xisto Community
bhavesh

Indian Cricket Chat about Indian tours

I don't mean to sound like an ignorant fool but...what is indian cricket???

Infact you are sounding like that.....Indian Cricket means Cricket matches which are played by India with other countries.
Now is it understandable, if still you are confused check a similar link that too in Xisto itself, go to http://forums.xisto.com/topic/43939-australian-cricket-the-ashes-the-odi-world-series-and-so-forth/

i don't believe we have cricket in the U.S.....an if i do ive never seen it played.

One should know everything happening around the world. Cricket is a big game of India and is played and seen in almost all parts of country, the players are treated as heroes. It's a sort of religion in India. Also almost 90% of cricket market is in India.

Now back to game. The second ODI, again a close encounter, mostly India - WestIndies ties are always close matches.

Due to under prepared pitch, the match was low scoring, but interesting. Indian lower order have performed well after 90 for 7 to reach 189. All credit goes to Dinesh Kartik and Agarkar, they have played well in difficult pitch to bat. Dinesh Kartik has proved that his inclusion in team and giving preference above Suresh Raina is not unfair.

Bowlers have bowled well, Zaheer's second spell was impressive and also Sachin was once again proved handy with ball after failing with bat.

All together entertaining match, and now India need to keep the momentum going and win the series. But for next two matches some seniors should be rested and new players should be tested.

I was watching todays match, in begining I was really disappointed by the quick fall of wickets, but due to the hard work finally the've managed to get a decent score. I'm now happy that the Indian Cricket team is getting back into form. Lets hope the future matches will make them more powerful.Hi PurPleKuSh, as fas as I've heared there is cricket in US, but not popular. The team is right now in their budding stage due to the lack of awarenes about cricket to the US people.

After the poorest show in the world cup, Indian team for the Bangladesh tour has been picked. Some seniors have been rested, which is a good thing, as Sachin, Sourabh will not be fit enough and might retire before next world cup. Some youngsters who are becoming senior now like Pathan, Harbhajan have been dropped which is again a good thing because they are out of form and require some first class cricket to get back to form.But again Shewag has got a chance, what a hell. This guy has got enough oppurtunity before world cup, but inspite of his poor form he was able to get a berth for West Indies. And now again he has got chance I think he should have dropped and should have asked to play first class matches like Pathan and Harbhajan.Inclusion of new players is a good idea, because Bangladesh is good a great side and this new faces will get confidence playing against them. And cricket is only the confidence you show on the ground and nothing else.

So Indians are doing good in Bangladesh, after a one day series white wash doing good in test match too. Dhoni has regain his lost form which is good for Indian cricket. Also Dinesh Kartik is performing consistently well, I think if he would have been in the playing eleven of the world cup then scenario might have been different. He has performed well prior to the world cup but was unfortunate not to be included in the playing eleven. But now he is showing great potential to be a great and cool minded player.Ishant Sharma is another player I would like to see in the second test match, this Delhi guy is wonderful and should get chance.

At last Ishant Sharma has got a Test cap, good. Now its upto him to grap these oppurtunity with both hands and perform his best against a weaker team of international cricket and cement his place.Indians have played well on the first day. Jaffar has proved that the pair in first test doesn't depicts his class, he is a good player and has proved so by his ton. Now on the second day Indians should score fast and declare on and around 600+ at tea. Bowlers have to perform well to win the match and I think if weather doesn't hinders than India will win comfortably.

I think india needs to pick up some quick runs and declare fast and not think about fielding for 3 straight days in these conditions. Already Kartik and Jaffer had to go retired hurt.

So Ford got selected as Indian coach. He has proved in past that he is a good coach. When he was coaching SouthAfrica they have won 9 out of 11 test series.But Indian conditions are different, here the pressure of public is tremendous. They make hero in one day and can put off in another day. So Ford has to face the biggest challenge of his life here.Indians are warming up for England series and a new coach in last moment might not be helpful. But on a long term lets see what Ford does for India.

Ford has denied, unbelivable. Why he had came to India and given interview when he doesn't want the job. He has said that he is happy with his position as coach of a club team, this is unbelievable. He would have been getting much more bucks of what he is getting now. What might be the reason of his decision. He might have been afraid of taking this challenge and might be feeling the pressure of Indian people much before seeing Indians. :)But now problem for BCCI has increased who should they select as they have already rejected Dav Watmore, who was the front runners for the post. Lets see who is bold enough to take this post.

INDIA-PAKISTAN SERIES 2007

The much awaited series of the year is going to start from Monday. I consider India-Pakistan series to be more exciting and thrilling than the Ashes, which are one-sided affair for Australia. But Indo-Pak cricket match in any form gives nail-bitting finish. One can see the 2 matches in Twenty-20, when this two teams meet, one was a tie, first time result was declared by a bowl-out and the other one, final was a thirller and went all along the wires.
We are expecting the same in this series too. Who ever wins, but the people will be entertained thats for sure.

Now about the teams, Dravid has been dropped from first two matches, I think its a good move and will give young players a chance to cement there place. And at the same time Dravid will get the much needed break to come out of his bad form.

Pakistan's first tour after the retirement of there best player, Inzimam. The new players have to prove themselves, especially Missbah looks to be the replacement for Inzi.

First match for India, a comfortable win. Gambhir played an important inning showing aggression but once again failed to carry on his inning. He needs to learn this quickly. Yuvraj again in good touch, also Dhoni coming back to form is a good sign for India. For Pakistan main problem was there batting, Younis played too slowly and was completely out of socks. He needs to fire for Pakistan to win this series.For second match my bet is for Pakistan, they will definetly win (according to my little bit knowledge of numerology). They have lost 2 twenty-20 and 1 one-dayer in a row. So chances are that they will show a good fight back in Mohali (second match venue).

For second match my bet is for Pakistan, they will definetly win (according to my little bit knowledge of numerology).

As I have told Pakistan has won the match. Failure of middle order of Indian batting cost heavily, otherwise at one stage 360 was manageable, thanks to good bowling by Pakistanis. Pakistan batted brilliantly and all credit goes to Younis Khan.

Next match will be interesting, who will take the lead in the series.

At last a great win for Indians. They have clinched the ODI home series against Pakistan after 24 years.The team send by Pakistan was lacking spirit to win and also batting is very-very limited, only Younis, Yousuf and Salman Butt are making runs. And in bowling Akhtar is not able to fire.Lets see what is going to happen in last ODI at Jaipur.In tests dropping Afridi is a good move for Pakistan as he was not performing well. In tests, a team require bowlers who can take 20 wickets, and Pakistan's bowlers are more capable in doing this then Indian bowlers, so I think Pakistan might have an upper hand in Tests.