xisto Community
bhavesh

Indian Cricket Chat about Indian tours

Sachin didnt get to do much in this series so far, maybe rohit should be brought back.

For your kind information Sachin has opted out of the first three One-dayers to take rest and in the fourth match he was a bit out of touch. But that doesn't means that you drop him and that to, to accommodate Rohit Sharma.Sachin can't be replaced and hopefully tomorrow he will fire. As far as giving chance to bench players is concerned then one can think to rest and rotate the bowlers and also Sehwag or Gambhir as they are continuously playing for many matches.

What is your opinion about that selection committee discussions leakage? What do you think of Dhoni's black mailing(I don't know the proper word to use here) with resignation to get RP in the team. Will it do any good to our Team India?

What is going inside the selection room should not be made public. Some players are not performing and others performs, some may be out of form, some in good form but when you select team you should only see the current performance, you can't favour any player just because you have good relationship with him. So I think the selection process talks should be kept confidential and should not be leaved in public.

What this has done is that now Dhoni and Pathan's relation may affect and for a team this is very dangerous situation and should be avoided.

And I don't think Dhoni has used black mailing tactics, as what he has projected his image in the public so far is that of a matured player so I don't think he would ever use these types of foul play.
Edited by bhavesh (see edit history)

As far as giving chance to bench players is concerned then one can think to rest and rotate the bowlers and also Sehwag or Gambhir as they are continuously playing for many matches.

Yes, rest should be given to our pace bowlers to save them from injuries. Sehwag is not interested in changing this winning combination but Dhoni is interested. He believes he can win the match even if the team is changed.
Whatever the team may be, I am not interested in these nominal matches....my only interest is how England will perform in the next matches....

What is going inside the selection room should not be made public. Some players are not performing and others performs, some may be out of form, some in good form but when you select team you should only see the current performance, you can't favour any player just because you have good relationship with him. So I think the selection process talks should be kept confidential and should not be leaved in public.What this has done is that now Dhoni and Pathan's relation may affect and for a team this is very dangerous situation and should be avoided.

Exactly. Selection committee meetings should not be revealed to media. If once the news is released to media, it is adding its own analysis and making the news most hot topic even if nothing is there in the news. This will have adverse effect on the team. We have already seen it in the past, Chappel had created sensations in our board...

And yes....I agree Dhono's and Pathan's relation will be definitely affected. Healthy relationship is must between player and captain to show the ultimate performance of the team. It is good to put belief in a player who is out of form, it will create some confidence in himself to regain the form. But it should not done at the cost of another player who is in good form. Because
Team is important......so as team spirit.

And I don't think Dhoni has used black mailing tactics, as what he has projected his image in the public so far is that of a matured player so I don't think he would ever use these types of foul play.

But I believe in the news. Dhoni hadn't condemned the news...he just told that the news should not made public. And also there are many rumours that Dhoni's pressure was the main reason for dropping Saurav from the one day team. If he really wanted him, the old selection committe could include Saurav in team(He was in best form at that time). But Dhoni voted for others. And now this news...indicating that Dhoni is slowly adopting the politics in cricket and in the near future he'll start politics.... :)

Exactly. Selection committee meetings should not be revealed to media. If once the news is released to media, it is adding its own analysis and making the news most hot topic even if nothing is there in the news. This will have adverse effect on the team. We have already seen it in the past, Chappel had created sensations in our board..

Yes I definitely think that ...Indian cricket is played too much outside the ground..than inside the ground..
The inside news keep popping up in the media and once its in media then there are going to be controversies and blaming competitions. It has happened before in India, we have witnessed the effect and consequences of the Chappel -Ganguly matter which came to media and made public. So the best thing is to keep all the news, all the matters, all the fights, all the disputes in the committee itself and only the final decision should be brought to the media. Then the decision may seem to be unfair ..but there is nothing that media can do or anyone else can do ...because there is no one to blame.

