xisto Community
rejected

Long Distance Relationships how to keep them going?

I just ended an long distance relationship..and let me tell you this isn't my first long distance relationship either.It's PROBABLY not going to work out. You're far better off finding someone else locale.I'm not saying that it is impossible however the chances of having things work out is slim to none.

I just ended my 4-month long distance relationship with my girlfriend :)It worked out perfect until someday she felt there's something different because of my absense and blah blah blahI said its because i want to do some things alone and dont want to be disturbed by anybody, including her.Then she say blah blah blah and we broke upSad? No, really .___.I wont say wether i or she wrong hereIt just... If you want to survive at this kind of thing, you have to trust her.Even if she said she want to be alone, then leave her alone. If you really have trust in her, you wont have to question "why?"Just keep in your mind that you'll always be in your place for her, and she'll always be there for you. :PIf you got that one, dont forget about Communicate, since you both are well communicator, it would be easy :P

The long distance relationships are foolish. How can you love to a person that lives thousand of miles from you? That is impossible. What do the intelligent people when they have to be separated? They break up and that is the solution to all the long distance relationships. Don?t fall in the lie that "The love have no limits" that is a chinese fairy tale. That?s not truth. Logically a person cant be alone, if you know about the sex is much difficult. When you meet a new person you only will feel love if you see that person over and over again. But if you dont see the person the heart dont feel anything and your mind start to say you that forget the past and create a future and you automatically start to meet new persons. The love is crazy but it is logical too. But other thing is if you for example want to re-meet a person from your past where you can admit there is some facility to fall in love again because there are a past when both can be remembering and you automatically start to see in the other person some cualities that you maybe dont remember or never could see. The love is complicated so the long distance relationships only conduct to a site: the infedility and the break-ups. The solution to avoid the infidelity is break-up since the first time you will be separated.

Long distance relationships do work...My sister and her man were going out for a while, he lived in canada and she was out here in the U.S. Now they are married happiest people ever.  I think communication is key, and my boyfriend and I hv been going out for about 4 months now, we are 1700 miles apart. He tried to come down once a month, but last time he was out here was 3 weeks ago, and only coming in 4 weeks. It sucks but it's all worth it. You just have to be strong and talk all the time. My communication with him really did improve and I prefer long distance, cuz I have such a busy life.

2 hours long distant relationship. HELP!Long Distance RelationshipsMe and this guy lives 2 hours away. We haven't seen each other but we know exactly who we are, what we do, what we want to become, and all the extras. We honestly love each other but his parents wont let him drive to see me. He thinks we should just wait. But I don't want to wait. I want to be with him right now. What do I do? I do not want to lose him.-reply by breanna

Long distance relationships can work if the both of you are really into it.I've been in a long distance relationship for about 7 months and everything has been smooth. We rarely fight, me and my gf, of course and right now we are separated just to clear our heads and see if we still want to be together. lol. I think the reason why its worked out for this long is because we're both willing to give each other space and we're both clear about what should happen if anything comes up unexpectedly.I love my gf and I know she loves me the same, its that kind of trust that can hold a long distance relationship together. If the two lovers are mature enough to embark on it, success is not guaranteed but it can work...One last thing, sex is the one biggest cause of a long distance relationship not working. if you and your partner have been intimate, its difficult to be apart for long periods on end without any form of sexual activity. It's something that you have to discuss and possibly if you can allow flirting or just hanging around with other guys...that can work too and help alleviate the pressure so I advise anyone going into a long distance relationship to really think about before choosing that's what they want.Thats all from me, I hope what i said makes sense and I hope someone will learn and apply some of my theories ;)

Hii really like this girl that i met at an electro house concert a few months back. we talk all the time, and she says things like "i'm the sweetest guy she knows" and "i radiate gorgeous" so i really thought she liked me too. the main issues between us are, however, that she lives 2 hours away and is 3 years younger than me (15 and 18). I know the age gap is kind of a huge deal legally and whatnot, but i don't need to hear that. I have a car and i drive down to see her at least once a month. last time i saw her i told her that i really liked her, and she said she liked me too. then, the next night when i was back home, she told me she just wants to be really good friends, yet she still flirts with me all the time. what should i think and how should i handle this?

Your age gap is small compared to mine and my husbands my husband is 7 years old than me and we have been married 25 years.And who says long distant relationships dont work mine is the prove of the pudding as they say.26 years i was on holiday in Oostende in Belgium where i met the man of my dreams on thing led to another and we went out on a date so for me this was a holiday romance.My holiday came to an end and i went back to england.A month later i went back to Oostende for a holiday where mrdee and i became a couple again the holiday came to an end for me.when i was back in England mrdee and i kept in touch by phone and letter writing and i went back and forth to Bredene the home town where mrdee lived with his parents.One Sunday in November 1985 Mrdee phoned and asked my father for my hand in marriage and when my fater said yes all you could hear down the phone was mrdee shouting with joy.We got engaged on 24/12/85.I mustnt forget to mention when i was in england and making phone calls to Mrdee i ran up a phone bill in 3 months of over £300 the things we do for love looooooool.In Febuary 1986 i moved to Belgium where we lived together with Mrdee's parents before getting married on 4/4/86 and this year we celebrated our 25th wedding Anniversary.As you can read long distant relationships do work.

I can well understand how you must be feeling like! I have been in a long distance relationship for almost a year, though it got bloomed into marriage,it wasn't easy to handle it with calm. One of the most important elements in a relationship is being together, which you can't but miss in a long distance relationship. The problems in communication do arise and insecurity reaches its peak. Try and be more in contact, if meeting her personally doesn't always stand possible and keep her convinced that you will always be there for her. Good luck!