xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JasperIk

Do You Think A Woman Would Be A Better President?

It's definitely a possibility, and after Bush, people will be ready for a change - especially anti-war protesters. For the most part, the outcry for a woman president has died down a little bit because of the prevalence of women in politics. It's not so much a hope now as a possibility - and it's a good one. My only fear is that a woman politician will be looked down upon by other nations as being fragile, etc, but I mean, Margaret Thatcher pulled more than her weight for a long time. If Hillary could pull that off, she has my vote!

I don't think a women nor a man is better in office. I think that they are equal... seriously. I think a man might be more aggressive while the women may be more for family issues. They are, i'm sure, better at some things while males are better at certain things. Unlike Bush who is horibble at everything except killing people, taking our money, and being just a complete idiot, i believe most people who get to office are very intelligent anyways.

It doesn't matter who runs for president and/or whichever gender, or race, or origin manages to win the office of US President.All that many are concerned about is that the person who won office is capable to perform the job and perform to the best of their ability without corruption. If they can handle politics, and handle situations well, as there is always bound to be parties which may disagree with a presidents' decision (for example, IR Laws, unions, etc), by all means they should be able to perform their duties well.

Women can not be a president, because womens are not morally strong as men. No doubts some womens are very tuff, but on monthly periods they are stressed out and very nervous. How can you trust for women president in some dangerous situations like nuclear war...-Emilio

I would have a opinion that gender actually doent matter for the post of the president.As it depents on the ability of how a persom is capable in talking skills and have a commanding personality.Even its very important that the person who contest for president should have a powerful persoanlity and should be a well know person of the nation as he would be known for his good qualities.After all a nation need a president who can lead that country to a better future and make life complete and secure in the comming future.I would rather say that a person who is a freedom fighter should be given the post of president not rarher to see on gender.As we all know gender doesn mater in moder world. it the ability and capacity of monay power which run the ultimate society.

sorry. nothing against women. i feel men and women are equal but in different ways. as long as i am alive, i will NEVER vote for a woman president. i love this country too much and i try to do my part in trying to protect it. sure, women can offer this country like no man has ever, but considering our national security right now at a very high level and the fact that women in general do not have the natural decision making abilities to fight and protect, i will not vote for a woman.on the other hand, i wish i was capable of voting for a woman right now as there are areas in this country that desperately need improving that no man will ever come close to improving....and that is healthcare and our educational system. i will accept how it is to continue to try to elet someone who knows how to defend this country and send our troops over sees if necessaryhow many women have actually killed? how many women understand the concept of defending? women will limit our national security and military budget and leave us vulnerable. if we are vulnerable, then we go in to martial law(some say we are in the beginning phase of martial law right now in fact) and when that happens, all their other efforts to help this country is POINTLESS. sorry girls.....you don't have my vote, but it's not because i don't respect you highly. i do......just in other areas.i also know i am somewhat subjective because there is really nothing i can compare my opinion to and not giving the thought a chance. but if i do, it's a risk and not one i am willing to take. not when billions of lives are at stake.i am a white male, 39 nine years old, raised republican, but i vote for the best man and i personally would like to see an qualified african american president(don't ask me to define qualified in this post). i have HIGH respect for black people in this country that have fought hard to get to where they are at today when the white man has supressed them for many years in the past and still do today(not as bad today). i feel we have somewhat lost a sense of culture in this country and feel a black president may be able to bring some of it back but not unless we get over racial issues and being so darn stubborn. this country needs change. right now, i say women- no(for the reasons i stated)......black man- yes(if qualified)!

To make it simple, I would not mind a female president, but she doesnt get any special treatment. They would be treated the same as if it was a male president. If they done a good job, they would be told and they'd have the support at the polls. If they did a bad job, they would also be told, and would likely lose their job at the next election as per the election process.

I doubt a woman would make any sort of better president. A genderless, asexual, open-minded atheist that does not support political faction would, but that's never going to happen.People who say the office needs more estrogen haven't realized that this whole 'oppression based on sex' thing is over. I agree with arnz, a president should be someone who does a good job, not someone who belongs to a group that's been mistreated in the past.

Some of these replies are incredibly sexist, it's almost tragically hilarious. I don't even feel like pointing out the obvious sexist and ignorant comments, because some are in fact obvious.

an atheist as president? hahah i don't think so. that only makes up a VERY little percentage of what the american public believes in. we have "in god we trust" imprinted on our currency. so whatcha talkin' about willis? :P changing our currency to read "in god we will never trust"?

i would vote for a woman president over an atheist any day! i don't necessarily believe in god myself, but you have to gie the american pu blic something to believe in other than there is no god. that would create anarchy and another civil war haha so yes....i would vote for a woman president over and atheist. i will support a cookie baking class as a requirement in every school just because the smell of cookies is soothing and will create a less crime environment.

but....there will never be an atheist elected thank god, and i will never vote a woman to be COMMANDER IN CHIEF. a woman who has never been in the trenches, but willing to give orders to 5 star generals....hahaha NEVER will i vote for a person that isn't or wasn't ever qualified to put a bullet in another man or woman's head to protect this country. an act that when the bullet goes through, will explode on impact leaving the guts on another human being on their pretty pink shoes. leaving a smell of death that will always suround her. oh yea....women are qualified for that......NOT!

