xisto Community
bhavesh

Indian Cricket Chat about Indian tours

Except the Umpires in test cricket those days have to be neutral, there hasnt been a home umpire in a test since the changes. Although yes, the decisions could at least been reviewed in the most controversial of test matches.

Seems the tour will still continue after all, pending Harby's hearing. But yes I'd have to agree that they need to hear both sides, so if players from both sides do get suspended (provided that sufficient evidence was put into place). Then both sides would have to accept the final umpire's decision, and in a scenario in which that happens (where players involved from both sides are suspended) and India still boycotts/cries/etc, they'd would be seen as bad sports otherwise.

Great to see the Indians break the Australian winning streak once again, and it seems that the Aussies didnt bat as well as they liked. Also to note that they also missed Matt Hayden through injury. But yes, you gotta hand it to India for wanting the victory in Perth more, and keeping their reputation is the bogey team when the Aussies are on a run, as shown by the Australian tour of India in 2001 when the 2001 Indian team back then broke the Waugh-led Aussie's winning streak.

I think the australian team lacks sportsmen spirit. The way they behaved with Indian team recently clearly shows that they keep victory over everything. The much talked about Gilchrist who walked down the group on being given not out even when he was out, dint have anything to show now! Anyways, we won the third test and nothing could be called a better revenge than this.Chakde India

I could list a number of incidents where the Indian cricket team is unsportsman-like, but I'm not that biased.Gilchrist on the other hand, let's not forget that World Cup where he walked when he wasnt out. Apart from that, Gilchrist has just recently retired from tests, and will be retiring from international cricket all together at the end of the one day series.

Atlast Test Series ends and India losses it by 2-1

But second test controversy is still on with Harbhajan's case hearing still awaited. Team India decided not to play one day series if Harbhajan's ban is not removed.

Gilchrist on the other hand, let's not forget that World Cup where he walked when he wasnt out. Apart from that, Gilchrist has just recently retired from tests, and will be retiring from international cricket all together at the end of the one day series.

I admire Gilchrist for his sportsman-ship. But I think he might have become selfish and was putting Australias win above sportsman-spirit on second test. Might be he was thinking to be part of world record breaking team. He is very talented and admirable player and was the key member to put Australian cricket on top of the world. Expect second tests I cant remember any incident when Gilchrist was showing un sportsman-ship.

I could list a number of incidents where the Indian cricket team is unsportsman-like, but I'm not that biased.

Please give at least one incident, I am unable to remember any.....

Atlast Test Series ends and India losses it by 2-1
But second test controversy is still on with Harbhajan's case hearing still awaited. Team India decided not to play one day series if Harbhajan's ban is not removed.
I admire Gilchrist for his sportsman-ship. But I think he might have become selfish and was putting Australias win above sportsman-spirit on second test. Might be he was thinking to be part of world record breaking team. He is very talented and admirable player and was the key member to put Australian cricket on top of the world. Expect second tests I cant remember any incident when Gilchrist was showing un sportsman-ship.
Please give at least one incident, I am unable to remember any.....

The Ball tampering incident in the 2001 South Africa v India test series. Also led to getting rid of a Umpire (Dennis IIRC) in the same way Bucknor was removed.

IIRC the third test was considered "unofficial" after India got their 'preferred' umpires in.

The Ball tampering incident in the 2001 South Africa v India test series. Also led to getting rid of a Umpire (Dennis IIRC) in the same way Bucknor was removed.
IIRC the third test was considered "unofficial" after India got their 'preferred' umpires in.

Ball Tampering :o

Indians were just removing the mud from ball and nothing else. And it was Sachin Tendulkar who was doing that, who is considered for his good-fair play. The decision of Match reffere to punish Indians was wrong. And what you will say when 6 Indian players were banned for over appealing, whats this???????? What do you mean by over appealing from one team and not looking at other team which is also making useless appealing shouts. Match refferee was exploiting his powers.

