xisto Community
cgrim29588

Computer Addiction

How much time do you spend each they on computer and why? Are you computer addicted?Those who spend a lot of time what thing do you do on computer and what opinion have your relatives and friends about your computer addiction?I spend a lot of hours each day on computer, but only because I have nothing else to do. (holidays). In fact, I spend so much time that I don't know what else I can do on computer. Internet and computer games bacame borring and I already saw almost all good movies. :D

I am in a way , addicted to computers 24x7 .... I spend most of my time listening to music., sometime play games, etc.,, What do my relatives think about it ??? Nothing ,seriously...I dont think they should have any opinion regarding my ativities in the first place. And my friends too dont say anything regarding it .. Because they too are computer addicts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, even I am a computer addict, I spend almost all of my time on computers and my mother gets really frustrated by my addiction to computers. But 50% of the time I spend online is spent in chatting with friends.Sometimes I cannot concentrate on my studies and guess what it is 12:32 AM here and I will be having my exams in like 7 hours and I haven't actually studied anything, I think I must spend sometime studying as I am not that good at Science II (Chemistry) and Marathi (Regional Language).

I use the computer a lot of the time in the day because there is no one really my age in my neighborhood to hang out with or anything. I intend on programming for a living anyway on the side of running a business. I think that I probably do spend too much time on the computer but I plan to change that. It isn't effecting my physical condition so I'm not too worried about it for the time being. Between school and homework I don't have time to do any extra curicular activities let alone transportation. I'll probably start to use it less once I find a new job.

My mom is all over me for computer time. I get 1 hour on weekdays and 1 and a half on weekends. My friend was on like 8 hours a day during the summer. It makes me mad sometimes.

I've been spending a lot more time doing homework and general off-my-computer activity since school started, but I've felt a little more revitalized since I stopped playing World of Warcraft (for a little while), so until I get that started up again, I'll have a good 7 hours of sleep every night. Wow!I used to spend a lot of time on my computer between WOW, drawing, writing, making my site or...excessively polishing it, and reading a lot of random techy jargon from other sites. And chatting. I rarely deviated from that.

Ha, so i finally found how to call me.. Computer Addict.I spend almost all day on PC, and i say almost cause i need to go to school... (lol, anyway I do PC working on school).. but what i do are things than will help me to run some kind of business in the future, like Graphic desing or programming, but i also play a lot of online videogames, but those helped me to learn English.. (yeah, im mexican, i talk spanish.. and what you are reading now is the english i learned thanks to chat and make northamerican friends on videogames).My mother is always pissed off cause this... as many other said above.. but thats our passion!!!

I spend very much time in front of my computer, mostly because of work, I'm a programmer, or software developer, to call it a more popular name these days :DI would spend about 8 hours a day, staring at a monitor, programming, then get home, spend about 2 hours away from the computer, while I have my lunch, maybe rest a bit, talk to my folks, and then, guess what... Back at the computer! Right B)I also use my computer for entertainment purposes, watching movies, listening to music... I found myself asking me a question, what would I do, if I didn't have a computer... I couldn't think of a thing... That kind of worries me... Computers are very easy to get addicted to, because you can do everything with them, from work, over playing games, music, watching tv... Anything you can think of...And then, there's the Internet B) That thing is more addictive than morpheine, or something :D Depending on the use, one can find him/her self overwhelmed by its contents... For me, the amount of information I can find on a particular subject is awesome... I can spend hours, and hours, just reading the info, browsing through pages, and pages of information, never getting enough... If used properly, one can get very smart using the Internet :DBut also, note this... If you spend too much time in front of a computer, following things WILL happen to you... Your eyesight will deteriorate... No matter if you're using TFT monitors, or the old CRT ones, your eyesight WILL deteriorate... Your physical readiness will deteriorate also, and your waist circumference WILL increase :D This I hace proven on my own example :D So, always, ALWAYS, find some time to work out, go out with your friends, work on you social life, outside of this virtual world of 1's and 0's, even though you might get wet from the rain, or freeze, if it's snowing... But nothing beats real, social gathering, with real people you can touch (just watch who you touch, and where, you might get slapped B)), not even a computer...

