xisto Community
Plenoptic

2006 Trap17 Awards Nominations

Well voting has ended, we had a total of 16 votes. Some people voted more than once so I took out their second vote and only counted their first. I personally didn't vote though. Out of the 26 categories voted on, only 1 was eliminated from the list. To view the number of yes and no's you can view the tallies at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Do not discuss the voting here.

Now on to the nominations, there are 25 categories to nominate people for. The only category eliminated was Online Millionaire. Nominate people who you think best fit the description of the categories. You do not have to nominate a person for every category, only the categories that you can and please take this seriously. You can put the reason you nominated them if you would like. Here are the descriptions again...

[hide=plenoptic11]

Most Helpful Members - Members that help out a lot around the forum and do their best to make sure people understand the rules. This will be the only one the doesn't include Mods/Admins

The Comedian - sort of self explanatory, who makes you laugh or brightens up your day.

Most Valuable Poster - This does include Mods/Admins and this will be someone that makes post well that are most valuable. Most informative to you in knowledge or being helpful in helping you learn something in general or about the forums.

Best Site (Design) - Sort of self explanatory, the person who has the best web site design.

Graphical Elite - Those who are really good with signatures, templates, wallpapers, and graphics in general

Best Programmers - Those who are good at coding web sites or programs and help out those with coding.

Lives at Xisto - Most active, and always seems to be around.

Most Active Shoutbox Users - For this nominate who you see in the shoutbox the most often.

Most Reported Posts - This category is mods to nominate whoe they seen the most when a post as been reported.

Trapper of the Year - Like Best Member but open to all.

Person most Likly to be Bill Gates Boss - This person posts are considerably intelligent and contribute a lot to the forum

Most Improved Member - Nominate a member you think has improved the most since they first became a trap member.

Sig of the Year - Nominate signatures found in the forums that you really like and nominate it for signature of the year. If done it may be expanded to different types of sigs like Best Abstract/Grunge.

Welcome Comittee - Person who helps welcome people to Xisto and help them get to know the place.

Profesor - Most Helpful/Most Tutorials

Mad Scientist - Displayed many or one great idea in the My Ideas, Theories, Possiblities, Innovation Section

Oprah/Dr. Phil Wannabe - Best advice giver from Dating and Relationships or the Counseling, Advice, Support forums

Most Non-Posts - Those that even though it doesn't give them hosting credits or post count make a lot of posts in the Non-Post sections on the forum.

Most Creative - Person who is has a lot of posts in the Creativity Forum (Poems, Lyrics, songs) Section.

7Gears King - Person that loves gaming and posts a lot in the gaming forum.

Wired and Live - Person posting a lot in the Technology area of the forums and keeps people up to date.

Consciencious Voicer - Posts a lot on Trapinion to help other people decide what's good and what isn't.

Pruned Surfer - The Internet section major poster.

Trap Eye for the Poor Guy - Finds a lot of stuff for the Freebie Section.

Ironclad Trapper - Finds and posts Security risks and exploits.

Trapped in Vent - User most seen making posts in The Vent.

Four Eyed Wonder - Makes a lot of posts in the Google sections of the forums.

[/hide]

Now please use the following format for voting. You must use quotes.

[hide=plenoptic12]

Most Helpful Member:

Comedian of the Year:

MVP:

Graphical Elite:

Best Programmers:

Lives at Trap:

Most Active in Shoutbox:

Most Reported Posts:

Trapper of Year:

Most Improved:

Sig of Year:

Welcome Comittee:

Profesor:

Mad Scientist:

Oprah/Dr. Phil Wannabe:

Most Non-Posts:

Most Creative:

7gears King:

Technology:

Trapinion:

Internet:

Freebie:

Security:

Vent:

Google:

[/hide]

Those who would like to donate to the prize pool for the awards please send the donations to me via the Xisto Process Page I gurantee all credits sent will be put into my bank to be used for the Xisto Awards only. The more credits we have the bigger the prizes. You don't have to if you don't want to or can't afford to it's strictly volunteer. Right now though I have around 230 credits I can use for the awards and should have more come time to give them out. Nominations will end December 9, 2006 This also will be the last date for donations.

