xisto Community
rejected

Long Distance Relationships how to keep them going?

My girlfriend, D, is moving. She's going to be moving to a small town around two hours away, and we'll be meeting up on the weekends. This is going to be rough on our relationship, I can already tell, but I know we can get through this. I'm seeking advice and some tips on how to keep long distance relationships good. We both have school during the weekdays. What can I do to keep the relationship good? I can see how seeing each other once a week can cause a lot of stress and tension in our relationship, but there have to be good ways to prevent it? We'll be talking to each other via phone or computer every day, and we're both great communicators and explain how we're feeling without problems. That should help a lot as to not getting in fights.. but what else can we do?

I personally think you have no problem. If you both want this relationship to work, then let it happen. Do not try to risk anything which could wreck the relationship. Just talk to here, and make sure she knows how you are feeling. Things should turn out for the best. :lol:

I personally think you have no problem. If you both want this relationship to work, then let it happen. Do not try to risk anything which could wreck the relationship. Just talk to here, and make sure she knows how you are feeling. Things should turn out for the best. :lol:

I pretty much agree with Forbez here. I have seen long distance relationships crumble.....but that's because I'm in college and it's more a matter of will-power than the distance getting in the way. Too many guys or girls with significant others back home....hours away. It leads to you looking for a better guy/girl to get your jollies with and leads to arguments on the phone. Not being able to see each other or have physical contact can hurt the relationship.

For this case however.....being that it's only 2 hours away and you'll be seeing each other.....you should be alright. Just do what Forbez said.....don't do anything that might mess up what you have and just be honest. You should be fine IMO.

Will Power is dealing with distance as well. If you lived nxt door to each other you wouldn't need as much will power to resist someone else as if you lived three states away. You tell yourself you won't be caught etc. etc and then you hit the road where you both come together, but which both? :lol:

First of all, I feel for you. This also happened to me, but I managed to get through it. First you should try and call her everyday so she doesn't think that your cheeting on her. Second try and see her as often as possible and contact her often. Third, do not upset her because she could (and I'm sorry but this is the sad truth) be thinking about leaving you and this could strenghin her feelings towards that. So try following these steps and you should be fine.

My girlfriend moved six hours away, and I constantly worry about her.... Our bond is stronger than both of us have ever experienced, but I still worry about her, and what could be happening since I'm so far away. I'm soo worried that she will lose interest after a long period of time. We're looking to be apart for about 2 years, until she finishes school. Is that normal for me to worry so awkwardly....?-Matt

Well, distance doesn't matter at all. if your true and trust each other there is no way for that relationship not to last long.that's a great challenge on your part.-sweet_20

Replying to rejectedI've been with my girlfriend 4 years, long distance all the time. We fight a lot but when we travel to see each other it's perfect, so when we're apart we know that it's perfect even with our flaws, I love her and she loves me. So just remember to trust each other, remember the good times and the bad because both are actually good times. Always try to communicate and if someone needs space, give it to them because sometimes calling each other too much can get annoying because then they might feel like you're checking up on them. Just stay positive and things will work out.-reply by Shrimpster

miles awayLong Distance Relationships

I'm into a long distance relationship, me and my girlfrend, we were 3years together before she left, her family migrated to you.S. I wasleft in phil.I was studying then and she was working. We had adifferent time for everything when its morning here in phil.In theirplace it is already evening, she gets tired from work when she getshome and rarely we talked that much..I really love her.. Thatwe survived the 3 years long distance relationship, after 2 years shemade it in my graduation day,she got back in phil.After 2 years forvacation and at the same time to attend for my graduation. She stayedhere for one month and returned back to you.S. I don't really have anidea of when could I see her again when its so very expensive for herjust to get her self in phil. Again and for me to go there in theirplace since I don't have my visa yet, I love her so much but till now Idon't have an idea of when I could be with her. I'm in Philippines andshe's in Hawaii. I'm just finished college and I just got my first joband my salary woud'nt be enough to send my self to US. She only got hernew job also in Hawaii,she just resigned in her job before she wentback her in philippines she needs also to earn for her self there.Ourrelationship is really unique, we are both females.. And the harder Icould get through her.. We were together since we were in highschool.We had our special feeling from 2nd year to 4th year highschool anddecided to be in relationship after highschool graduation. And untilnow were still together..I love her but till now I dnt know how to get to her.. I really miss her so much..-reply by pretty

