xisto Community
da96

What Messenger/email Service Do You Use?

I actually use both Gmail and Hotmail, but the Hotmail account I only use because there's certain things that get sent there, that I don't really feel like changing my address for, and I don't want to forward everything, as it does get a lot of spam at this point.I have two gmail accounts -- one for professional stuff, one for the everyday.As for messengers, I prefer AIM, but I use Trillian, which combines MSN, AIM, and Yahoo! into one, and I do have contacts for each, so it's useful. Just kind of buggy at times.

For my email needs, I use Gmail. Its a great free service, that gives you a lot of space for emails, and it has some nice features that come with it such as the chat embedded into the email site, 2.7k MB of space, and tons of more nice features.For Instant messaging, I user MSN Messenger. AIM needs some work, personally I don't like AIM, It has too many popups IMO, and lookwise is ugly :)

I use the typical free email accounts that are very generous in size. I have a MSN account, that is also my MSN messanger just for connacting my friends. It is very useful because it logs into my MSN on start up and shows me a window that tells me if I have any new emails, updates, or other things that should be told to me. The disadvantages is that there is only 250 MB space on the mail storage. Another mail I mostly use for most of my emailing is YahooMail. I have 5 email accounts with it and it has a space of 1 GB. I think it is pretty good a free mailing service. Another email account I have is for google that's also known as gmail. I use that email for my webpage submission. The downfall is you have to be invited to have a gmail account, but I was invited my brother. It has a nice amount of 2771 MB. Finally, but not least, is the Xisto mail accounts where you may have unlimited amounts of accounts, and the space is relied on your disk space. All of these services are great and helpful for others and myself, thank you for them.

Wawwwwwww, i am using both yahoo!mail and gmail, but i rarely using yahoo mail. I used it only for messenger. And gmail for my business.Comparing gmail and yahoo!mail, i prefer gmail, its most perfect!I love it, using ajax technology, so if we open email only less delay!!!:)

I've already used many emai services and messenger as well...Initially I used to use ICQ however MSN came with betters options and sudenly everyone here in Brazil, started to use it and ICQ has been forgotten since that time O.o...I'm still using MSN and no other... Have already tried Yahoo! Messenger, Trillian... Jab... About e-mail... In the past I used to use many many e-mails however it started to bother me and then when gmail arrived I got a invitation fast and I've using it for a long long time now... I don't intend to change it never more...One webmail that I really enjoyed it https://www.fastmail.com/login/?domain=fastmail.fm as it has some options that is hard to find for free...

I went with gmail when the hype began. Nice inbox size, and it's brilliant if all you want is a good email service. However, I switched back to hotmail simply because of it's MSN compatibility. MSN is still the best instant messenger, IMO. Highly doubt I'll be using whatever gmail is gonna come up with. MSN has climbed so high above the other clients that I believe it won't go down without a fight
Anyhoo, what does everyone else use? Hotmail? Yahoo? Gmail? ISP email? Or what IM client? MSN? AIM? Waiting for gmail messenger? Post away.

Hmmm i use msn, gmail and i host my own e-mail server to, to host is good fun but can be a pain if your net connection goes down as i need a constant connection to the internet and sometimes i dont get it :)

I'm using the hotmail system, with our new pc it was quite hard, because windows xp made it possible for several accounts on 1 pc, but each user used outlook express, and the mails were stored in the account that was loged on, so mails got lost etc, (now i know you can have more mailing accounts) it took some time to change all my internet accounts on my new email adress, but now the problem's are solved,i also used AIM messenger, but I forgot if it had a mailing system too.

Mostly everone I know (actually everyone) uses AIM (AOL Instant Messenger. Yahoo! Messenger isn't popular at all around here and most of my friends would be lucky to have ever heard of MSN Messenger. I use SBC Yahoo! Mail (AT&T now) because that's my ISP, but its basically just Yahoo! Mail.

I am using Hotmail, because i am using msn messenger. That was a BIG stupid misstake i did. I got so much junk mails on my hotmail adress, that it would be better to have my hotmailadress just for msn, and another email for my mails. :lol: /Krille

I started with an MSN account back when I didn't know of the existence of Yahoo! Messenger. I used it for IM's but I mostly recieved my emails on Excite.When I discovered Yahoo! Messenger, I switched to it, especially when I needed it, back then, when Yahoo! groups were (and probably still are) the most common way to do something as a group (share pics and files, mail, collaborate, etc)I got myself a Google account when all the hype came up, although I never fully appreciated it.I'm sticking with Yahoo! especially now that it can send and recieve IM's from MSN. The only objectionable part, probably, is the buzz button. Sure, it's really useful for getting your partner's attention when you have a question that really needs answering. In the hands of noobs and unethical mannerless idiots, however, it can be grating on your nerves.Oh, yeah, audibles too. :lol:

Personally, i have use Yahoo messenger and Gtalk - The Google messenger. Out of these two , i would vote for Yahoo messenger. Here is what i make of these two ..

Yahoo:

First of all, i would simply love yahoo messenger for its plethora of services... You can send/recieve files, chat , voice chat, video confernece , audio conference with Yahoo messenger.. Recently ,they have also introduced plugins to add new features to your messenger. You can access terrific services like Yahoo Launchcast Radio, Yahoo Answers , and Yahoo 360 ..

Let me tell you two main reasons i use Yahoo messenger..

1)It has a stealth mode option, which allows you to choose,who all you want to be invisible to, and who all you need to be visible.. To be more clear,.. you can appear to be online to some people , say your friends, and be in invisible mode to other people ,say your Boss..

2) Confereces... These conferences make life lot easier to me.. Instead of just arguing the same thing with my different friends in different chat sessions, it is so simple for me to put all of them together in a conference session and discuss any issues..

GTalk:

To start with GTalk, it is a 'neat' and 'Light' messenger.. It does not have a wide range of options like Yahoo.. But it does offer the best of what it does .. You can voice chat in Gtalk too,, But no conferences and no stealth modes. These are my main concerns about GTalk.. I also have to mention that GTalk's file transfer scheme does not seem to be as good as Yahoo messenger's (Atleast in my case). All your chat history gets automatically saved in your Gmail . So thats something useful to have. And one big advantage of GTalk for me is ,it is the only messenger that my school does not block !!!!

Trillian

Apart from these two, i have also tried Trillian. It is a messenger that allows you to access Yahoo ,MSN,AIM etc.. So ,you can call it a 4 in 1 messenger.. You can also log in to multiple accounts of the same provider at any given point of time.. Ideal for people who have many IM accounts to deal with..

In my opinion Yahoo, would be the best messenger ... GTalk needs some more features to go with it before it competes with Yahoo . I have not used MSN messenger yet.. I'll give it a try..

I use MSN, simply because it's fast, completely free (yaaay!), and has a massive network, with more people connected to it than anyone else. It offers alot of support, and an easy to use interface. Mostly though, it is because you can simply get into contact with so many more people than any other servers, and because all of my friends and contacts use MSN.

I mostly use MSN messanger becuase i feel it is the best for chatting. It has a lot of great options and there is so much more things you can do compared to the other chatting services. There is so much stuff you can customize like the backround and it has sounds and it keeps getting better and better with each new release. Now for email i use to use hotmail. But now i use Gmail. I find it a lot better. There is tons of space. Very easy to use. Now they even have there own talking service which is really cool. But still not as good as msn in my opion.