xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keri-j

Should I Jump... pros and cons of t17.

I'm thinking about getting hosted on Xisto, there's one problem.... Posting!

The big question is could I be bothered/would I have the time to post consistently? I have school and loads of other SH*T going on in my life, also, i'm only 13... could I actually think of something to post?

I can only write HTML, and have basic understanding of javascript and css (i can just about recognise some php), so is it worth it? :) And to all the hosted members out there, surely the posting is at least a little inconvienient at times?

Any replies would be appriciated.

If keeping consistant activity in our forum is the question, perhaps you should try http://www.trap17.net/ hosting program by Xisto Corporation. This dot NET account will place one ad banner on top of every page. However, you do not require to post or pay anything to keep this free account.

It's an instant setup and functions very similar to Xisto dot COM account. There are few limitations but for your web hosting style/needs it is a perfect starting point.

I would, but I really hate advertisements. Seriously, you have no idea the degree to which I detest online ads. I HATE THEM!!! :)

Thanks for the advice though.

most everyone hates ad's that why we are here. If you spend about 30-45 minutes here posting good posts you can get a 20-30 credits easy. Most people send maybe a day at the most to build up credits and then don't come back until they run out of credits.

Well I started here at 14 and started posting and got the package easily. When I first joined I ended up building up 100 credits easily here because there is a lot of topics you can post in or create. I have found that at times I can go a few weeks without posting because I like you have school and other things to do but I right now have 215 credits so no matter what I'll be able to go away for long periods at a time and still be fine on credits... even 100 days and i'll still have 115 left. I have found that a few days spent can build up a lot of credits it's easier than just getting to 10 and keeping it there because something might come up so I go a bit farther.

I agree. You can build up credits quickly since the credits depend on the length and serious content in each post, not the number of posts you make. I have built up to 100+ just in case I need the time off. There is also another option if you can afford it. Check this Out.

Well, firstly, welcome to the Trap.Secondly: If you stay active, post, discuss, make friends, help, get well along, get help, post tutorials ($!!!) or anything else, you can be a valuable member.Also, watch out with the language. >_>Anyways if you install different software you can try just as a CMS or Forums or etc, you can get a good site.If you want to install SMF(Simple Machines Forums) you can do it via Fantastico or my Tutorial(Check last post in ProtoMan's post at the tutorial section, jhaslip and BH liked it! I am happy to know that.Well, after going that bit off-topic, I wish you luck.And I am most-likely the same as you, just recognise "some" JS, CSS and PHP, and I am a full-HTML writer...Later. (Join us!)

I'd say a good starting place to post is the "What Is..." forum. People there do have some interesting ideas and, let's face it, we all know something most other people don't. Unless we're under an oath of secrecy, I don't see why we can't share what we know.You can also post on the "Games" forum, if you play computer games just like almost every teenage boy out there.There really is no need to create new posts, you can always thrive on reacting to what other people say. As it is, it's much easier to join in a conversation than to start one, eh? :) Well, of course don't just react with what you feel but also with what you're thinking :)Best of luck with your forum postings/hosting credits

First of all welcome to the forum keri-jI do not think posting is a big issue for anyone even for a 13 year old such as yourself. Think of it this way. Use this forum as a platform to learn new things and gain more knowledge. I am 19, but to be honest with you, in the what is forum, I hardly know more than 20% of what is being spoken about there. The learning curve is always there, and we should not pass out on such a good chance to continue learning. There is no regulation that a member needs to have a certain level of web programming to be able to efficiently post here. I can tell you that every member is worth having on the forum, each person is unique with their input to the forums and I would be more than happy to read their opinions and comments.I started on 31 August 2006, and now I have 110+ credits to my username. You can simple take 1 day and spend 20 minutes, and you can easily get 7-10 credits. So you can just post once every week in order to keep that quota or if you want, you can try doing what I do. Visit the forum whenever I am free, post whenever I have something to say, and soon enough, you will have an incredible number of credits and it will fill up for any emergency you might have :)

Welcome to Trap 17. I have been a member here for over a year and a half and I can honestly say that I have never had a problem keeping the credits up. I use the computer for about and hour and a half each day and just post while I am doing my various bits of homework and web designing for people. It's not as difficult as it seems as each post can earn you one or two credits for a few lines, and if you write a tutorial or review occasionally then you can easily keep the credits up.

Welcome to Trap 17. I have been a member here for over a year and a half and I can honestly say that I have never had a problem keeping the credits up. I use the computer for about and hour and a half each day and just post while I am doing my various bits of homework and web designing for people. It's not as difficult as it seems as each post can earn you one or two credits for a few lines, and if you write a tutorial or review occasionally then you can easily keep the credits up.

Xisto is good for you if you need to make ur site in php! because there are a lot of hosts for none-php!!
but if you reaaly need to make a real website as php and with lots of feauture i really recommend Xisto toy you:D

well you have jumped! Oh noooo!!anyways, it looks like you have your hosting now, congrats, i have seen your website and it looks awesome, you have some excellent poetry on there. and it seems like you have taken a liking to posting recently and are committing to posting more because you like to help.

I dont have much time to do posting either, and I am not really good at making long posts, but somehow I can always manage to have somewhere in between 10 - 20 credits. Give it a try, its really worth it, you will never find a hosting as good as Trap 17's. And if you cant keep up with the posting save a copy of your data on your computer just in case.

awardspace.com offers a free no-ad solution. However, I had to switch here because awardspace's uptime was not nearly good enough for my needs. Also their mysql kept getting overloaded.So it depends what you need it for. If you want the extra features and great uptime then just post every now and then. If you decide you don't need that and you only want to run a test site for coding, use another free host or download xampp and run a server on your own computer.