I feel for you I'm only 16 but I've been in a long distance relationship for over 2 years. I lovemy boyfriend with all my heart; He says he loves me and sends me BIG messages on myspace of how he loves me and etc etc... I always acuse him of cheating and he flips out and says he is not cheating but how do I know that?EXAMPLE: one time he yelled at me and I got upet and broke up with him and 5 mins later I took him back because he said he only wanted me. I'm the only one for him then the next day he didnt call didnt call until about 8 pm. He said he was at his aunts swimming then fighting fires with his father and playing pool. His dad is a fire fighting and he does tag along once in awhile so I cant call him a cheater. Once I caught a mesage on his myspace telling a girl at his youth group she was gorgeous and cute I cunfronted him and he said he only said it to be nice because she cried in front of a bunch of people because her bf left her. But still I'm confused.But TRUST! is a big deal in long distance relationship's if you don't have trust then you mite as well forget it... I'm trying to trust my boyfriend because I love him and etc etc... And I'm sort of getting over myself but I'm still kind of confused.-reply by venesa

Ok where to start, well basically I met and fell in love with an truly amazing guy we are both 25. We both fell madly inl ove with each other and felt it was fate that we met. He is Irish and living in Ireland, I in the UK. We are like a 1 hour flight away from seeing each, anyway we dated for nearly 8 months then suddenly out of no where over MSN he break up with. He started the convo with " You know I love you to pieces right." he then gave me a load of reason why he felt we had to break up, " Distance, not seeing me, seeing me then having to leave me" all of which he told me hurt him a lot and he found hard to deal with. He said it was making him ill etc... He wants us to stay friends but I am so confused, I love him deeply and constantly want him back. Hes on my mind all the time, I don't eat, don't sleep. He tells me he is confused too and doesn't know what he needs or wants right now, he feels bad for breaking up with me and hurting me so much and had never intended to do so. Sometimes when talking he says things like " I am sorry I am so stupid" I often wait thinking there is more he will add but then he don't. I am losing my mind, I love him so much its killing me. Before we broke up he had mentioned that he wanted to live with me and I told him id move to Ireland to be with him, he also often said he wanted to marry me and could see a future for us. Every day he would tell me how much he loved me, sometimes he'd say it a lot. I don't understand how someone who says they love me and once said they would do anything to be with me would just end it. I can't make sense of this situation and all tho I do want his friendship I am finding it all too much to deal with. The more I talk to him the more I realize I love him and the more I realize this the harder it becomes cus I can't have him which in turn makes me long and want and love him more and more.

Thanks for reading, any advice is welcome

Long Distance RelationshipLong Distance RelationshipsReplying to rejectedI am new to this kind of relationship. I have a long distance relationship with a french guy. I live in US and he lives in France. We have been "together" for over 6 months, and it is very hard.The connection between us is very strong, he is planning his trip to US and I am so excited.All I can say is if you love him and feel "the connection , the bond" don't brake it you may be missing out. I love him so much and he does too, his friends a family have met me through skype!And I trust him a lot.-reply by MERY

I need help!Long Distance Relationships

First of all excuse me for my language I'm not that good in expressing what I want to tell..

Coming to the point...I'm about to leave my boyfriend,but I do love him,but there are many reasons preventing me from talking to him.First he is two years lower then me in school..I'll be attending university this year and he is still bac1,,,second my parents are not much convinced with this relation...Third he seems so young (but I do love him)...Forth,if I continue this relation we will be in a long distance relationship,,,where I wont be able to visit him neither he,except on holidays...Just wanna know is it wise to continue this relationship anyway???and what to do about it?Please I need advise I am so confused.

Thanks.

Zena.

-reply by zena

2 hours away from each other doesnt matter as long as you both love each other..Just trust each others heart..In fact we have the same story..But the difference is not just hours but miles away..We only see each other during vacations like summer or christmas break..Keep this in mind, "do not find the 10% of missing part of your relationship..Always think for the 90% that makes it the best relationship that u had.."