i don't think these days you can say everyone who is on the computer is addicted to it. i know i use it alot but it is because i doing computer science at varsity and i do enjoy some games now and then but i don't play them for 20 hours a day or anything crazy like that. I know that most of the time i'm just making use of the computer because it is easier to use than another method. I watch alot of programs on the computer because have have them in avi format and i don't have cables to take the video and audio to my tv !! so i just waatch it on the computer. I also use it to listen to music as i don't have a mp3 player so i just use ther computer and i will also use it alot to cut cd weather it be data for other people or music for my car or something. If you are going to say that someone that is on the computer alot is addicted to it then you will have to say that everyone is addicted to tv as most people watch way more tv than anything else, so does that mean they are addicted to tv, the main reason people are on computers so much nowdays is because you can do everything you want on the computer you can even watch tv if you want !!

I spend almost all of my time at the computer (some of it should be spent doing more important things like homework). I am a computer addict; I can't really focus my thoughts on many things other than computers (OK, fine, I can think about buses too). It annoys me, because in the summer when I'm in camp, there are no computers (well, the ones in the office don't count), and the whole time I'm like, "I need a computer!" Practically my whole day surrounds the almighty computer.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

I am on the computer all the time except when I am sleeping. I am a programmer so I spent my time doing work on the computer and i am a big fan of forums and especially blogs, occasionally I play games on the computer too. Not to forget listening to music, I think it is a must for me to be on the computer. How wierd would it be if I wasn't?

I must say anyone who claims to be "addicted" to computers should un-plug themselves and get a life. I use my computers for a number of different things including gaming, tv, music, movies, research and plenty of other things. If I didn't have access to a computer I wouldn't really be any worse off, i can use dvd players to play my music and movies and the like. I work with computers but thats not really an addiction (I HATE WORK). and the kind of people who are truly addicted to computers (or the internet really) are loners that can't interact with real people. and that is just sad. we have lost the "communities" we used to have where everyone knew their next door neighbours and all the people they lived near. Now we avoid everybody and are only close to people on the internet that we don't even know properly and the few people we are good friends with.sorry if this post offends anyone, i'm just calling it how i see it.

I am really addicted to computer. When I am in home once I sit before the computer I'll forget everything food and so. I'll stay atleast 5 hours in a stretch before my computer during the day and nearly 12 hours in a stretch during night.

I must say anyone who claims to be "addicted" to computers should un-plug themselves and get a life. I use my computers for a number of different things including gaming, tv, music, movies, research and plenty of other things. If I didn't have access to a computer I wouldn't really be any worse off, i can use dvd players to play my music and movies and the like. I work with computers but thats not really an addiction (I HATE WORK). and the kind of people who are truly addicted to computers (or the internet really) are loners that can't interact with real people. and that is just sad. we have lost the "communities" we used to have where everyone knew their next door neighbours and all the people they lived near. Now we avoid everybody and are only close to people on the internet that we don't even know properly and the few people we are good friends with.

sorry if this post offends anyone, i'm just calling it how i see it.

I am sorry, but I feel you are stereotyping computer addicts. Who says computer addicts can't have a life? I spent lots of time with my gf and friends, I even play football regularly in addition to that I hit the gym thrice a week. So it is really unfair to be saying that we computer addicts do not have a life. I love working and programming at the same time, and you can't possibly do that on a piece of paper.

The kind of people who are truly addicted to computers (or the internet really) are loners that can't interact with real people.

This is just wrong, I have a lot of friends who stay on the computer the entire day but they have lots of friends and are enjoying interacting with real people. The final conclusion on this is that not every computer addict is as lonely as you say, they are not only close with friends they talk to online but also with their next day neighbours and pals.

I must say anyone who claims to be "addicted" to computers should un-plug themselves and get a life. I use my computers for a number of different things including gaming, tv, music, movies, research and plenty of other things. If I didn't have access to a computer I wouldn't really be any worse off, i can use dvd players to play my music and movies and the like. I work with computers but thats not really an addiction (I HATE WORK). and the kind of people who are truly addicted to computers (or the internet really) are loners that can't interact with real people. and that is just sad. we have lost the "communities" we used to have where everyone knew their next door neighbours and all the people they lived near. Now we avoid everybody and are only close to people on the internet that we don't even know properly and the few people we are good friends with.
sorry if this post offends anyone, i'm just calling it how i see it.

I agree I now go to college 4 days a week and will have alot of homework, so I won't have alot of computer time.