xisto Community
cipher123

How To Become Bulletproof!

Hey there everybody,Whilst on Lycos IQ the other day, a strange question popped into my head, so I decided to ask it on their site. I wanted to know how fat you'd have to be to become bulletproof!Within 5 minutes I'd had a reply. I was told that physicians in America had performed these tests on this weird skin-like substance, and had calculated that the penetration the bullet made compared to the force of the shot in comparison to the thickness of the lesh, would mean you would become bulletproof if you had 60 centimetres o fat around your middle!So, being obese can be a good thing...

60cm is about 24 inches (for those who are in different measurement :P)Ack! To walk around or live with 2 feet of lard in my belly? If a bullet doesn't kill me, the massive heartattack will...I think I would rather invest in a kevlar vest. :P

same here, being that big inot worth it, even if you can be good if you get shot. But who would wanna shot someone that big anyway? Much rather buy a vest then having to carry a load of fat.

I never thought it that way endless hATE, that you couoldnt fit through the door, I just thoiught it was big, like the amount of fat, but I did not know it was like that?

I rather look like fool (50 cent) and wear a vest, of ocurse I am surprised that you didn't ask how much muscle a person were to need to order to become bullet proof.Also I would assume that this bullet proof would come form small arms and say like a high powered rifle or 50 cal sniper rifle (yeah hundreds of people are running around with those).

Ya I would like to know how bulletproof you would be and how powerful the bullet was shot at them from the test and how far away. I think I'll stick with my little skinny self instead of trying to gain that much wait and end up dying from one of the many other factors you would be put into danger by because you are that obese. I wonder how it would look though, see if fat starts dropping out... or not. It'd still hurt either way though as well.

Ok as you say if you're fat you an make your body bulletproof, but what will happen if the bullet is shot at the head.

tragically, it can result to death, obviously. ;) until the time of course when a bullet-proof head encasement is made available (imagine a bullet-proof fishbowl you can wear ;)), or when humans have evolved substantially to magically repel any bullet on any part of the body.

Even if someone would have enough flesh around them to be bulletproof, what use would it be? Someone could kill this person by shooting them in the head. Even if the head had enough fat, a shot to any of the eyes could kill that person.

Even if the bullet does not kill you, it would still do a lot of damage. And I imagine that, despite the thick layer of fat, you would still feel quite a bit of pain.The best course of action is of course to try not to get in the way of any bullets :lol:

Like BuffaloHELP said, I'd invest in kevlar. It's lighter anyway. <3Besides, if you're that big, why would you need to be bulletproof? You're not gonna rob a bank...it'd take like 2 hours for you to get to a getawar car, and 2 more to get in...unless maybe you have a getaway pickup truck, or getaway uhaul...

OMG why would u want to die fat ? sry what i meant was, why become fat when u can just become soo fit tht u could bend metal pillars ;) solid body is better than a soft blubber, u kno we aren't seals we only get soft blubber not hard/rough blubber like seals have.

Well why don't you ask how much muscle you need to protect your organs as you see along with being healthy if you have muscle it has many more benefits unlike obesity.