Bucknor was removed for the good-will of cricket, if he had continued for couple of tests the series result might would had been different. :D

Your examples doesn't shows un-sportsmanship of Indians but shows biased behavior of ICC for sub-continent countries.

Now what will you say about the Murali incident. Throwing eggs in the face of a great cricketer. Whats this??????

Some racial comments had been shouted against Symonds from stands during recent Australian visit to India, and it had been made big issue by Australian team. Now what will they do with Murali's case.

Ok Back to game.........

ABOUT TRI-SERIES

Indian poor batting show in T-20 continued in 50-50 too. Rain god saved them from a certain defeat. Eventhough after the break the bowlers had bowled a good spell but the total was too less to defend. Lets hope the batsmen come into form before it is too late.

And again Gilchrist has impressed with his sportsman spirit, not waiting for umpire's decision and making his own decisions. Hats off to him.

Second match too washed out by rain. But Indian batsmen have gained some form specially Dhoni, who was in bad patch all along the test series. Gambhir continued his good form in this match also after getting a life. Yuvraj has again disappointed so also Sehwag, who is continuously unable to build up on a good start he gets and is out in 30s-40s.Next match will be in a new venue and hopefully to intervene from rain will occur and we will be able to see a good match.

Your examples doesn't shows un-sportsmanship of Indians but shows biased behavior of ICC for sub-continent countries.

*Darren Lehmann calls someone a c*beep*t, suspension.
*Harbajahan started the "monkey" against Symonds.. warning, then supension then overturned because of the whinges.

*Warne gets caught for taking drugs, banned for 1 year.
*Shoaib Ahktar of Pakistan gets blantantly gets caught for drug taking.. he gets off scott-free :o

Yes, biased behaviour in favour of the aussies alright... Many newspaper readers in England and Australia already considers that sub-continent runs the ICC, making rules for them and another set for everyone else. Their words, not mine.

As for the Murali incident, yes many still think he does chuck. Well I dont think he does except for specific deliveries (Doosra) which looks suspect. But I'll agree with you there are a few out there that are disappointing. I wont go on in India where 'some of the fans' (not all) burn effergies and flags in addition to the mentioned behaviour of some aussies.

--
Back to the game, yes Indeed it was disappointing about the washouts in Brisbane. Although their batting display against Sri Lanka was pretty good after the disappointments of the 50/50 and the first game against Aus.
Edited by arnz (see edit history)

After first two washouts matches are going on fine. But low scores but close and interesting.Indian bowlers are doing a good job but batters have put them down. 2 wins, 2 losses and 2 draws. They are in second place. But have to play next two games well to make it to final. Australia is almost into the finals.

Seems to be controversy between Sharma and Symonds (Again) in the last match. Great ton to Ponting after a lecent lean run, it'll be interesting if Ponting does keep it up from here on in untill the end of the tri-series. Also, Hayden and Symonds into the mix of runs after their short lean runs as well.It'll be interesting what would happen to Dhoni's gloves, after his first set was confiscated under suspicions. Already, there are already claims of "cheat" after that spectular dive to dismiss Gilchrist for 18.

Again Indian team failed to win the final. When Sourav Ganguly was captain then also same problem persists. Dhoni's men also failed to give there best on the D-Day. Mendis, a new player has emerged as champion. Indians have history of making great players from opposition team. Salman Butt of Pakistan is one example. Mendis was unplayable, Indians didn't know how to handle him. He might become a danger when India goes to Srilanka.Sachin will be back for Srilanka tour, and lets see his tips will help Indians to tackle Murlidharan and Mendis in a better way.

hey guys dont be sad... the team of dhoni has all it takes to be the world champions

of course there have been hitches and instances where they have been called as chokers but once they get into the act of ravaging a team they wont stop

now probably dhoni will lead the test team too in a few months time.

so rest assured that the team is in good hands

i have a concern for those players who have performed well in the chances given to them but not selected subsequently

may be a sane selecting panel can be expected.................Ummeed :)

Edited by shddgfgc (see edit history)