xisto Community
bhavesh

Indian Cricket Chat about Indian tours

Now India on driving seat. They are in full command. To make 350+ runs in last day Indian pitch is impossible. But I think Aussies will try to reach there and if Indians start bowling so called negative line then it would become more difficult for Aussies to chase. So its almost certain that Indians will won the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Yes Bhavesh. Our team has full control over the match. I didn't expect India will get 350+ this lead. Dhoni and Harbhajans partnership made this. Else we'll be in danger. Its interesting to see how Australia will try to chase the target. They'll definitely try to chase because a drawn match is nothing but a lose to them. But the highest total chased down in the fourth innings in India is 276. So almsost impossible.Todays match is interesting. The ball dominated the bat. Kretza once again bowled very well and took 4 wickets. So, no problem with the spin. Only problem is our bowlers. A debut player is turning ball very well. But our spinners...who have lots of experience and playing in the home land are failing to turn the ball. Lets see what our bowlers will do tomorrow.There are many disappointments today. The main one is Saurav Ganguly's duckout in his last match. :lol: I didn't expect this. It is very sad. He started his career with a century and finished with a zero. I am really disappointed with this. The next one is, as usual bad form of Dravid. He scored only 3 runs. Definitely there'll be lot of discussion about Dravid after this series. Anyway lets wait and see....

Happy moments as well as sad moments for Indian cricket today. India won the Border-Gavaskar trophy by 2-0 against Australia. India is very very happy about this victory. Ishanth sharma got the Man of the series award for his out standing performance through out the series...and Kretza for his 12 wickets in this test...But the retirement of the legend Saurav Ganguly.....created sad moments. The Best Captain India ever had, Offside God....The Prince Of Kolkata retired today....bud sadly with zero runs in his last innings. He served a lot to Indian cricket. Our team is missing a great player....We all are missing you DADA, you are inspiration to us. :lol: Coming to todays match....our bowlers did a great job. As many others told..India deserves this win. We played like champions...Ishanth sharma started and Harbhajan finished today's australian innings. And a great test victory of 172 runs to India and a 2-0 series vicotry. Finally the end of Border-Gavaskar trophy....

Congrats Xpress,India won a great test match which saw many ups and downs, both team played well but India became the ultimate winner. Beating Australia by 2-0 is great. After Bangalore test Aussies never look as if they are here to win series. The use of part-timers during Dhoni-Harbhajan partnership reveals this. There captain, Ricky Ponting was unable to handle the players well and India capitalized on that.Ganguly was definetly one of the greatest captain India had ever had, after his arrival only Indian criket team become TEAM INDIA. His aggression in field has won a lot of matches for us. We will miss you DADA.;:After Australia now its turn of England, they are coming here to lose heavily. :lol:)

India is rocking. Two wins over England that too by huge margin, amazing. Yuvi is awesome, back to back centuries and then rocked with his bowling, great. Now England will be facing pressure they have to win four matches from the remaining five, an uphill task.All english players, Petersien, Flintoff, Collingwood every one is looking out of socks. They have to play as a unit to give any sort of challenge to India. Otherwise India will have a cake walk.

Oh yes...Congrats for our success bhavesh :) Yuvi is showing the difference. His innings in first match is simply superb. And his bowling in second innins is excellent. I wonder why our main spinner still can't take any wickets where parttime spinners were doing wonders. No wonder for huge score as it is a batting pitch. But England's batting order is facing many problems. They need to settle down and understand our pitches. Flintoff's innings is excellent today. I like his way of playing. Those 3 sixes in Harbhajan's over are superb. Flintoff and Peterson tried to attack our bowlers. But Yuvraj striked again. Definitely this is a memorable day for life to Yuvraj.All The Best to India and England for remaining 5 matches. Lets continue our commentary too.... :)

Tomorrow match and India can make it three on a row. Go India go.The common thing in the previous two match was India batted first. Now if India bats second then lets see what England does.