This time this Dhoni thing came to the media and this should not have happened...Indian cricketers have not learnt from their past...they forgot what happened when the committee politics came to public last time.
Now it seems Dhoni is also learning to be the part of the politics...he must not do this...he should not force the committee to do what he wants...he is the captain and he should give his best from what he has got...yes he should give his advise and his views over the team he wants ...but he must not force the committee to keep or not keep a player.

A tragic end to the series. After the terrorist attack in Mumbai, England team had to go back. Lets see whether they will come to play the test matches of not. Indians had played well in all the 5 matches and also with some luck. Now if England comes for the tests it would be interesting to know how they perform. As far as security is concerned, I think they should not worry about it as BCCI wiould provide them full security.

Yes...A tragic end...But we can't blame the England team. Their security is more important than the game. Coming to the test series...BCCI has confirmed that the Test series will contine as per the schedule. England had requested BCCI to change the Mumbai test to somewhere else, and BCCI agreed and changed it to Chennai. Hope everything will go smoothly...Definitely the test series will be much more interesting....England will try to review its weakness in the gap and will try to overcome it. So..more intersting series is ahead.... :)

Ya... its sad and true. we cant blame them as whatever the security BCCI provides them with, we were not in a position to convince them. Taj and Oberoi were also considered secured. Its good for the Indian cricket that the challenger trophy teams were not here during all this.They were suppossed to stay in the Taj.I just pray that everything goes fine in the test series. and hopefully we will repeat success story of the one day series.

Finally a good news for the Indian cricket after the Mumbai attack. England team has decided to play the upcoming test series in Indian soil after getting the assurance of high sucerity for them. Stephen Harmison and Andrew Flintoff have also decided to be part of the squard which means Englang will be coming with their full strength. Earlier it was said that even if English team comes to play in India, their senior players will not be with them. But now as they are coming here, its a good news both for cricket and its fans.Hope we see a tight series ahead.

Yes.....its really good news. Full team is coming to India. They are now confident about our security. BCCI had booked an entire hotel(it has more than 200 rooms) in Chennai just for Indian and England cricketers. This is for security reasons. As terrorists are first entering as guests to hotels and then attacking, BCCI don't want to take risk. So booked the entire hotel. :)And another good news is many players from other countries like Ricky Ponting supporting our country. The're saying that there is no cricket game without India....because Cricket is a part of Indians life, and also India is the primary source for Income.... So no need to worry about future tournaments in India...ICC already announced that forth coming World Cup will continue in India...and no doubts about it.... Lets hope everything will go fine.... :)

Yeah its a good sign that other counties players are standing for India. Another thing is that if the players are not secure in India then they can never think of playing in Pakistan, Bangladesh andSri Lanka as the security issues are more grave there. It would mean a complete sweep out internatonal cricket from the subsontinent. And without this part involved, cricket cant survive for long as most of the finance comes from this part.

India vs England First Test:Very interesting match is going on..after shadows of terrorism. England is dominating now. They dominated with the bat yesterday...and now dominating again with the ball. They had scored 316 runs in their first innings. India is in trouble now. We've scored only 155 runs losing 6 wickets. If we score well tomorrow(very difficult, of course) we'll have chance to dominate...else England will take control over the match.....and we'll see an undesirable result in the match...Coming to the performance of the players..definitely Strauss showed the difference. His 123 innings was excellent. And in bowling Harbhajan and Mishra took 6 wickets indicating that the ball is spinning very well. Coming to the Indian innings top order and middle order failed unexpectedly. Now the complete weight is on tailenders..And coming to Englands bowling Swann is highlight today. And the most disappointing person today is Yuvraj...failed again in tests. I didn't understand why he is failing again and again in tests....Hope our team will play good cricket tomorrow. :)

India vs England First Test:Very interesting match is going on..after shadows of terrorism. England is dominating now. They dominated with the bat yesterday...and now dominating again with the ball. They had scored 316 runs in their first innings. India is in trouble now. We've scored only 155 runs losing 6 wickets. If we score well tomorrow(very difficult, of course) we'll have chance to dominate...else England will take control over the match.....and we'll see an undesirable result in the match...

