xisto Community
Shadow Knight

Did Dragons Ever Exist?

I don't believe too much in this kind of legends and story's. If they ever existed probably there would be some evidence from them like bones or something like that. But there isn't so that's why i don't believe too much in this kind of story's...

Ummm there is Docu-drama which gives good evidence, event though it states that it is all myth they give good reasons and scientific proof that Dragons could have existed. i kno its been like 4 years but if non of you have heard of this Docu-Drama it is Dragon's World A Fantasy Made Real. it shows that if dragons existed, they could have stored Hydrogen and Methan in large Lung type sacks, aiding with flight. and ground up Platinum to act as a catalyst, alowing it to breath fire. It also gave a strong point - altho purely speculative - that the Dragons or lizards survived the K.T. Event (which supposedly wiped out the Dinosaurs) by living underwater like modern day aligators or crocodiles, this allowed them to survive and evolve. into eastern dragons the slender long dragons and then later the European dragons with 6 limbs.

Well in my opinion dragons exist if there is a bug that can spray acid out of its *bottom* then there can be a fire breathing dragon. its just my own opinion don't hate my beliefs

I on one hand do believe dragons existed at one point in time. There are too many consultancies in every culture to believe otherwise. Every Recorded Culture has their version of a Dragon, though not all breath fireYou Have Myths recorded in:GreekEuropeanChineseJapaneseVedicIndianPersionand Jewish Countries/Cultures.(http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)

That is a wide spread if they didn't exists or their stories were just spread around and changed. A lot of the mythology behind these species are the same if you look t them closely.As from a more religious stand point, Dragons are noted in the Bible multiple times in the old testament, and in revelations(http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml)

Now lets step back and look at the fire breathing. This is the main crutch of every Dragon impossibility. How can something Breath Fire? Its Impossible Right?Actually there is something that can prove this theory, in what in large quantities could be seen as breathing fire. It was found in a little central American beetle. This Beetle is called the bombardier beetle.For those who like to read you can find out more about this Beetle @ http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/bombardier.html

Or Watch two videos on youtube about them :-

• youtube.com/watch?v=tpJ3asv3XMY
  • youtube.com/watch?v=nFUIEuNeWw4&feature=related

In short this beetle uses two highly powerful chemicals, that when released at high speeds, and slightly heated creates a chain reaction that rises the solution to boiling point. That can scorch the skin of another animal. Who's to say that Dragons cant breath fire with a slightly different compound, and in a larger quantity.Well thats all I have to say on the case. I have stated my argument now it is up to you to belive

I have been researching this question for awhile now and actually it IS a possibility that dragons actually could breathe fire...all it takes is a few stomachs with nitrogen,platinum and oxygen in them to make the animal float AND breathe fire. This would also explain why no bones have been found; such a mixture would probably be very acidic, making the bones disappear sooner rather than later. I think that this deserves some serious thought because like it's been pointed out in many places, how could the accounts and appearance of dragons match over such great distances even when the cultures involved were not even communicating with each other? In my opinion, there's a possibility that dragons existed. We have a tendency to take an arrogant, 'we know everything' approach to things and we need to open our mind more.

I actually DO believe in dragons. I have done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that dragons did, and very well still may, exist. You probably think I am some raving middle-aged woman, but I am actually a child genius at the age of 12. Do not take into account the word child, as I do not doubt I have a greater intellect than most of you that are posting. If you doubt my words, visit http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . Despite the fact they made this video for less-than-scientific reasons, they were actually quite close. Thank you to Snake_Eyes36 for his very reasonable approach to the subject.

