the ged testing straight out of jr. high. the majority of people can but they aren't doing what you're doing.

some of my best experiences were in high school. you meet people and become closer to them because you take all the same classes together. this is a rewarding experience in itself that you can never get in college. high school offers sports that most people cannot compete in at the college level.

you talk about completing high school in a week where it takes others 3-4 years depending on the school. that is so absurd to say when you never even completed high school. all you did was pass a test that most people could pass straight out of jr. high. all you did was skip 4 years of your life that you will never gain back because you are being too quick to think you need to grow up faster than you do.

you are probably one to believe that professional athletes, after getting a full scholorship, should play sports at the professional level if qualified rather than get an extended education.

there are pros and cons to both sides which i am not going to list them all. you are 16 and don't know the answers because you haven't experienced anything yet in life that can give you those answers. every experience in life makes you smarter. it's not about just the education or preparing for a job that will last you your whole life....not to experience anything more than just that. life is about experiences. learning and gaining from experiences. when you bypass certain things in life that you can never get back....and i mean NEVER......then all you're doing is limiting your own experiences.

this is why you are asking these questions....because you just limited yourself to gain in other areas of life that you yourself felt was more important. i'm not putting you down or anything.....but at 16, you better believe that you don't know it all and have your whole life ahead of you to experience things where you wont have to ask questions like the ones you asked.

simply put, you asked the questions because what you did, did absolutely nothing for you to be wise enough to know those simple answers about life.

but again. it's not about the education...but the experiences and what you gain from those experiences without limitations. some of the most influential people never completed their basic education you get from high school and went on to do great things. it is all about knowing ones self and the path or directing that is THEM and the life they need to lead themseles in to. everyone is different in that respect so high school is important for that reason alone so that some people can gain those experiences that high school offers than no other institution offers. if that wasn't for you...great. i hope you know what your doing at such a young age. i hope you never regret your decision because you will never be able to take it back once you go forward with that decision.

usually it's the smarter ones who decide to excel because school is boring and not challenging enough. this is why some of the smarter geniuses fail their classes. they don't see the point in doing the work. this is not your case since you admited that you aren't one of those geniuses.

what i never understood about college though is why the first 2 years are neccessary when it's the same crap you basically learned in high school. but college does let you choose more options later on dedicated to some sort of career path. this is what i liked about college even if i never graduated knowing that the higher education wasn't me as you feel high school wasn't you...but it is for some.

I just want to know these questions:
1. What is the point of the high school system?
2. Why would you want to spend that kind of tax money on an extra system we do not need?
3. Why make high school 4 years when i clearly have been able to do it in a week?
4. Why would you want to get a high school diploma over a bachlores degree?

Nooooooooooooooo you are totally wrong I think that the high school is very important in the human development. Maybe is more logical say that the university is a waste of time and money. In Honduras the 50% not end the high school and have more probabilities of living poor all their lives.In change the university can be a waste of time if you dont want to be an employee. Maybe you are interested in the business world and the university can be a obstacle in your way.The education in the things that you are interested never is a waste of time.

I think that with school you actually learn alot of stuff sub consciously and are learning alot more than you are aware of, also i think that you learn responsibility and the importance of getting homework on time, planning and you also get to develop routines.Another plus side to school is getting your own social identity and creating a network of friends, most people meet quite a few friends through school.

This is not a rant. This is not a complaint. This is a question. Why do we have a school system like high school. High school is a waste of your money and time. I'm 16 years old. I'm not a "badass" I'm not a criminal, F student, drinker, smoker, father, or anything like that. What i am is a college student at 16 majoring in graphic design with a 3.5 GPA.
Most people do not know you can go directly from middle school to college. I went for my freshman year at a high school and hated it. I was failing algebra, had a D in science, and had bad grades like this the whole time. Was it because i am stupid? No. When i tested out at the college i maxed out the reading, so i do not have to take ANY reading classes, i got the highest english you can get, and math i got into algebra II. But wait i failed algebra I. Just in case you don't know, high school math goes like this now, Algebra I, Geometry, then Algebra II. So i skipped an entire year of math?

In washington state to get into college you need a high school diploma or GED. Since i didnt have a high school diploma i decided, what the hell, i'll get a GED then go to college. I passed every test on my first try after going to high school one year and failing math and science. Now that i am in college i got a B in math, A in typography , B in graphic design, and an A in integrated media (this is like a graphic design appreciation class). So 2 Bs and 2 As pretty good for a 16 year old high school drop out.

The point of this post is to ask why do you go to high school? Why would you waste your time? If your my age, by the time you graduate high school i will be on my way to California to go to the best know graphic design college in the country, Art Center in Pasadena, California. You'll have wasted 4 years of your life that i completed in a week.

