xisto Community
da96

What Messenger/email Service Do You Use?

I use Windows Live Messenger as my IM Client. And I prefer Hotmail over Gmail, because of the "integration" with each others. (Toast Notification on new email, X Undread Emails etc.)

I have GMAIL too, but only use that for SMTP/POP Mail :XD: Besides it's good for mails, but no one I know would THINK of using Google Talk.

I went with gmail when the hype began. Nice inbox size, and it's brilliant if all you want is a good email service. However, I switched back to hotmail simply because of it's MSN compatibility. MSN is still the best instant messenger, IMO. Highly doubt I'll be using whatever gmail is gonna come up with. MSN has climbed so high above the other clients that I believe it won't go down without a fight
Anyhoo, what does everyone else use? Hotmail? Yahoo? Gmail? ISP email? Or what IM client? MSN? AIM? Waiting for gmail messenger? Post away.

Umm i use alot messagers LOL but i mostly use msn and aim :XD: they own

Gmail is the primary email I use. I configured it so I can receive mails in my Mozilla Thunderbird, and Outlook. I also I have another less known POP3 Account for Personal Friends and Families.

Edited by birudagmawi (see edit history)

Well I use Windows Live Messneger and Windows Live Mail as my email. The time when i started using internet, hotmail was the one that was widely used and most of my friends here were using it. I obviously had to use it to be on the same medium. I tried using gmail and yahoo email beta and no offense they are better but hotmail has made it's market here though yahoo messenger is widely used for voice chat but I doubt in my country there wont be many who would be without a Hotmail/Msn messenger account here actively using it.

Well i personally use MSN/AIM, ive tried Skype/YIM/ICQ but yea, didnt work out to well, MSN/AIM are easier to use, and if you got a lot of RL Friends its best to use, ive had my AIM/MSN Account since i was like 7 and im 16 now!

Years ago, When I turned 6 years old, I used AIM. I still use it today. I use Yahoo, MSN, AIM, and ICQ.The messenger program I use is Trillian, So I can use them all together. My favorite is AIM, The software is awesome :P (I use the one from 2004)I love the 2004 version and to me, It atleast ties with messenger besides the newer look and some other features.The thing about AIM, Is that V. 4 - (I think 11s out) you can connect to their servers, So Pick your fave-e version and you're good to go. Like that one in 2002? No Prob with AIM. However, Although I like MSN (not the new live crap messenger) just as much, You cannot use your fave-e (:P) version as for it will not connect (Like the old MSN avalible a year or two again) which is totally dumb...So I like them all (well honestly thro trillian, I don't want to even try Yahoo and ICQ messenger) And I really like AIM the most and MSN in tie in conclusionLaters ^_^P.S.I've been using AIM for 6-7 years, MSN for year, and Yahoo and ICQ for about 1-2 months.AND AS FOR E-MAIL. Hotmail and Gmail.. Hotmail 96% of the time.Personal is Optimum, But I check that 0-3 times a month?I don't bother with Yahoo again

Edited by PCessna (see edit history)

I use Windows Live Messenger with Messenger Plus Live I think it's called. I actually found messenger plus live on this site. I think with that add-on it has to be the best messenger in terms of features, not only because of its own, but it lets you create your own add-ons as well as a selection of thousands of others. I can't say it's the best because i haven't used another kind of messenger.The email service i use is Yahoo. Just because I choose an email service at random, and I'm still using my first ever email address that I made. I don't use hotmail, I think yahoo is a lot better. I have gmail account but I prefer yahoo still.

I mostly use my gmail account, I also have a University account as well because I go to school in Arizona. I only use these two accounts. I love gmail though its really awesome and I like the spawm catcher because it seems like no matter what u try to avid u will always have some type of spam sent to you.

I use GTalk a lot for Instant messaging, previously I was using Yahoo! Messenger and Live Messenger.Now I use Pidgin to use all the IM services from a single client ^_^

hey delvi whats this pidgin? i would like to use it too. i have contacts all over on yahoo,live google, aim and icqopening new program for all is not possible.

I went with gmail when the hype began. Nice inbox size, and it's brilliant if all you want is a good email service. However, I switched back to hotmail simply because of it's MSN compatibility. MSN is still the best instant messenger, IMO. Highly doubt I'll be using whatever gmail is gonna come up with. MSN has climbed so high above the other clients that I believe it won't go down without a fight
Anyhoo, what does everyone else use? Hotmail? Yahoo? Gmail? ISP email? Or what IM client? MSN? AIM? Waiting for gmail messenger? Post away.

I use WLM/Hotmail/MSN

I was just looking through this thread, and I noticed a post I made 18 months ago, where I pretty much claimed I use MSN for everything. God, how time changes. I can't stand Hotmail anymore!I use GMail for my E-mail now, and I'm never switching. I'm still using Windows Live Messenger Plus! for Instant Messaging though, but that's because all my friends use it. If they didn't, I'd move to Google Talk in a jiffy.

Edited by gameratheart (see edit history)