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

Most Helpful Member: Albus Dumbledore
Comedian of the Year: Saint-Michael, Plenoptic, Albus Dumbledore

MVP: Saint-Michael, buffaloHELP, Jhaslip, Plenoptic, Albus Dumbledore

Graphical Elite: CLessi, randomdood

Best Programmers: OpaQue

Lives at Trap: Saint-Michael, Albus Dumbledore Jhaslip

Most Active in Shoutbox: Albus Dumbledore. Saint-Michael, Jhaslip, Plenoptic

Most Reported Posts: Albus Dumbledore, Plenoptic

Trapper of Year: Saint-Michael, Jhaslip

Most Improved: Saint-Michael, Albus Dumbledore, Crazy Rob

Sig of Year: itsmyard, CLessi, randomwood

Welcome Comittee: Mich

Professor: Albus Dumbledore

Mad Scientist: husker, BooZker

Oprah/Dr. Phil Wannabe:

Most Non-Posts: Guest

Most Creative: NigaiAmaiYume

Trapinion: michaelper22

Make sure to use quote tags as well.

Most Helpful Member: JlhaslipComedian of the Year: Saint_Michael, Plenoptic, Albus Dumbledore
MVP: Albus Dumbledore, BuffaloHelp, Jlhaslip
Best Programmers: OpaQue
Lives at Trap: Saint_Michael, Plenoptic, Jlhaslip
Most Active in Shoutbox: Albus Dumbledore. Saint-Michael, Jhaslip, Plenoptic
Trapper of Year: Jlhaslip
Professor: Albus Dumbledore
Mad Scientist: tractor, amit nigam
Oprah/Dr. Phil Wannabe: tuddy
Most Creative: NigaiAmaiYume
Trapinion: michaelper22
Freebie: Lyon2, devili
Google: devili

Most Helpful Member: Plenotopic, jlhaslipComedian of the Year: Saint_Michael, Albus Dumbledore, Plenotopic
MVP: jlhaslip, mich
Graphical Elite: Saint_Michael
Best Programmers: tsunami, shadowx
Lives at Trap: Albus Dumbledore, Saint_Michael, jlhaslip, Kubi
Most Active in Shoutbox: Albus Dumbledore, Saint_Michael, jlhaslip, plenotopic
Trapper of Year: KuBi
Most Improved: No decision
Sig of Year: hmm dont know
Profesor: Albus Dumbledore :blink:
Mad Scientist: Buffalo_HELP
Oprah/Dr. Phil Wannabe: Saint_Michael
Technology: Saint_Michael
Vent: jasperIk

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

I WANT TO BE OPRAH <3; anything I say will influence politics for 50 years afterwards, and my styles will be etched in eternity. Plus, I GET PEOPLE TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT FOR ME, although everyone on the Intarwebz nominates me for said position.

I WANT TO BE OPRAH <3; anything I say will influence politics for 50 years afterwards, and my styles will be etched in eternity. Plus, I GET PEOPLE TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT FOR ME, although everyone on the Intarwebz nominates me for said position.

You are allowed to nominate yourself. Just when you set up your submission put your name there but don't forget to nominate others for different categories.

Most Helpful Member: Plenoptic

Graphical Elite: Saint_Michael

Best Programmers: Spectre (not very active now, however), OpaQue, Rvalkass

Most Reported Posts: Plenoptic

Trapper of Year: BuffaloHELP

Welcome Commitee: Mich

Freebies: Lyon2

MVP: Jihaslip electriic ink

My votes.

My votes.

Thanks for your nominations. This year I might try a different way of voting so they tally themselves up but I'd have to make sure no one votes more than once so maybe the email thing will work. Everyone who has been nominated one time will be on the poll. I am still trying to decide whether Most Reported Posts should be taken out or just a vote out of the mods.

this is a slight bump as to get more people to nominate others and make it more interactive.

TeeCee, These are simply the Nominations. After this list is compiled, the voting will take place next month, so hang around and you should be knowledgable enough by then.

Most Helpful Member: Plenoptic, Albus StumbledorkComedian of the Year: ST Mikey
Graphical Elite: Mich, Avalon
Best Programmers: Shadowx, TrueFusion, Tsunami
Lives at Trap: Albus Stumbledork, Plenoptic
Trapper of Year: BH
Most Improved: Husker, the_aggie10
Sig of Year:
Profesor: Spectre, serverph
Oprah/Dr. Phil Wannabe: tuddy
Most Creative: Nigai

I've extended the voting period until this Saturday. Hopefully we can get some more nominations in there before then so we have more people in there. The Sig of the Year I might omit or have a few different categories and you can make or enter an old sig for each category for some prizes. The rest of this week will be easier for me so I should be able to look more into this.