xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Need Free Ftp Client

i'm using "TotalCommander"(Window commander in old days) for window system and it's not freeware but the best i've ever seen. "RBrowser Lite" freeware for Mac. :rolleyes: there are a lot of cool freeware for ftp..

I second ACE FTP freeware, although if FTP Commander is nice if you want a simple FTP application. As well, I heard a lot of good things about Filezilla and I'm thinking up switching to it soon. Any testimonials out there?

I use Smart FTP, Its easy to use and simple. You can even connect to different hosts at one, Uploading is also easy, I find it the best one out.

I think filezilla is the best, with almost all the available ftp features in it including the famous drag and drop function.

Smart FTP also supports Drag 'n' Drop,I find it the best ftp program and always have used it, I would reccomend it as i have also brought a licence for it.

If you want the best I suggest WS_FTP Pro 9. I have the download on my site if you want it. I find it the easiest. And when you CHMND (or w.e. its called) it does it the simpliest way and actually does it unlike other ftps.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

144636[/snapback]

Do you realise the stuff you've got on that page could be a breach of Xisto's TOS?

I agree with ladyspanky about Cuteftp.  You can easily find the serial key on google and it's free.  I've heard it was recommended by alot of sites and it's very useful in my opinion.

If it's free, why would you need a serial?
I like Filezilla, it's free (as in really free, not "i hax0red it free") and works really nice. The "bookmarks" or whatever they are called & associated features work really well.

I second ACE FTP freeware, although if FTP Commander is nice if you want a simple FTP application. As well, I heard a lot of good things about Filezilla and I'm thinking up switching to it soon. Any testimonials out there?

144590[/snapback]

i use Filezilla and have never had any problems with it. Total Commander, on the other hand, though i love the program as an explorer replacement, always hangs on me when i try to connect and upload through FTP. it'll do the first fle, and then especially on multiple files, it just freezes.

I use both FTP Commander & CuteFTP they're two of the best File transfer protocol (a.k.a FTP ) Programs i know -> easy to use, don't bug & has no problem to use it connecting to multiple hosts :rolleyes: Cheersdr1v3r