WAIT! What about friends, what about prom, dances, drama, ect. I'm not a nerdy person, im not considered ugly, fat, geeky, or anything. If anything popular. I would rather spend my time going to the dances with my girlfriend that are not at high school. People assume normally that i'm some super smart geeky dude and thats why i dont like school and did so good in college. Just for purpose of proving m point go to https://myspace.com/browser That is me. Do i look like the type of person you would think of when you say "he is a 16 year old college student"?

Why do you have to do these things? Why not spend the extra time you have, about 3-4 years, doing things just like that. They dont have to be at a school you know. You would make friends in college just as i have. I have friends who range from 19-30 yrs of age.

You say employers dont hire people who are GED holders. False also. My first job ever was at Target as a cashier. They saw me motivated since i dropped high school to just go to college.

I just want to know these questions:

1. What is the point of the high school system?
2. Why would you want to spend that kind of tax money on an extra system we do not need?
3. Why make high school 4 years when i clearly have been able to do it in a week?
4. Why would you want to get a high school diploma over a bachlores degree?

That's all. Now i get my credits and my answers, hopefully my answers.

Remember i think education is a great thing. My girlfriend wants to be a nurse. At her high school though they have no programs for medical fields at all. Her parents wont let her drop and go to college until she is 18 either. So now after she is done with high school it will take her twice as long just because the high school can't provide the stuff we need for career options.

This is based on the United States of America's school system by the way. You know, the one who has worse scores then some of the most pour third world countries.

high schoool is so important to us! that was i believe for!
because in high school we learn so many things like we had to study hard just to earn the scholarship that we want, and we start in high school the real meaning of friends that we want to hang-out for making crazyness,bystand, a lot of funny stuff that we can think in highschool life! and being a highschool is fun because in highschool we start becoming teenagers anf the fun part ( you know that ) i will not say it anymore highschool life rules :)

high school is very boring and itt is useless to study their .we should stop going to the high school because it it not neccesary to go to the school to study in the school, we can stud in tution only, why should we spent so much day in the high school to study

I'm sorta mixed bag about this.Education is kinda stale and needs a complete reformation. It completely kills creativity, individuality and self expression. It's based on completely irrelevant information and a "if you can't conform to the system than you are not a valuable person" mentality.The education system does very little except to teach you how to succeed in the education system and even that doesn't work with half the students.It is unfortunate. Education should be about teaching kids how to find their interests and passions and allowing them to explore that and accentuate their strengths instead of teaching everyone with the same cookie cutter robot model.My opinion is that they should teach about stuff that matters. But come on, will it really say on our job applications "Please analyze this essay. Then use it as an example to write your own from a dog's point of view." Seriously.

In my opinion, high school education system is just there to prepare every basic for you. Which ever course or what ever subject you take is all up to you...Some people maybe failing science but he got into accounting department at the college and did pretty good in the examination. Like in your case, you took geometry I and score quite bad on it, but when it come to geometry II you score good result in it. Does it really mean that geometry I is pointless? Maybe sometime people get a bad mark in chemistry but does that mean they cant score in material science or even thermodynamic? Sometime maybe the subject you study in high school doesn't interest you and so you cant score it until maybe later at the college *like in your case* you grew interest on it and start to score well on it. One more example, when you teach a 13 years old how to resolve a resultant force, I dont think they can score on it. Later when you grow older you can solve it under 2 minute, does that mean it is pointless?

hi, im josh and im 17 years old just about 18 ive been in this high school for about 4 years now and im only a junior cause at around the sophmore year i was realizing how repetative everything was getting and now i just dont even try anymore and i feel like most kids are just wasting there time in this messed up society we have i may not be in college or anything like this guy but that's only because my parents wont let me drop out and im just going to a area where i can get my GED next year and i can guarantee i can still get into a decent college and be able to get a average job or maybe even a well payed one, i may be a game nerd but im not like what you think i have friends from all fields, popular, jocky, nerdy, geeks, goths, emo etc... and a lot of them see my point of view but they try a little more because sure they feel like its still for an education but its just a repetative sequence over and over you only learn the same things every year and i feel as if we are all wasting our money/time on this screwed up system our government is corrupt they do everything only for the money and if u believe there doing it so we can actually get an education then you are dead wrong and i feel sorry for you and i hope that you will eventually see that they are corrupt like in how our justice system criminals that are bad people are being set free and people that are innocent are still sitting in jail rotting only getting older and they say that people like me are wasting there time on ranting but im not im actually doing this is a class project were supposed to be doing and i chose to do it on how school is such a waste of time but we need more people like me to prove that it is not and if your an adult right now school is alot more different then what it used to be back in your age im learning stuff my mother said that she learned in college and shes doing just fine so in a way how am i wasting my time? when i can get my GED and just be able to do better than what shes doing but either way thats how i felt