Did they exist? nobody can say that for certain, but it is scientifically possible. dragons we often described as being so long that they could wrap themselves around a large house. Now it seems impossible that an animal 40-50 feet long could have the ability to fly. the wingspan would have to be over 80 feet long. adding up the weight of the wings and the dragon it self, it seems even more impossible that they could have existed as flying creatures, the amount of muscle needed to effective move the extremely large wings would make the dragon entirely heavy. and completely impossible to fly. then there are the stories about them breathing fire. biologically, its impossible, and no other animal has ever had the trait. so all these signs point to no. but wait. there are certain things that are biologically possible that would negate all the facts previously stated. before that lets go on to a story that was told by huntsman in china. they were out to go hunting and about halfway through their expedition, they were attacked by what they said was a dragon. they killed it and did not want to carry the dead body, so they left it and decided that they would come and get the body later, but after they returned, only hours later, they saw that the dragon was already quickly decomposing, so they left it, and within a few days it was little more than a stain, the body and bones had dissolved. impossible? no. Lets assume for a moment that the dragon has four stomachs, such as cows. and these stomachs contained hydrogen. hydrogen being much lighter than air, this would enable them to be able to fly with a much smaller wingspan, and not as big of muscles. fire? is actually possible. it turns out the when hydrogen and platinum powder mix with outside oxygen at room temperature, it bursts into flame. This coupled with each other, turns out to be highly caustic and has the ability, with the help of stomach acids, can dissolve the body quickly, even the thin birdlike bones that would be needed for flight. like i said, i cant say for sure whether or not that they existed, but we can say for sure now, that it is not overall scientifically impossible.

i believe that the knights in the middle ages couldn't have imagine dragons. they were fighting something! we found dinosaur bones that show large creatures lived and roamed. i believe dragons could have existed. look at all the huge birds that can fly. it would be possible for a dragon to lift itself into the air. i believe they could breath fire, the squid can shot ink out at you. if an animal had a body that could handle fire they could breath it.we find amazing creatures everyday! i think we killed all the dragons or they are somewhere we can't live.

dragons existed. large animals liked that existed. we know large birds can fly, so it possible for a large animal to be able to lift itself up into the air. i believe dragons could breath fire. we know a squid shoot ink so if an animal had the a body that could handle fire it could breath it. we are finding amazing creatures everyday. those knights in the middle ages were fighting something. why can't we believe in what we cant see come on theres a god. humans are afraid of what they cant see or understand . we should try to believe in what we cant understand because it makes life more interesting.

there is no such thing as the big bang because god created the earth if you are a scientist i think you would want to study animals and decide if the big bang or other such theories existed or if the creation of the earth by god speaking is the answer. and i think that dragons existed but they were kind of like dinosaurs. In the book of job (not in biblical use but as historical evidence) there was a creature that roams the sea and would come up rather close to land and spit fire

Personally, I DO believe dragons existed some time in the past, however long ago that may be. And who knows? Maybe they can breathe fire! It does sound a tad fantasical, I must concede that much, but then again, it is hard for us as humans to think about the reasons that cause others to obtain what we don't have. Maybe they DO have a third tube that carries/ secretes a ignitable acid, that when breathed upon, ignites. Then, the breath carries it out of the creature's jaws, which have to be fireproof. Furthermore, if I may be so bold to say so, perhaps elves and dwarves and all the other mythical beings were true as well at some point.Let us face the inevitable truth: humans, when they encounter something so completely alien to them, destroy the alien. Hunt them. Kill them. Make sure that they, as humans, can live another day, while not feeling so much as a twinge of guilt wiping out the "enemy". It's in the human nature, especially in our primitive stages (i.e the stone age, the viking age, the medieval ages). Perhaps that, my fellow peers, is what happened to all the legends. In all the documents that talk of dragons, unicorns, elves, or any of the sort in the early ages, they do not speak of keeping the peace! Think of the early witch trials! Citizens would burn a fellow neighbor, just for the slightest notion that they can do something that was different than everyone else. Instead, their voices are frightened, angry. They talk of hunting the beast. Maybe we are to blame. Throughout the ages, human conflict with beast or fellow man has shown that there are two conflicting things that we do best: building, and destroying.I leave you with these notions to contemplate.

I think that it's hard to prove,because of the fact that their bones turn to clay when they die.So you dont realy have proof.The thing is that its youre mind who chooses.About dragons is that some realy want to know,like me.So all belivers out there dont stop beliving. :DB)

I beleive that dragons were dino's who survived the meteor cataclysim for they were a flying creature and were no doubt able to populate most of the globe easily and due to the fact that if they could breathe fire im sure this aided in their adaption to survive the dust clouds and toxic gases due to their unique ability to retain the carbon dioxide or natural chemical used to create this flame