xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Trap17 Database Problems?

is it just me or is Xisto having issues now adays? for the past two days the forums have basicly been down except for a small period of time last night and just starting like 5 minutes ago..... is it just me, or is everyone getting this?

I'd assume it is effecting everyone. I haven't been able to log on for the past approximately two days. I assumed the Xisto host was aware of the problems, and was in the process of fixing it...mostly because the errors listed kept on changing <_<Now for a related question: Have our hosting credits been subtracted for those days? Not a really important facet...but I'm just interested.

Yes I'm experiencing it to. The thing is I start stressing out because what if my credits run out while the database is down?! And I have so few credits already <_< I really don't feal like getting suspended.

It seems that there was a MySQL error. This is the first time it's been back for me and that last time I posted something was at 6:39 pm in the Shoutbox last night (Eastern Time) and today that shout was still there. Hopefully things will stay back up now but luckily this didn't effect the hosting because they are on separate servers.

Heh, well, I'm happy that I wasn't the only one having problems accessing the forums. When I did manage to log back on, I noticed that the number of credits that I have has decreased, so I guess it would be wise to accumulate a bunch of 'buffer' credits in case of times like these.Hoping that all will be resolved soon <_<*editted add-onErrr. On second though, it has been a few days since I last posted so I'm not quite sure if the credit decrease is a result of my inactivity, or inability to log on, or a combination of both...*shrug* Regardless, having extra credits never hurts...

Edited by dreus (see edit history)

Yes I'm experiencing it to. The thing is I start stressing out because what if my credits run out while the database is down?! And I have so few credits already <_< I really don't feal like getting suspended.

It is said in the forum index page

The Hosting Credits determine the amount of days you can remain inactive. We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits (more than 10). This will give you enough time, incase you cannot stay active due to any consequences.

The key words are maintain a sufficient amount, and due to any consequences. Please make sure you know the terms of free web hosting, no ads by Xisto.

I am unaware of other Xisto problems that Albus is saying. Do you mean the issue with Xisto hosting issues have been frequent in recent days? Or are you refering to Xisto FORUM database outage? Remember that Xisto FORUM and Xisto HOSTING are in two different servers. Although forum suffered database outage, your hosting was never interrupted during this period.

In the past Xisto hosting database being down, I have tracked downed the spammer who was abusing our SQL and his/her hosting has been terminated.

Your hosting credit will always decrease by 1 each and everyday, regardless of Xisto's forum condition. Please make a note of the above bold red quote--which is also displayed in the forum index page, just below your hosting credit number.

Thank you.

Well thank god Xisto gets up after one day... I just got my hosting, barely can make up to 10 credits yet, so I was abit of worried yesterday, but I know the longest downtime Xisto forum has given me was like 1-2 day, so I could just wait and see...

Well yea I got that too. At first I was like it must be my computer so I tried it on my Dad's. Same problem. It said that it could not open a file or something. Hmm I wonder what the problem was. A error in the system. Then after it was fixed I went to try and post something it took a very long time before saying could not find internet connection and all that other stuff. But I knew that I had internet connection.

I wasnt sure, and since we only have my laptop here (we on holiday) so i thought mabe my laptop had a problem and i wouldent be able to keep my hosting.

But now im having website problems i cannot connect to any of my 2 websites hosted with Xisto (on one hosting account (im not abusing Xisto and having 2 accounts))

My error messages

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/bkag/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 19Unable to connect to database server!

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Stay within the topic. If you read my post, you'll know that Xisto forum and hosting servers are two different computers. If this is regarding your hosting error, make a new topic in support section requesting for your account help. Give full URL to both accounts to be tested.

Ya yesterday I faced the problem too accessing the Xisto Forum. I have joined this host just a week before. As I had very bitter experiences with various free hosts I thought this one is not different unlike what I thought before registering. So I had few things in mind:1- First let's see if the Hosted acount is ok or not.And fortunately it was OK.2- Let's see if we can still access the cPanel and modify the data.That worked too.3- After the above two steps, I thought, may be this is a genuine outage and it would be better to check back after few hours. And to my expectation, the Forum is up and running.So thanks for everything.

Please allow yourself to read previous posts before making your remarks. If you did, you'll note the difference between hosting server and forum server by Xisto. The forum condition does not reflect your hosting condition.Read previous posts <_<