xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

Crocodile Hunter Dead!

I'm sure this is the way he'd have wanted to go. Atleast he died doing something he loved. So it won't be in vein.Myself, after seeing him walk his little baby up to a croc....I just couldn't watch his show. I know it's a "learning experience" as he puts it, but that's horrible to do to a child. I know someone will eventually say "Well, if he didn't know it was going to be safe, he wouldn't have done it", well, he DIDN'T know it was going to be safe. I'm sure he thought he'd be fine with the ray, but obviously not.I don't mean to be harsh, just honest.I hope his family finds a way to cope, he'll be missed by everyone that's for sure.

He was a bit crazy but a good man, It really made me sad to hear this. I got struck by a stingray on may and all I can say is that it is the worst pain I have ever felt. I got lots of shots in my foot, altogether with the antidote and lots of drugs that were supposed to relieve the pain but it was like 2 hours of the worst pain. The doctor said that some people who dont get treated in time can get paralized. Luckily my uncles knew how to quickly respond to stop the bleeding and rush me to a hospital. Anyways back to the Crocodile hunter, I hope and wish the best for his family and I bet that he will definetely be missed, he did a lot of good things. May he Rest In Peace.

Although there was often controversy on the news media about certain "stunts" he has pulled that putsome risk (It may have been risky, but he says it never was) to others... but lets hold that off for now.I feel sorry for his children and wife. I have seen a few of his shows, and he was certainly passionateabout what he did. And he has taught many of the younger people in this generation valuable informationabout animals and such. If he could see what we are saying, Thank you Mr. Irwin.

Man...Ill miss him. I always used to watch his programs on TV, they were always cool :D . On the news it had this interview with an employee at the Sydney Aquarium. He said that Stringrays may now be victimised like sharks were when Jaws came out.Hope that doesnt happen.Rest In Peice Steve

Yeah I heard about this, kinda weird. I always looked Discovery with friends if they were sleeping over or something and it was late, and always asked ourself what was going thru this mans mind? hahah Crazy, but he was cool.

I just heard on the radio that some of the Australian people want a "State Funeral" for him in order to recognize his efforts at bringing Ecology and Nature into the forefront of people's thinking. Might this lead to an International recognition?

I used to be a fan of that guy and used to watch his shows over Discovery Channel and National Geographic channel.Never in my wildest dreams i thought that he would pass away in such a way.He wont only be missed as a great australian Avalon as a great Human Being who taught all of us how to love and respect animals even though they are dangerous.

I have always seen his shows on televsion and it really takes a lot of courage for one to always be at risk in his working life, this was something he loved to do and I am sure he was happy doing it knowing the risks that came with it. This was an unfortunate incident and I hope the family will stay strong and remember there was once this wonderful brave man who amazed everyone with his actions with animals in the wild.

I was really shocked when I heard Steve Irwin died. For some reason when somebody who's famous or is well-known, it's like a huge suprise to me when they die, even though everyone has their time. I know a lot of people thought he was nuts, but he enjoyed what he did, took passion and pride in it, and died what he loved doing best, and that's what is important. But what I don't get is how everybody is saying that he went peacefully. Imagine a nail being spiked into your heart, poking a hole in it, and blood pouring out into your lungs (sorry to be gruesome!) I don't call that peacefully, that would hurt like hell. But at least he was enjoying himself before that happened. R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter!

Edited by brandon10092 (see edit history)

He was a good man. Very Hypo all of the time. MUstve liked his red cordial and yeah they are thinking bout a state funeral for him. I'm in NSW and i know how big his park was as i went there bout 3yrs ago and i even talked to him and asked him some questions but he is a big inspiration to young people who like that kind of thing and he will be sorely missed.

yippie! is my opninion...
the guy was an idiot... no offense to the people who liked him, but he was a straight up idiot, i mean he took his kid within 5-6 feet of a alligator or crocadile, whichever one it was....

He may do such an eccentric thing to gain attention. Everyone has a bit of eccentricity in themselves. Though... :D Like Kryptonite said, at least show some respect. First of all, we hardly even knew the guy. It's not like we know him well enough to judge him by his actions. Another thing is that he contributed quite a lot to this world. Even geniuses of the old times were thought of as being insane, mad, crazy... and many other possible synonyms. Besides, he knows his field pretty well. He's been doing this for years. It's like he's saying... he's close to those crocodiles like he is to his baby or something. Again, we cannot judge people... no matter how much they stray from our social norms. Moreover he's dead. He can't justify his actions now, so at least show some respect to a person who can never reply back.

Back on topic. I know how much he has passion for his work. It's such a tragedy that he had to be killed in such a way. :/ It's going to be really tough for his family. Then again, he knows that one day he just might not come back alive from one of his trips. It's a risk he knows very well. The passion for his work keeps going... ignoring even the huge risk of injury and death. I admire people like that. I probably won't go as far as to risk my life on the line everytime I do my job. Others might think it's silly to do something like that, but I really admire people who go beyond the normal trend of thought. There's something... striking about them. Risking your life on the line to show people about how wonderful animals are... It's something that not everyone can handle. I admire him for that. RIP Steve Irwin.

RIP Steve, even though as an Australian, wasnt a fan of his antics on TV and was embarrased the questions that some americans stereo-typed us as (no-offense to americans in general) Some of them thought we all spoke like that.But focusing on his positives, He did donate money to and was a active animal conservationist. He was also a good family man, and when he walked down the street and/or went out to surf, this being said since I live nearby his local area, he was a good person to talk to.

It is such a horible accident. Who would have thought the man would die doing the thing he loved. A little while ago a rumour was circulating saying he was dead but this is no joke. I'm not in Australia but I don't know how you guys are coping. :D