xisto Community
da96

What Messenger/email Service Do You Use?

I like the Gmail mail service, infact I am using the Google hosted service for my domain email service. I like Yahoo messenger.. i like those cool smilies.. they really can express what you want to potray! :lol:

i use aim messanger and for my main email. I also use yahoo messanger but not really for my email. i like aim because it has a pretty nice size for emails. and the messanger i think it is great. yahoo has a nice messanger too but i dont know that many people who have it. so i prefer aim over yahoo.

I used to use Yahoo! for my emails, but I soon switched over to MSN, because I've been using MSN for instant messaging and I found it more convienient to have your email adress and MSN name the same.Nowadays I'm using MSN Live Mail for Emails, and either MSN Messenger 7.0 with Messenger Plus!, or Windows Live Messenger Plus! for Instant Messaging, dependant on what computer I use (XP or 98).

I use yahoo mail and yahoo messenger, i actuaaly have no idea why i chose either one of these, my friends just had yahoo messenger and i just went along with the flow

I stick with Hotmail. I've got a few sites, so I love the high storage capacity - I've got something like 1500 unread emails and I've only used near to 18% of my inbox! I was tempted to try out the mail beta thing but not completely sure. Has anyone got any experience with it?

I use Google Mail as email client, together win GAIM (The windows version) as Instant Messaging program, because it's very fast, clean and supports various protocols so you don't need seperate applications to run multiple instant messaging clients (seeing GAIM is much more lightweight than Microsoft Messenger, running MSN with other IM's together would be a horror). There isn't any best combination, hotmail is full of junk while gmail is very fast, however hotmail has mroe functions with MSN messenger etc....

Edited by Florisjuh (see edit history)

I use Trillian. The reason i like it so much is that you can use all the other messenger services on it. It incorporates all the others so you do not have to have all of them open.....one program running. The downside of it is that you cannot use video conferincing features like you can on all the others. If Trillian would come out with this i would consider it as the greatest messenger service out thee.

i use MSN (or windows live)..i tried yahoo.. but sometimes i can't add new users to my buddy list and its irritating.. whats the point if i can't add friends?google talk is nice but sometimes it gives connection problems..

I love Gmail. Its the best email type thing you can have, altho they are really overloading the service with extra optional features like google chat. google chat is no where near as good as AIM, MSN, Yahoo, or whatever else you end up using. The only bad thing about Gmail i suppose is the fact that you need an invite to open up an account.

I use hotmail mainly because everyone else used it... and I use MSN messenger although I have every type of messenger just in case my friend doesn't have MSN messenger. I don't use my email for any really important things. For resumes and formal stuff I use my ISP's email since it's more authentic and impossible to be compromised (since you can always get it back by contacting in person your ISP in the case where it's hacked)

I have a hotmail, yahoo and gmail account.My hotmail account was created first, back then I was still using ICQ so i didn't really have any use with hotmail, so I switched to yahoo because the offered a bigger inbox.Then MSN messenger came out and since then I've been using that. But I still use my yahoo account mainly for emails.When gmail was launched, my friend had an invitation so he gave me one and I just craeted it and left it there just for show. :lol:

i used to use yahoo for a while at first, then i switched over to hotmail, this storage space was small but there was this bug or something that let you increase the size to 25 or 250mb, not sure, i forgot but mine is still 25mb. when gmail started, i got an invite from a friend and signed up, the 2gb storage was nice, but i didn't quite like the look n feel of it, and to me it also lacked some basic options..either that or i just never came across them [yet again, due to the interface]... things like blocking mails from certain addresses, junk mail filters and such. i'm still using hotmail now because of preference, and also becaus of the MSN IM compatibility, i agree, msn is still the best Instant messenger out there.