xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wacky_stu

Is 15 To Young To Start Drinking? Just wondering what effects getting drunk in the weekends has on my mi

To young to drink? lol?? um you shouldn't have to start drinking ever in the first place if you ask me... 1. Its bad for you... 2. It's not like it makes you cool. 3. It doesn't taste better than any other soda...

I don't see why people have to "smoke" "drink" "have sex" at such an early age. It's not like you'll miss out on all of these 5 or so years later. Waiting only makes the rewards taste sweeter than when you have it early. I personally am against drinking at all. (Can't say I'll still agree if for whatever reason I decide to take up drinking though...) It doesn't help me at all, all it does is waste money. It doesn't taste good. And drinking it will only hurt me more than it will help me. Sure, it might help me fall asleep faster (psh) or forget my troubles, but it seems kinda redundant to me.

Hmm, well, I don't see why it is to young to start drinking. But if you are getting drunk every weekend and stuff, I don't think that is right either. I am 16, I drink, I have sex, I smoke. I'm not saying that to brag or anything. But I do them all for reasons. I drink because I love the taste of certain drinks, I never drink to get pissed anymore. I did that a few times, and there is very little point. I still partake in the occasional drinking contest, but really, nothing regular.I guess like all things, it is a case of moderation, too much alcohol is very bad for you. I avoid drinking a lot on week nights, and maybe drink more on weekends, but even then I will only drink about 5 Shots of Jack Daniels, and about 3-4 beers. Don't use this a guide as it all differs from person to person. But after that, I can still do most things to a suitable level. For example, I can still walk, talk properly. I wouldn't drink to get drunk at any age. But if you are drinking with friends, and because you like the taste, then there really isn't a problem at 15. Personally I think the law fro drinking should be lowered to 16. I think it most absurd that you can go and die for your country at 16, and not stroll into a pub and get a beer.

im from wisconsin and here people start drink really young, we have a law here in wisconsin that the day you are born you are legally allowed to drink in the bars if you are accompianed by your parents.....and 15 is not too young as long as your not being totally stupid about it

Wow thanks guys thats a question i been asking myself for a few months now im glade somone could answer it for me well anyway hope you all ahve a nice day....

Notice from jlhaslip:
Member using a sign-off instead of a sig. Not allowed.Verbal warning by way of PM. If you notice another occurence after this date, please issue a warning.

Without reading most of the thread, I believe its too young, but if ya do you do it at your own risk. Thats why theres a age limit in many countries deciding the age when a person can legally purchase and drink alcohol.I understand there are effects from drinking too much, but i'm pretty sure its covered by previous posts here and in promotional material at schools, etc.

Hey,I actuallly started drinking socially when I was 13. Do not get freaked out, Socially I mean my dad. I asked him one day for his beer and he agreed. Still I do not drink with anyone else except my dad or my boyfriend.I think my dad was right in letting me drink with him for it kept me in control adn the only time I would drink was withhim.Anyway back to the topic, I do not think that 15 is too young to drink UNLESS you are doing it illogically like just to numb yourself or to look cool. Keep a level minded head on your shoulders and then decide to drink. But I think if you are starting to drink you should let a parent/Guardian know as it benefits you only in the end. If you are in trouble they know you better and can help. Besides then it prevents all heart resking and all. Nobody can stop you from drinking but yourself

I convinced myself that drinking and/or smoking is disgusting since I've lived in a place where slot machines are in every store and there's always someone at the far end, downing a beer or three, cigarette in hand.When I'm not in school and I see or hear about someone going out to drink or smoke or do drugs, I just want to go over and scold them myself. I think it's plain to see what the long-term affects are regarding either, and anyone who is willing to take the risk for the pure reason of enjoying a drink or a cigarette or whatever is an idiot. And at such an early age like 15... You're pretty much setting yourself up with a reason for you to die before you can even reach old age. Drinking negatively affects a person's body. And when you're only in your teens, it does even more. I don't see why you would want to drink in the first place, but honestly, I think that, since it's easier to quit at an early age, you should stop before you get addicted and everything gets out of hand.

I think 15 is way to young to start drinking even thou at that age that is when kids start to be in highschool or middle school that is when they start to feel peer pressure. When someone starts drinking at the age of 15 they are drawing a path to be a heavy drinker when they get older. I have seen this before i had a friend who drank at a party once and then after that he was drinking hardcore ever since then. Now he is on his own at the age of 18 with no good job and he still blows his money off on alcohol if he just did not take that drink when he was younger his future might have been different. I am happy i did not take that drink when i was younger.

Studies show that drinking causes the stunting of growth. It is bad for your development. You really should not start untill after you are about twenty four, the average age of when puberty is completly over.

Studies show that drinking causes the stunting of growth. It is bad for your development. You really should not start untill after you are about twenty four, the average age of when puberty is completly over.

Even that i don't obey this i completely agree with it. Alcohol is really a great problem for young people. It messes you up totally, and can drive you in BAD directions you don't want to go in life. Also it lowers your intelligence, and couses serious concentration problems. you may drink, but be sure that your gonna face the consequences. Learn to have fun, and to be fun without alcohol, and show others that it is possible. Alcohol only makes you an illusion that you feel good, while at the same time your body weakens, your mind is clouded with bad judgment, and you sure can get into trouble much easier than you think.

Well I would say it is I think that you higher brain functions have been developed so I think that it wouldn't effect you brain development however I don't drink I just consider it unneccessery I can be funny without it I can joke I can dance everything for what most people need alchocol. Also I would like to point out that alcochol is affecting you judgement seriously and the only thing when most of my friend are drinking is to get brave enough to approach certain girl. Well this is my 2 cents.