xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Need Free Ftp Client

Of course SmartFTP! it's free, not too big and is highly customizable. I've used it since 2001, but now it's the most popular download on download.com I believe. I havn't had any problems with it, and the setup of it is very good for people unused to FTP.

I am working with Total Commander and I never had any problems. It is not just FTP explorer it is an explorer for your entire PC and it has a built in FTP explorer which works perfectly fine. You can store unlimited accounts with a different options for each. It had a lot of built in tools and my favorite is "Multi Rename Tool".
Unfortunetly it is not free, you can download a trial version here. It costs 34$ but it is worth every penny.

Greetz!

well i used FlashFXP i think its simple and easy to use but my usual one is Crystal FPT Pro i think it has the best and simplest interface.

total commander FTP works great, though in sticky cases, or when there's trouble with the connection, Filezilla is my FTP uploader of choice. sometimes commander gets stuck on files, and it's annoying to come back to your computer an hour later and find it hasn't done anything.

Hello, I am completely new to this forum; it is seeming a bit overwhelming at the moment, so any help or advice would be appreciated.Right now I really want people's opinions about FTP programs. Is there one that is clearly better than the others? Is there one that is more user friendly, or most popular? Please let me know your opinions.I use FileZilla right now for no other reason than it is pretty much the first one I came across that was completely free and fully functional for what I needed (which is only uploading websites *shrug*). I've also used WinSCP3 for secure file transfer, but I hardly use that. (which brings up another question for a newbie like me, when would you need to use SFTP?)anyway, Hope to hear your comments soon