xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Need Free Ftp Client

I also have tried nearly all good FTP Clients availabel.I like aceFTP but all ftp programs have a problem is that I am behind a proxy and they do not work behind a proxy. If any one find a FTP Client or any other way to upload files stay behind proxy please inform me.ThanksSohail Ahmedsohail4@msn.com

I hate CuteFTP, it always crashes right in the middle of an upload. Then I have to restart the program, figure out what file was being uploaded when the program crashed, and then start all over again...usually to just end up crashing yet again. I hate CuteFTP with a passion. CoreFTP is the best.

I used both FlashFXP 3.0 and CuteFTP Pro 6.0. FlashFXP has better compatibility (say it is able to pass through poor NAT gateway that doesn't translate PASV 192.168.1.1 or something to a real IP). CuteFTP is better for directories with spaces and support mutithread downloads. FlashFXP GUI is more intuitive. Both are worth recommending...

I use WS_FTP Lite, because SmartFtp is too bloated in my opinion.I have two views, drag&drop and I'm done. It's fast.I wanted to use fireFtp (an extension for firefox), but it doesn't support passive transfer. :rolleyes:

The FTP software i use is bundled in a full website promotion package. Its called WebCEO. It is free and has many useful features. Some of them are disabled until you pay but the free ones are very useful. The purchase price is pretty hi but if you can afford it i think it is worth it even tho im too cheap to pay for it myself lol. I beleive the website is webceo.com or something liek that.

It's very easy, just do yourself...type this keywords in google.com:"download free ftp" - and you'll have many good results, just click one and download.

Core FTP is the best that i have ever seen and i dont think that any other Ftp program could beat it. FireFox comes with a built in FTp thing that also works very well. Its faster that core ftp so you could also use that.

Core FTP is the best that i have ever seen and i dont think that any other Ftp program could beat it. FireFox comes with a built in FTp thing that also works very well. Its faster that core ftp so you could also use that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just deleted that and Redownloaded my SmartFtp, SmartFtp is very user friendly ;)