xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
husker

Amish School Girls Killed

Even though Cerebral Stasis, mentioned this in another topic about a hostage situation, I thought this needed it's own topic. As you have probably heard, 5 Amish school girls have been shot by a milkman. This is pretty bad. The Amish people are very nice people that would never cause harm to anyone. I visted this area just this summer. The Amish were really nice and mainly just minded there ways. They were off on their own doing whatever they might be doing. What really surprised me was that the Amish forgive this milkman. I wish the world could be as forgiving as the Amish. They just accept it and move on. These are great people and I can't believe someone would do something like this.

Even though Cerebral Stasis, mentioned this in another topic about a hostage situation, I thought this needed it's own topic. As you have probably heard, 5 Amish school girls have been shot by a milkman. This is pretty bad. The Amish people are very nice people that would never cause harm to anyone. I visted this area just this summer. The Amish were really nice and mainly just minded there ways. They were off on their own doing whatever they might be doing. What really surprised me was that the Amish forgive this milkman. I wish the world could be as forgiving as the Amish. They just accept it and move on. These are great people and I can't believe someone would do something like this.

this isnt good.....do you know why the milkman shot them?thats pretty awesome that the amish people forgave the milman...

I have heard about this in the morning on the radio. I was really suprised to what happened, at first I though it was one of those stupid USA school shootings again, but this is different. People in a place that have done no wrong are being endangered for some weird reason. I heard that the shooter has something against young girls? Also I do agree it is quite nice of the to forgive. They keep by what they believe in even in such a bad time. I quite respect that.

This is starting to get scary almost. This is the third shooting at a school in one week. I think its amazing that the Amish can forgive a man who killed their innocent children. The world needs to be like more like that.

The world needs to be like more like that.

They think so, too.

A tragedy by any definition. Young people are the potential for our societies, and what we as citizens must protect.
My thoughts are with them this evening.

any idea what his grudge was ?, it must be a pretty bad one to be able to survive for 20 years and provoke such hideous acts agains innocent people and children, i believe the amish community came from netherland to escape from hostilities they faced there and are relatively peaceful and keep mostly to themselves, makes me wonder again what grudge would that person must be having against them

Yeah, it must have been really bad grudge to make someone do such a hideous act. I am strongly against any such belief or community that makes people do hate crimes. Moreover crimes against such peaceful people is totally unbearable.

Geez, why couldn't he have had a grudge against kids who smoke pot and carry guns? This guy needs to be put to death, yes, it may have been nice for the amish to forgive the man, but we live in a society that is sick, and those sick people must pay.It is said that we have no right to judge and kill people due to their crimes and sins, but without doing so, what would our world become? Consequences would not have the same impact and criminals would flourish. It is a shame that we can not have the faith and abilities and mentalities of that of the amish, but our world and society has progressed in such a way that it is impossible to become more like them. For those who criticize their lifestyle, they themselves are hypocrits.

Um, this was a tragedy and completly a shocker. No they didn't deserve it, but neither do any other students in school shootings. I think its really rude to sit there and talk about how there are other kids who deserved this more. Wow...great thinking, maybe instead you should talk about how NO student of any kind deserves to be shot. I see why people are taking this the way they are, because it was really shocking and unpredictible...but it just goes to show you, this kind of stuff can happen to anyone. It shouldnt have happened, ever...but it will probably continue, because that is just how screwed up the world is.

Having just met a couple from Lancaster, PA, on our trip to Seattle by train, this is a very shocking occurance hitting close to my heart. I am certain the couple knows the families affected by this horror. My only reaction is to send a prayer of healing and sympathy to those families.

I think its amazing that the Amish can forgive a man who killed their innocent children. The world needs to be like more like that.

I don't think so. What if everybody just started forgiving everyone for every crime ever? I could go out in the street and kill someone, but that's okay! Everyone forgives me. Criminals should be punished.

Geez, why couldn't he have had a grudge against kids who smoke pot and carry guns?

Smoking pot and carrying guns doesn't make someone a bad person. Driving while high and using guns to kill people does.

It is a shame that we can not have the faith and abilities and mentalities of that of the amish, but our world and society has progressed in such a way that it is impossible to become more like them. For those who criticize their lifestyle, they themselves are hypocrits.

Again, it's not always the best policy to forgive everyone. It's probably better that we don't have blind faith in a higher power. Note that I admire them for their ability to forgive something like that and to live how they do without so many technologies, I just don't think blind faith is a good thing.

I dont know what the person has against the Amish, but that is messed up and very shocking. The amish may have their traditional methods, but holding a grudge against their beliefs (whether if that may be the case or not) shouldnt be used as an excuse to go on rampage.