Coming to the performance of the players..definitely Strauss showed the difference. His 123 innings was excellent. And in bowling Harbhajan and Mishra took 6 wickets indicating that the ball is spinning very well. Coming to the Indian innings top order and middle order failed unexpectedly. Now the complete weight is on tailenders..And coming to Englands bowling Swann is highlight today.

And the most disappointing person today is Yuvraj...failed again in tests. I didn't understand why he is failing again and again in tests....Hope our team will play good cricket tomorrow. :)

Sehwag has given us a ray of hope and a golden chance to winthe match we almost lost. His knock of 83 in 68 balls was amazing even though he was lucky in a couple of occasions. Now its clear Chappel ( Former Indain coach) said sehwag was a challenge for him (even though he failed in it ).

English players have also acknowledged him and have said that his way of playing is different ( in positive sense ) then rest of the players in the world. He has turned out to be the most crucial player and someone who can turn any match in favour of his team.

A very interesting match today....tough competetion between bat and ball. But I think the ball will definitely dominates. The first session is very important. Already the ball is turning very well. If we lost two or three wickets....our team will go to defensive side and will lost all others wickets. This is our history. Lets wait and see how will our team play.....breaking the history or continues? coming to yesterdays game.....Strauss again hit a ton. If England wins the match.....all the credit goes to Strauss and Collingwood. They played very well on this hard to bat pitch. And Sehwag played a damaging innings. Thas why we're at somewhat safe position. Else we could call this is lost match yesterday....I think Sehwag will be fined for expressing doubt about his LBW and adviced umpire to improve his decisions. I think it is not his job and will get him into troubles... :)

What a match it was!!! It had everything in it a cricket lover can seek for. "India won the first test match against England." We were under pressure for the first four days but the last session of the fourth day and the fifth day turned the result in India's favour. This was the fourth highest run chase in the fourth inning ever. The best part was the 41st century by Sachin Tendulkar. It seems he will never get old and will always be a nightmare for the opponent teams.He also completed his 1000 runs in this calender year. This is for the first time that he scored a ton in the fourth nning and India won the game.Another good sign for Dhoni's squard is that Yuvraj Singh also got into form. He was under pressure of not scoring runs in the longer form of the game. Also, Gambhir and Sehwag again provd themselves as the best available openers in any form of cricket.It seems Endland has done their homework well after a 5-0 loss in the One Day series. Lets hope the next match will be even better and more exciting.

Oh yes....congrats lee, we won.....we won! :) I can't believe this. I must admit I hadn't expected this. I thought our team will play to draw the match. But my expectations gone wrong. I think this is the first time our team played like this. And this is one of the valubalbe victories India ever had. Sehwag and Gambhir laid the foundation and Sachin and Yuvraj finished the game. :) Sachin's century is definitely highlight of the match. He'll be more satisfied with this century than any other else. Because he never scored a valubalbe runs in 4th innings. So he will be very happy. And another happy player is Yuvraj...this innings will continue his career in test matches...he was at the danger end of his test career. But I was disappointed with the man of the match award. I think Strauss is the real man of the match in this test. If the man of the mach is for individual performance...Strauss played very well than any other player in this test. Thats why England dominated the match for 4 days.Whatever....there will be much more interesting match at Mohali. All the best India and England.... :D

After dissappointing series of West Indies and seeing rain and only rain in srilanka Indian team will be preparing hard to give a good show against Aussies and west Indies in triseries
Wishing ALL THE BEST for team INDIA (MEN IN BLUE)

Dear bhavesh MEN IN BLUE Are always the best isn't it. By the way sometime's the fate didn't support them but otherwise they are really the best. They have done very well yesterday also. Cheers for their victory. By the way what do you thing about their victory in yesterdays match.