xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ifed89

Today's Youths All about youths of today: lifestyles and behaviours

Youth of today live lives void of the understanding that the journey of live is like a chess game but rather taking life to be a funfair.Most of our youths today are intoxicated by the liberty given to them to express themselves to the fullest, which has lead to a rapid depreciation of moral.constant rebellious and ungodly acts no longer touch the consciences of our youths today.Most youths lack simple manners which is the basic in life due to the restraint of parents in our societies today to dare correct the youths sharply if this should continue the way it is as the world keep on growing in technology and in things which make live more comfortable and pleasurable we may be losing a major part our lives which should be held at high value which is culture.With the increase of cultural neglect our moral standards may become extinct just like the dinosaur it may be 10 years from now or 100 or 1000 or more but it is close at sight but i believe if we all work today to make the world a better place for all by being fully aware of the importance of holding our morals at high standards not forgeting our cultural heritages and promoting decency integrity honour peace love obedience self discipline and respect our youths will really have a future that will make our forefathers in the grave and God who is in heaven smile down on us.And we ourselves will ever remain glad if we live lives worthy of emulationCHEERS

I don't agree with you fully. I wouldn't say all youth act this way, it is only those who are caught in the wrong groups. I still see today many teens with decent manners and smart and willing to learn, they like to express themselves sure, sometimes it can get out of hand but we should be allowed to. Really it's when they are in groups with their friends that they (we) act a little rowdy sometimes but I don't think it's bad really. That's why in time we mature into adults and put these things behind you but you gotta try and live it up until then.

You're basically saying that youths today shouldn't follow Path B (The "bad" path, as you see it) and should follow Path A (The good path).Now, you see Path A as being the path we should follow, because this is the correct path, set by some higher thing (For example, the bible (or whatever holy book you read), parents, etc), which also tells you that Path B is wrong.But what I don't see is why we should listen to these people who say Path A is right, and Path B is wrong. Because there will be people who believe that Path B is right, and Path A is the wrong one. Similarly, however, is why should we listen to the latter and think Path B is right?I understand that we should have rules, ie the law, and I understand that they're in place to keep order. But I just don't see why we should all listen to one person/people and follow Path A, or listen to the others and follow Path B. Why can't there be a Path C, where we live our lives how we want, with some boundries, without people saying we're wrong, or forcing their Path A/Path B believes down our throats? (I'm not saying you're doing that). Sadly, Path C does exist in alot of the youths today, but it's not "live how you want" it's "live how you think everyone wants you to live, just to look cool".I'm sorry, I kinda went on a rant, and slightly off topic.Kids do need to be taught better, but only in violent aspects. If they choose to wear all black, or burberry, or whatever, then that's their choice, and people shouldn't tell them otherwise. Like I said though, most of the people wear it because they think it'll make them look cooler/more "in" with it.Maybe we could teach them grammar too. You should look it up :blink:Only messing with you :wacko:

This will be short, but to the point. What you are saying about kids today, is more than likely what people said about you when you and your generation were 10-25. People grow up, let people do so. What someone does today, doesn't always reflect what they will do 25 years from now.

Not all youth are this way. Quoting Dagoth Nereviar,

You're basically saying that youths today shouldn't follow Path B (The "bad" path, as you see it) and should follow Path A (The good path).

No one path is right or wrong. Some people would say I am going down Path B, but I still have the urge to learn. So what if I am slightly rebelious? I am not hurting anyone, or doing any sort of vandalism. Also a lot of people who take Path B and really stick to it do a lot more harm to themselves than they do to others. Even people on Path A can bring out society down. Let people grow up. I think you will see a lot of Path B people convert to Path A.

I also think that there are no real right or wrong paths to take. The majority of things that we do as people are in a sort of 'gray' area, not really good but not really bad either. Take for example a teenager getting drunk at a party. Is this really that bad? I can see that it is if he or she drives or does reckless things, but even when you are drunk you have a conscience. My psychologist said to me,

I have a teenage daughter, and as much as I don't want her to drink underage, I know that she probably has or will. As long as teenagers are responsible, don't drive while they are drunk, and don't abuse alcohol, there isn't a problem with it as long as they arent hurting themselves.