women are loving by nature. they are natural mothers and very nurturing. they are all about love and compassion....not KILL KILL KILL!!!

see strong point in a previous post was on the protection of this country(i didn't even mention the smaller but still valid points). also, other third world countries that see us have a woman president will see us as weak. not because i think we will be weak but because the women are wall flowers in their cultures. not to speak, to to be seen....etc....and these cultures will attack us thinking a woman president will be about peace. doesn't matter if our woman president is willing or not. we get attacked eitehr way. then it will FORCE a woman president to make a decision she isn't qualified in making. voting in a woman to be commander in chief and in control of every aspect of our military means women and mean are equal in every situation....therefore since there is a woman as commander in chief, we will then be sending our women on to the battlefields and expect the same out of them as our strongest men who have DIED.....

gimme a break. men and women are equal in the sense that they have certain stronger qualities than men and men have certain stronger qualities as women. our differences compliment eachother and this is what makes us equal. women's lib in the workplace is GREAT if they are qualified but some jobs they just wont be qualified. a woman wont have the physical strength as a man or the mental strength as a man in some situations since woman are more emotional(not a bad thing in certain instances) and not a good thing when emotions will be controling the decision making of a commander of chief SORRY!

on the other hand, i would support a woman vice president if qualified. i think we need one to balance what is needed in this country. i've alread supported and voted for women senetors. i would not vote for a woman govenor however. i try to vote for what i believe will create an appropriate balance in the state and country and i always vote for who i believe is best qualified at the time depending on many factors.

I doubt a woman would make any sort of better president. A genderless, asexual, open-minded atheist that does not support political faction would, but that's never going to happen.People who say the office needs more estrogen haven't realized that this whole 'oppression based on sex' thing is over.

I agree with arnz, a president should be someone who does a good job, not someone who belongs to a group that's been mistreated in the past.

I used to think having a woman persident would be great, but now I'm not so sure. And I am sure that the female running now is NOT what I want for a president. I think woman suffer more from ego tripping than guys do. Put a woman in a position of any kind of power, and then can turn into real bi--ches. Maybe it's from eons of being powerless and finally getting their chances and just going overboard, I don't know. Then there is the PMS thing. I have visions of a female president nuking some other country on a bad PMS day. :P

It doesn't, and shouldn't, matter which gender a president is. A president, no matter man or woman, should be well qualified to have that job in the first place before becoming elected, and neither will do their job better if they're incompetent in the first place. They should not decide foreign policy based on emotion, but logic based on what their advisors think and what they think, thus negating any difference in compentency a man or woman might have when sitting in the oval office. When I see a woman running for president which I can agree with in foreign and domestic policy, maybe I'll vote for her if there isn't already a candidate that I agree with. Hillary is not that person, being the two-faced neocon she is just like Rudi Guiliani. I will rather vote for Kucinich, Gravel, or Paul. I have not decided which one, but I'll probably go with Kucinich.

America, simply put, is not ready for a woman president. Women make decisions based more on emotions than logic, and due to this men simply are better rulers. Of all women in history who have ruled, the only successful ones that come to mind are Elizabeth I, Isabella, and Catherine the Great of Russia. These women were successful due to traits Hillary Clinton does not have. Ever notice how Hillary Clinton changes her views in order to deceive her audience in her favor? Search the internet for "Hillary Clinton contradict herself" and you will soon realize just as I did, this woman is much too dynamic to run a country. Aside from that, I do not support her simply because I disagree with her views constantly. I consider myself a liberal, but I often find myself thinking, is that really what's best for the United States right now? Sorry if I was getting to specific/political, but there's my two cents.

I think a woman, would be a good change...under normal circumstances...Women are (sometimes) more rational, more likely to talk and be diplomatic, and less likely to go off to some uncalled for war against some threat that doesn't even exist (cough)Iraq(cough).HOWEVER - I also think women's lib has turned families upside down, as more and more children are raised in daycare - I believe it's fine for a woman to work, AS Long as her kids aren't neglected, or put into daycare ....It's the woman's responsibility to raise a family if she can, that's why God gave them the ability to have children.I think someone who's retired though and her children have moved out would definitely be able to run a country..If that idiot son of a bastard aka GW Bush, can try to run the country, well... I think anyone can lol.. I mean I could do a better job.I do have one peeve though -- Although I support the possibility of a woman in office, I would NEVER ever support Hillary Clinton, in fact I might turn republican if she were to win the primaries.I'm extremely glad Barack Obama won in Iowa, I hope he goes all the way. Actually my vote would've been for Dennis Kucinich, or John Edwards, or Ron Paul if I was voting republican.But anyways that's all I got to say about that...

Ok, I'm a girl and I'd like to just say that the only women I would ever vote for president would be Ms Clinton. I'm also not American so my opinion doesn't count. But women have a lot of faults, as do men, but unfortunately unless they're on steroids, they'll always have PMS and get emotional at one stage. I respect Hil though because her husband is a sleeze and she kept it together. I think Bill was an awesome President and he'd play a big part in it if Hillary is elected.I'm also ignorant in the fact, as I don't follow American politics that much, so I'm basing my opinions purely on what I've seen on TV and from what I've read. From what I've SEEN and heard she sounds like a strong women. I don't much about the campaignes, but if I did I'm almost positive it would have an effect on my opinion.