xisto Community
da96

What Messenger/email Service Do You Use?

I went with gmail when the hype began. Nice inbox size, and it's brilliant if all you want is a good email service. However, I switched back to hotmail simply because of it's MSN compatibility. MSN is still the best instant messenger, IMO. Highly doubt I'll be using whatever gmail is gonna come up with. MSN has climbed so high above the other clients that I believe it won't go down without a fight
Anyhoo, what does everyone else use? Hotmail? Yahoo? Gmail? ISP email? Or what IM client? MSN? AIM? Waiting for gmail messenger? Post away.

I use my ISP, comcast for mail. I usually use MSN or Yahoo for IM'ing

I use GMAIL from its beginning and I still think it is by far the best email - service out there. Its SPAM blocker is incredible and even using your ISP's own mail service will never give you so much spam protection. This combined with 20mb filesize limit, antivirus scanner, 6gb of space, great label feature, speed and many other thing just gives you no room to think about other options - simply it just works.As for the messenger service I use MSN Messenger and more and more also GMAIL TALK, which has a great potential and if they are planning to develop it, it is bound to become as great as gmail. For now MSN is the most widely used in my country so I use it to communicate directly with friends. I think that it is healthy that there are a few big companies that compete with each other for the number one spot in these online services since that makes services constatnyl improve - which in turn makes us-users happy!

I use Trillian as my messaging service, even though I just don't really do it anymore... I use it for Yahoo, MSN, and my old AOL account. I used to use it all of the time when I was in college, but now that I am at home, I just don't really feel like sitting around and waiting for a response. I used to use it in the background, but then once I would finish with what I was working on, I would just sit and type away...I use Gmail as my main email account, but I have friends that keep sending me stuff through Yahoo and Hotmail... So I guess I use all three... If I just need to sign up to something to get quick info, I just use my hotmail as a junk email collector! It doesn't absorb so much junk like it used to, so I can just surf and sign up anywhere anytime now!- skedad -

ive always used msn messengernever changed.. practically the best one out there.. alot of people try to do stuff with facebook , and myspace messenger.. starting to get annoying.notice australia use msn.. and america uses yahoo.. well thats the majority.. i remember when Mirc was really popular.. but serious.. definately msn

I prefer Windows Live Messenger. It has a nice interface and there is much you can do with it to customize it and make it your own. It is really nice because it is hooked up to your email account as well and notifies you when you sign in how many emails you have that are new and also if you are signed on and receive a message it will notify you and even display who it is from. I also have AIM only because most of my friends use it and they do not use Windows Live but I do not really like the interface and do not use the email. I guess it was mostly because I chose MSN first being the true reason.

I use yahoo for email and messenger for the fact that I help run a gaming league at yahoo games and only yahoo messenger is set up for that when you enter the game room it helps when all the names of the people in the league are right there in blue instead of having to hunt for them, other than that I would love to try anothermessenger service. yim has its problems and there are to many viruses going around if you dont set your preferences right you can get them easily.

I think the sudden increase in the amount of people using MSN again is because everyone has higher internet speeds now, Hotmail has so man features compared to others. I don't ever use my ISP's email.I think if Gmail started adding rich features then it would seriously rival Hotmail, but because Hotmail is virtually unchallenged with all of its top of the range features.I use MSN messenger, I don't really care about what one I use, as long as I can send and receive :lol:.

I was using yahoo as my mail client for a very long time.....till gmail came up. I read about gmail and thought it looked promising so i asked my friend to send me an invite (at that time u needed invites from an existing gmail user to sign up). I fell in love with gmail the moment i logged into my account. It was amazing...the space, the colours, features and everything else.And I use Yahoo messenger for the sole reason that all my friends also use only yahoo....

I used to use hotmail when Outlook Express can check hotmail mails. But one day it couldn't check for mails because microsoft stopped this service. So I have looked for new mail provider which can work with Outlook Express. And I found the best Gmail.com . I am checking my emails easily and fast like immediately. Outlook Express is working minimized and looking for new mail for every 5 minutes. By the way I am using Msn Live Messenger for instant messenger.Msn & Outlook working at the same time :lol:

I use MSN, and Aim. I find it funny how those 2 are so nationally seperated because most of my friends on MSN are canadian and many of my friend's on AIM are american. I guess it makes sense since AIM is hosted by AOL, which is american.

I use Gmail for email, Adium (MSN client for mac) for instant messaging... and if I had friends on it I would be using skype too.I use Eudora for checking emails and such.

I use gmail for email, and for instant messangers I use the best. Trillian!Trillian has aim, msn, yahoo, icq, etc. all in one, and it's fully skinnable. I personally use it for msn, aim, and yahoo, because I run a gaming clan and have to be able to keep in touch with a multitude of players and it allows them to keep using the instant messanger they like the most, rather than having to swap over to mine.Also, it keeps everything much smoother and nicer looking, along with being smaller and easier on resources than the other instant messanger clients. Msn is like 18 mb's or so I think it was, though I could be wrong. Trillian is 7.68 mb's and includes ALL of the IM's.