I have been drunk before at a party, and I will admit to it. But is this really something that would put me on Path A or Path B? I think teens still have a lot of choices to make, so they really aren't on a defined path at all yet.

No one path is right or wrong.

[Cut out some text to make the post smaller :wacko:]

I think teens still have a lot of choices to make, so they really aren't on a defined path at all yet.

I've probably got this wrong, but I wasn't saying we should follow Path A or B, I'm just saying that most people say we should, but I don't see why they should tell us what we should exactly do (I don't mind them telling us we shouldn't kill and such).

Anyways, I was ranting so it probably made no sense, so if you did get the wrong end, then my bad :blink:

Some people would say I am going down Path B, but I still have the urge to learn. So what if I am slightly rebelious? I am not hurting anyone, or doing any sort of vandalism.

Take for example a teenager getting drunk at a party. Is this really that bad? I can see that it is if he or she drives or does reckless things, but even when you are drunk you have a conscience.

They would be examples of when I was saying "we should do what we want (Path C) and not be forced to do Path A/B"

Youth of today live lives void of the understanding that the journey of live is like a chess game but rather taking life to be a funfair.Most of our youths today are intoxicated by the liberty given to them to express themselves to the fullest, which has lead to a rapid depreciation of moral.constant rebellious and ungodly acts no longer touch the consciences of our youths today.Most youths lack simple manners which is the basic in life due to the restraint of parents in our societies today to dare correct the youths sharply if this should continue the way it is as the world keep on growing in technology and in things which make live more comfortable and pleasurable we may be losing a major part our lives which should be held at high value which is culture.With the increase of cultural neglect our moral standards may become extinct just like the dinosaur it may be 10 years from now or 100 or 1000 or more but it is close at sight but i believe if we all work today to make the world a better place for all by being fully aware of the importance of holding our morals at high standards not forgeting our cultural heritages and promoting decency integrity honour peace love obedience self discipline and respect our youths will really have a future that will make our forefathers in the grave and God who is in heaven smile down on us.
And we ourselves will ever remain glad if we live lives worthy of emulation
CHEERS

Very well put... I am 18 years old and although I belong to the "new generation" I don't fell I belong to it. I have been raised, or at least I hope so, to love discipline and order (my dad being an army officer). I don't image a world without laws and order. I have the same opinion that todays youths have misunderstood the term "freedom". Yet I think this is only a result of the fact that we did not have to fight for it. Because you see, you can fully appreciate something when you know how it is when you don't have it. In other words, you can only fell happiness after you have suffered.
It may be weird what I am saying but I think the parents are to be blamed for this situation. I don't encourage beating of kids, don't get me wrong, but I think the children should one way or another respect their parents. At least in the USA today, if your dad hits you, he can do jail. Of course violence in large quantities can have the opposite effect, but without it the parent will never get respect from his children. I for one haven really been beaten by my dad, but when I was young he would permit me, like the parents of todays children to argue with him and raise my voice. I have a lot of example in my own generation f people going to parties, getting drunk or even taking drugs. Why? Because they have weak parents who couldn't stop them when they were young. A parent should not tell his kids don't do that or that but he should make his kids understand why not to do that. A kid should smoke or take drugs or get drunk not because his parents tell him he should but because he knows they are not good for him.
I think todays parents spoil their kids much more often then they used to. I have heard parents saying: What can I do if he wants to go to a party until the morning and get drunk? I can tell you that if that boy where my kid I would have beaten him long ago.
I don't know what is happening to the world, but seeing some of my friends I can just wonder what is going to happen to the world if one of them gets some power. No more virtues today, no more respect for laws, no more respect for the parents... And the sad thing is that it doesn't seem to get any better...

