xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wacky_stu

Is 15 To Young To Start Drinking? Just wondering what effects getting drunk in the weekends has on my mi

Dude you need to STOP going to those parties with your friends. And stay away from alcohol until you're 21! You're breaking the law by getting drunk which practically makes you a criminal, and a rebellious one at that. And getting drunk is unhealthy at age 15. It's definitely having negative effects on your body. If lawmakers thought 15 was too young to start drinking, why do think they would set a law against it? Anyways STAY AWAY from smoking, alcohol, drugs, fornication, EVERYTHING.

Drinking with your friends is definately a fun activity. Im only 17 (18 this year). Ironically about a month ago I got a drinking ticket camping with some friends. Usually the police will tell you they don;t wanna see it, or worst they will take it. I have been drinking since 14-15 too. Now I drink with family aswell. I am responsible about it, but I do like to party aswell. I don't see anything wrong with it - with a 90 average in grade 12 - my grades havent dropped. I do it on weekends, whenever in the summer.Most I've drank...two week binge drinking (not to heavy) last summer. Couple buddies used to chill, relax. Listen to music and barbeque after we were all done work. Nothing wrong with that (maybe the two weeks was a bit much). I have tons of stories about some crazy drinking, but usually we just chill and have fun. I am going to tell you to be safe and relax. Try not to do anything stupid :D ?Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.? - Frank Sinatra?It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend, one's present or future thirst, the excellence of the wine, or any other reason.? - Latin Proverb?Responsible Drinking? Now that's an Oxymoron.? - Aaron Howard?Alcohol is the cause and the solution to many of life's problems.? - Dan Castellaneta

15 is a good age to start drinking ..

Is 15 To Young To Start Drinking?

I my self started to drink heavely when I was thirteen.. Like a big bottle of hot and sweet or like 8-9 beer`s when I was out.. But not too ofen..

When I was 14 I drank a litle more ..

But not too much..

But when I reached 15 I drank almost every week..

-reply by Jim Gold

I started drinking with I was 14 and I must say I did it excessively and it did fry my brain a little but overall I am still fine today. I think it's really up to each individual person to decide when they are ready to start drinking - but honesty, moderation is the key.Also make sure you know why you are drinking, if it's to be social and have some fun then sure but if it's to escape something else or run away from certain feelings then maybe you need to tackle those aspects of your life instead of covering them up with alcohol.

I cant even say fifteen is too young to drink..it insane!Or maybe its just me..but the way i hate beer is out of this world. I'm 19, and i have never tasted beer in my life.It slow down your mind and i think, if you're someone who is really ambitious and want to achieve something big then you should give it a break.At 15, you want to focus on your books and its very crucial to chill and take it easy because that's when you either make the cut or go down with the crowd. Strive to be different dawg, everyone is probably drinking booze around you but that do not mean its good.And i hear, in the morning after a hard night, you'll so hungover you feel like puking!

Initially there are reasons why minors are prohibitted to drink. There is level of maturity that comes with age and thats why minors are not allowed to drink. But either way there are long term effect when the person drink for a prolonged period. To me 15 years is too low of an age to start drinking.But then again, in Scotland the and other places drinking ages are very low so can't really say anything about it if you are from there.To me people should not drink, you put yourself at too much of a risk doing that. drink and drive. being addictive to drinking and other things.

I am 15 and I think I have an alcohol problem I drink vodka every friday and saturday and I like it becuzz vodka dusnt giv me and hangoverr or it dusnt makee me sick and I drink it every weekend and don't wont to stop I fink am starten to get a problem becuzz I sumtymss feel likee itt in thee week and cant wait till the weekend to gett drunkkk ! helpppppp!!

-reply by gina

Drinking at 15 ? Oh my God .. First of all i would say Drinking itself is not advisable. Drinking is a habit which is accepted in certain parts of the world as entertainment, and in some other parts of the world as crime, but the fact is that drinking is not advisable, as everyone is aware that it is highly injurious to heath. You are concerned about drinking at the age of 15 ? I would personally say not to drink even at the age of 50, let it be 15 or 50 , still drinking can cause serious damages to you health.Moreover drinking spoils your wealth too. Actually why do people drink ? I guess people drink for 2 reasons, one if they are upset the drink, other if they are extremely happy they drink. Lets consider the first case, suppose if some one is sad or upset or feeling bad, why is that he drinks ?? The answer is simple , just to forget the sadness he/she goes for a drink.But anyway is the state of sadness gonna be gone forever because of the drink ?? No , certainly No. So this is for everyone, Drinking is not a solution for your sadness or your state of upset. It just temporary solution. So do not drink when you are sad.If you see the second condition, i have seen many people drink if they are extremely happy too, a common example will be drinking in party. Like if some one is celebrating his/her birthday they go for a drink, so now my question is that dont you have any other meaningful way of celebration ? is drinking a way of celebration ?? No No No. So why to drink when you are happy ? Dont do that ..Finally Drinking spoils your health, wealth , state of mind, etc. etc. So Why to practice such an useless habit, to those who drink my kind advice is Stop it , to those who dont drink, my kind request is to continue it .....

Alcoholic beverages aren't always used for supressing feeling or "partying". I don't see any problem with drinking as long as it's done in moderation. There is nothing wrong with a glass or wine three times a week or cold beer after a long day.

Some people drink for the sake of the taste. In fact, it has some health benefits. For example, red wine with it's high ratio of antioxidants is considered good for your hearth health. Actually, if I'm not mistaken alcohol in general has some benefits like increasing good cholestrol etc.

That being said, drinking at 15 isn't appropriate at all. Whether you drink cause you enjoy it or just want to get drunk. Drinking enough alcohol to get drunk puts a lot of pressure into the body. It would lead to serious health problems in future if it becomes a habit.

I say keep getting drunk if you aren't that attached to your brain or your liver. :)

hmm... well i think it's kinda dangerous for you to be drinking at 15.. i guess it really depends on where you live though? Cause in the US the age limit is 21 but i know that in some places in Europe its much much lower. Kids even used to drink wine at the table. Anyway, the reason it could possibly be dangerous is because a ) you might drink too much, and because you're young, i think there's a greater risk of getting alcohol poisoning... b ) make sure that you're around people you are comfortable/safe with because you dont want to be taken advantage of.. especially at parties with a bunch of strangers. You are still developing, so I would lay off the alcohol at least until college... but thats my opinion.

Some of my friends go to bars. They are around the same age as me - around 15.Some of the effects they experienced are:Vomitting - both due to taste and stomach upsetDiscoordinationAlso around a few seconds of black-out. Not sure why but interested in knowing.

15 is ridiculous,man!You have to start drinking when you are a bit mature and know where your life is headed for real.Concentrate on the more important things in life right now.

i started drinkin wen i was 10 im now 19 n its became a seruise problem i wish now i cud turn back time n neva touch the beer the effects its had on me as a person is noticeable its damaged my brain and my physical apperance i wudnt advice drinkin till ur bodys redy younge peaple who drink r still grownin n changein.The effects beer as on a young persons (still developing body) is big and seruise jus if a new then wat a no now hey lol . so yh a wud say drinkin at 15 is young age to start just be sure you no wat ya gerrin yasen in 4.