Hey bhavesh.......We won again. :) Now India lead the series with 3-0. Four more one days left and England have to win the 4 one days to win the series. A very difficult task. Lets see what England will do.Coming to today's match...Unlike the first and second one days, the third one day is neck and neck. England fought very well. England's batting order is still having problems. They made 240 runs, which was an easy to chase score for Inida. Bopara played some nice innings. Harbhajan bowled really well.And our batsmen started with ease. Sehwag continued his form in this match too. England bowlers did a nice job. But they don't have luck. Bad light offered to our batsmen and finally India won the match by 16 runs with Duckworth-Louis method. Congrats India and all the best England for future matches. :)

Congrats ManWhat had happen to England team, no resistance at all. Three in a row and all are comfortable wins. Last match English batsmen were looking in some sort of touch but that too perished soon. Petersien's dismissal was crucial, after getting such a good start he played a rash short. He should have hold his nerves short was too casual as in the previous over itself he had hit Yuvraj for a six.Now for next four matches Sachin and Irfan Pathan are back, and to accommodate Sachin in playing eleven I think Suresh Raina or Rohit Sharma have to move out. Both of these players have got amble opportunity but they failed to play consistently. Lets see who gets another chance to play.

Oh yes....I agree. But England has got the touch now. They will give tough competetion to our team for the next matches. And Sachin is back....happy to see him. I agree with you about Raina and Rohit also. :) They go many chances but failed to utilize them. Raina is good at fielding but batting is more important than that. I don't mind whomever lost their place for Sachin. Sachin is better than any other player in our team. :)

Now for tomorrow's match, India will be looking to wrap up the series there itself. And for England its an Do or Die situation. Tendulkar is sur to play in tomorrows match and if India wins then for rest of the three matches other players may be tested. In the last three wins youngsters have performed very good but now next match it will be the show of vetran Sachin. :)

Hmmm......Yes, do and die for England. It will try to play the best tomorrow. And as per the sources Duckworth-Louis will play an important role tomorrow also. Because the sky is cloudy at Bangalore. So, tomorrow's match will be more interesting. Lets wait and see. I have no dobut about sachin's performance...he always try to play his best.

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Fourth win in a row and India won the series. Rain made this a Twenty-20 match and as Indians are world champions in Twenty-20, so winning was just formality :).Sehwag and Yuvi batted tremendously and then Zaheer's bowling was exceptional. Now with another three match to go, India might rest some players and try to strengthen bench strength.England have given a good fight but the slow start and then not much support to Owais Saha and Flintoff caused the problem. After departure of Owais it England surrendered and Indians have another match in there kitty.Lets hope England do something in next match to break strong Indian batting line up.

Yes, we won again...and won the series as well. But I was really disappointed by the match. What a stupid Duckworth-Louis rules. They were meaning less. Our team scored 166 runs out of 22 overs and England had to score 198 runs in the same 22 overs to win the match? Of course, I agree our team played the match during rain. But, had any team scored 200 runs in 22 overs ever in ODI history? Thats why I am contradicting with the result. This D/L is very old and should be replaced with a new system as soon as possilble. In my opinion England played very very well than our team and deserves winning that match.Coming to the match...I am contradicting with the Man Of The Match result also. If the individual performance is the crieteria considered to give the MOM, then Shah deserved that. His innings is the highlight for the entire match. Or if it is given to the player who helped the team to win the match then it should go to Zaheer Khan. His bowling spell is excellent. And he got rid of Shah who was playing an exceptional innings. I am not degrading Sehwag's performance. He too played nice innings, but not as much as the above. Whatever it may be...our team won the match and series. Next three matches are nominal, so nobody interested in the matches except England. They will try to win those matches to reduce the losing effect. They have to win those matches to regain their confidence also. Sure, our team will start testing our reserve bench. OK, lets leave this topic. What is your opinion about that selection committee discussions leakage? What do you think of Dhoni's black mailing(I don't know the proper word to use here) with resignation to get RP in the team. Will it do any good to our Team India? If thats resignation blackmailing is true, then it is an indication that Dhoni is getting little over confidence as he is winning matches.... I hope its not true.

I agree - Duckworth- loius is definitely not the best way to win a match especially two in a row.I was most disappointed by the rain pouring down at this time of the year, In the end the deluge of fours and sixes pacified me to a certain extent. All in all England did get outplayed but India would have liked to provide the killer blow in more favourable conditions.I am hoping the enthusiasm does not die down after a clean sweep of the series. I am specially looking forward to some big knocks by KP and his gang to give a better fight to the high flying indians. Sachin didnt get to do much in this series so far, maybe rohit should be brought back.