xisto Community
coolduck123456

Spam My Forum Pleassseee

Ever wanted to spam? Well...here's your chance. I'm allowing anybody to spam a specific category in my forum. The category is called Spammers Forum and you can break the rules in it. You still have to be registered, but at least you cna finally spam and break the rules for once. This is only going on for a limited time so hurry!!Not joking, you will not get banneed for doing so! :) the link is in my sig so spam away!!

I don't know why anyone would want their forum spammed for a breif period of time. Why not simply get a user to be the spam moderator, create a spam thread where they can spam and not be banned and also where they don't receive post count. There are many mods for PHPBB forums and im sure many others, so if thats what you would like just do a quick google search. That way your faithful members have somewhere to spam, and you can rest assured that your members wont get post count. Although you may have done this now but why bother making the spamming for only a short time?

Why would you want people to spam your forums for? Not unless you are trying to get your forums stats up so them new members think it is a good forum to stay at. Because if people do spam you will have many new members and topics which will look better for any visitors to join your forum. Is that why you are letting people spam at your forum

Ever wanted to spam? Well...here's your chance. I'm allowing anybody to spam a specific category in my forum. The category is called Spammers Forum and you can break the rules in it. You still have to be registered, but at least you cna finally spam and break the rules for once. This is only going on for a limited time so hurry!!
Not joking, you will not get banneed for doing so! biggrin.gif

the link is in my sig so spam away!!

NO Offense mate, but making users/guests SPAM on your forum doesn't make your forum increase it's users or guests. It just makes your forum senseless and will decrease it formality to the public at large.

SPAM = "bad idea/bad thing"

Just voicing my opinion. Still, the decision it yours.

I disagree with AeonLan, I think it will increase the amount of users that come in. Some people might be bored and just say spam. Or webmins can post links to their sites to increase exposure to search engines.

you'll be setting your forum into a spammer's paradise? one of these days, you will regret it, when spam gets unruly -- even within the non-spam designated sections of your forums. :) but to each his own, as they say. so good luck. :rolleyes: my only qualm is (not that i'm going to spam anyway), why set a limited period for the spam? :rolleyes:

If the forum is large with a large amount of posts and users at the same time, then a section dedicated to "Spamming" other forums might be useful. But if its a small forum starting out and so forth, then it probably wont be a good idea because they'd be trying to get more members by needing to promote their "quality" posts and discussions.

Yeah...I guess arnz your probably right about how it would and won't work. I thought that it would just be something fun to have since everybody is just dieing to break the rules or spam. I'm trying it and if it does get out of hand look for it to be removed!

If you want people to sign up on your site, advertise that. They'll post on the forums. And THEN they'll see the spam section, and say "Hey, I wanna spam!". If you advertise "Spam my board please", people will not take you seriously. It really de-proffessionalizes(yes I made that up)" your board, in my opinion.

I echo the sentiments that spamming isn't good for the forum. Spamming for me is the downside of any forum, if I ever saw spamming at a site, then I would really be looking at the downside of the forum rather than the positive parts. For me, a spam is just an indication of how thrashy the forum is. Though Spam will just make your forum look 'slightly' better in terms of stats but when visitors actually go into the forum looking at your quality, they would be appalled at what is actually posted and not join the forum

I agree with KuBi and AeonLan, If you advertise spamming on your forums no one will take your forums seriously, pretty soon it will be filled with idiots spamming alot, and soon you will be wondering why you ever created a spam board. You wont get alot of members, contrary to what many believe just because you have alot of topics created doesn't mean you will gain members, if anything your loyal members will be fed up and leave. People that visit your site wont go "Wow theres so many topics, i should join this popular forum." If they were smart they will do what everyone else does, and look where the majority of topics are coming from, if they find its from a spam board then they will not take much interest. Also i dont think that people actually exist on Earth just to spam, so they wont live at the spam area, which means you should make it a price to spam, like say deducting post count or credits. This way if you have a reward system people wont want to spam alot, but still spam if they can afford it.

I am closing this topic.

If you check the date of the posting, you should realize that this is an old topic. The member is no longer active.

Topic closed.