xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
husker

Goossebumps, A Sign Of God?

In Church today, I was listening to the Pastor speak and I had goosebumps a lot. I wasn't sure why but I just had a chill a lot. Is God trying to tell me something? I usually don't get goosebumps that much. So does God give you goosebumps or are you just cold? I didn't seem cold when I was at Church, which confuses me. Has this happened to anyone else by chance?

maybe. God has funny ways of telling you stuff. Maybe he's telling you that the sermon was important, especially for you. But maybe it was nothing. I've never gotten goosebumps before at a sermon, unless I'm cold. Try reading the bible verses the sermon mentioned.

Edited by pixieloo (see edit history)

How long did the goosebumps last? Did it last for the whole time the pastor was talking about something? Or did it stop after a while? Did it start when the pastor began talking? Or did it start when the pastor spoke a specific word? By answering these questions you might be able to find out why you happened to get goosebumps; when you didn't even feel cold. But answering these questions may not help much.

I doubt it. If he is as omnipotent as people say he is, then I doubt he'd use something like goosebumps as a way to message you. You might of just been cold...Or the Pastor was saying something that gave you, as someone said, a strong emotion.

In Church today, I was listening to the Pastor speak and I had goosebumps a lot. I wasn't sure why but I just had a chill a lot. Is God trying to tell me something? I usually don't get goosebumps that much. So does God give you goosebumps or are you just cold? I didn't seem cold when I was at Church, which confuses me. Has this happened to anyone else by chance?

Personally i am not a believer in god really so obviously im not going to tell you its god. I have, ALWAYS gotten chills, in the sun, in the rain, in the breeze...i get these random goosebumps and chills. I don't ever think its a sign from god, because normally thet start with an irritation in my ears, and follow allong to my neck and shoulders, then i shiver. I have goosebumps a lot, because i am cold a lot. Unless god is telling me to stop breathing, i doubt he is talking to me. You were probably cold, but didn't realize it, or had things on your mind that you didnt realize were making you emotional.

I am a strong believer of God, but I don't allow God to be the explaination to everything. The situation you explained is intriguing, but I can't really say it was because of God's power that you got goosebumps. Unless it happened at specific moments, like when the pastor said a certain word, then maybe...But then, it could just have been an emotional reaction. God works in weird ways, but I wouldn't be one to immediately assume this is one of them.

I have heard that question before actually. Some people believe that goosebumps are in fact a sign of God that he passed by or something like that. Some people say the same thing about sneezing as well. I get goosebumps when I'm cold yes but also I do sometimes just out of no where. I also get them when I feel a rough surface like nails on chalkboard just thinking about it gives me goose bumps sort of.

This one time, I was watching a movie and, in a really exciting scene, I got goosebumps, but you don't see me worshiping that film.Goosebumps happen, just like every other bodily function.

As for getting back to the original post...Sometimes God talks to us in odd ways. If you can, try to remember when at what points you had goosebumps throughout the sermen. Now you might've been just cold, but sometimes you get this funny feeling when the pastor is talking about something that you can relate to...did you have them during when the preacher was discussing certain things that you can relate to in your own personal life?He speaks to us in different ways, maybe for you this was one of them, but don't get it mixed up with natural occurrances, it might've been just a little bit cold in the room as well...

I've had a similar experience before I guess. But what I think it's from is that when listening to a sermon you actually understand what the message is supposed to be behind it all you know. To me I listen to some sermons and I really see that somethings are good and some things need changed. It's that whole feeling of understanding.

Just weigh the cause and effect if you can killer.

Edited by triple6fistdestructionsoulhammer (see edit history)

LOL!

Maybe it was a ghost touching you... lol. Which are Cold and you got goosebumps lmao. Maybe it was god touching you and you got goosebumps, or may y ou were cold, happy, restroom lmao i don't know. But what ever it was.. um... It coud out been any other explanation :)