A lot of the problem stems from the fact that generations don't pass down their wisdom like they used to. If you go back a few hundred years, young men would follow in their father's footsteps fairly carefully as their Dad would show them how to perform a specific trade and whatnot. Likewise, young women would follow in their Mom's footsteps and be shown the responsibilities of wife and mother.This is a VERY different time now! Our father's can show us very little in the way of a trade as the workplace of today is ever evolving. The roles of women in the world have changed dramatically over just the past 30 years, again making it unlikely that young women would glean anything useful from their Moms.So! Young people today enter a world in which there are few or NO role models for them as they're growing up. With nothing to model themselves after, a kind of rampant apathy has set in and no one really gives a rat's butt about what's happening tomorrow or in other parts of the globe that don't immediately affect them. THERE is where we have an opportunity though!Today's generation of youth CAN be saved simply by setting them up with a real world mentor that can show them the way of things in the here and NOW and provide them with the information necessary to determine how they can best contribute to your new global society. Finding the mentors is the problem though...as they're very few and far between.Certainly there's quite a few college professors that are helpful, so staying in school and getting into college is important. Quite a few successful business men are available via seminars and so forth, so keeping an eye on today's business mogels and the organizations they participate in are important. And, if it floats your boat, quite a few men of faith are helpful - providing real opportunities for young people to traverse the globe and help whole societies that are in desperate need of assistance.It's all about mentoring and having a mission. I haven't completely given up on today's youth...I just hope they keep an open mind in this time of apathy and are still receptive to the pearls of wisdom from middle-aged to old-aged mentors.

It's all about mentoring and having a mission. I haven't completely given up on today's youth...I just hope they keep an open mind in this time of apathy and are still receptive to the pearls of wisdom from middle-aged to old-aged mentors.

I think this is a very profound statement with which I agree wholeheartedly. But as someone else said earlier...

It may be weird what I am saying but I think the parents are to be blamed for this situation. I don't encourage beating of kids, don't get me wrong, but I think the children should one way or another respect their parents.

There is a BIG difference between beating a child and disciplining a child. The problem is many parents fail to know the difference do their child. Because of this, (and rightly so I believe) authorities have found it necessary to protect the children with laws. Unfortunately this also means that the discipline that used to be delivered is no longer possible and the child is no longer taught correct social values. Many will say that discipline does not have to be physical, but it is the most effective. Depriving a child of something as a form of discipline also works, but after a time this is no longer effective.
There a great many children that have good social values, but there are also a great many that seem to have no social values at all. I have 3 teenage children that I am sure have experimented with drugs and alcohol, given the current general social values I'd be very surprised if they hadn't. Given that however, it would appear my wife and I have taught them well enough that they know what is considered acceptable social behaviour. None of them have been in trouble with authorities or appear to have drug or alcohol problems. While I do not always agree with their point of view and sometimes what I consider to be selfish behaviour, they are generally polite to others and have respect for others. I don't think I could ask for more, none of us are perfect. They at least seem to have grasped the main point we have been trying to teach them, respect for others. I think this is where the main problem lies, lack of respect.

I think that most of youth today are already aware of what has happend to this world, and they don't have ambition, ideas or even hope for that that something can change by their own will.That is not their problem, that is problem of our parents and grandparents beacouse that maybe had hope before but after they lived their lives it became clear that there is no path you can chose in life just the oposite the path choses you. That is the problem, no matter how u were raised probably in bottom of your heart you feel that same thing your ancestors felt - weaknes and despair. Ancestors knew everything but in all of that knowlege they still couldn't change the world to be a better place.Now, it is present and everything is clear about it. You can know all the things that everybody else maybe knows and still you can't know one and the most important thing -- how to live your own life. Somebody killed hope, was it drugs, coke, mobile phones, computers, cars? Nobody knows, and beacouse of that everybody is just pretending that they have normal life no matter wheater young or old, beacouse it is easier than fighting the war that you know you already lost...

sometimes youth act like this because they are so restrained and want to rebel or act differently for their parents to get the statement. Yes a big factor is who they are influenced by and what kind of "crowd" they hang out with. at school its all the same peer pressure and trying to fit in. Also sometimes it depends on cultural background. because i know for a fat the majority of asian parents are strict but that isnt true for every asian family. Just talking from my experience

youth Today's YouthsSee friends I'm studing in Xl youth is a age were we are going to the age of adolesenceNo one path is right or wrong. Some people would say I am going down Path B, but I still have the urge to learn. So what if I am slightly rebelious? I am not hurting anyone, or doing any sort of vandalismWith the increase of cultural neglect our moral standards may become extinct just like the dinosaur it may be 10 years from now or 100 or 1000 or more but it is close at sight but I believe if we all work today to make the world a better place for all by being fully aware of the importance of holding our morals-reply by JAIGANESH