xisto Community
iGuest

Is Creating A Real Website A Very Difficult Job? Need Help!

it's like A-B-C. i bet a 10 year old can make his own website on his own. actually, when i came to this forum, i found some members who already have created some cool websites, and they're just 12 or 14?

I created my first full website from straight html in seventh grade which would be... 12 or 13. I had done some stuff before that though.

I started doing HTML when I was 8. Didn't publish it, just made pages of old weather information. Of course the pages weren't valid or browser compatible (only knew about Internet Explorer back then). :P

Basically, start with this code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd;<html><head><title>Stuff in Title Bar</title></head><body><h1>Heading of Page</h1><p>Paragraph</p></body></html>

That is your basic template for (X)HTML. Later on, you can add stuff to it like images, tables, etc. A good site to check out is W3Schools or Web Development Lessons. They give you easy instructions to design websites.

I strongly recommend text-based editors, not WYSIWYG editors. Often, WYSIWYG editors produce code that is invalid or non-browser-compatible.

A good editor is AceHTML Freeware. It gives some features that are valid XHTML and also you can find some scripts that are useful there. You can preview your page in there also (it looks like the IE version of the page). Get AceHTML Freeware on Download.com.

Be sure to validate your HTML pages, you don't want them to be full of errors. :)

W3 schools is great. I got 2-3 HTML books outta the local library, some of them are really good and show you step by step how to put the code together. Some of the good ones have a list of all the HTML codes at the back.I suggest you get a book, everything is much easier and you dont have to be on the computer when your reading it. Also print out a sheet of all the HTML codes and mayby write beside them what each one does.

HTML is quite easy (especially compared to more complex languages)It can seem a bit intimidating at first, but once you get use to using it, and begin to remember all of the tags without having to refer to a reference, it becomes very easy!When you say a "real" webpage, i presume you mean something that looks impressive with nice lots of elements where everything works well. This is something which you get better at as you learn. Also, to make an impressive site, you need to learn some other web languages. For instance, javascript is useful for making dynamic pages, like image swaps and drop down menus. And PHP with MySQL is useful for generating pages, ad making user specific pages, as it is secure.If you keep learning and practicing HTML and other languages they become easier, and you begin to do it from memory, rather than using a reference all the time!

Use Microsoft Office Frontpage, im sure you can get it cheap induvisually, it helps with HTML and Visual, its really cool then just click Veiw HTML and it shows the HTML code for the site you made! Simple!

Usually for a "n00b", I'd say "If you don't know how to build it on your own, just don't bother asking for a website." That would save the n00b, the web host, and the genius the n00b is probably paying to do the work for them a lot of time and effort. I've been to many web hosting sites and their number requirements is that you must have the knowledge to create your web pages from scratch.Honestly, it's not very hard. I learned how to do build pages from scratch since sixth grade. Later in seventh grade, my dad got me Dreamweaver and everything became almost effortless.Take some classes, read some more books, they really help.Making a website is just like doing math, and like math, you ought to learn how to do it with your brain, then you can later on use the computers to help when you get lazy, ahah.

I have read all the tutorials, listened to countless advice about creating a webpage, tried to understand the very difficult alien language of HTML, tried everything for twenty-four hours and still I cannot make a webpage. I figure creating a real webpage is one of the hardest of things to do, this is why so many people go to the atrocious made easy myspace.com or pay other people to make a website for them. Seriously speaking, not to criticize anyone, but I find making a website the most frustating task I have ever had to undertake. I feel like I need to take up a one to two year course just to make a webpage. When I heard about how Xisto was the best webhost, I was astonished, they sure do have the best resources, but for a noob like me using those resources to create anything has become mission impossible.

Well reading all that is here I have to say it really is not that hard. there a lot of good html programs out on the web that can help you to understand it all. Also too, there plenty of good and Free Web Templets too, where all you need to do is place your text,photos or whatever you need. but your basic HTML is not hard at all. Now for PHP and CSS? that is a step up. but if your a Noob, as you say. I feel it is best you start with the basics first, to get a good understanding of it all. We all was a "Noob" one remember that and I will be anything you want too, that there is not anyone here in the net that there 1st "real site" was perfect.

Good Luck to ya

Its all about JOOMLA. THere is no limit to extension .There are thousands of compenents out there. The Joomla Cms has so many options. Just take a look in the Joomla extensions directory. Whether you are making a site to sell products, a blog, a family site or a photo gallery. THere is definetly something avaibale in Joomla. I use Joomla for my financial literacy site Friendly Finance

I would completely advise Joomla over all the other CMS's. It can even be intergrated with non joomla extensions such a PhpBB or Moodle. Take a look!

Its all about JOOMLA. THere is no limit to extension .There are thousands of compenents out there. The Joomla Cms has so many options. Just take a look in the Joomla extensions directory. Whether you are making a site to sell products, a blog, a family site or a photo gallery. THere is definetly something avaibale in Joomla. I use Joomla for my financial literacy site Friendly Finance
I would completely advise Joomla over all the other CMS's. It can even be intergrated with non joomla extensions such a PhpBB or Moodle. Take a look!

I have to disagree with you on Joomla for the biggener. True that do have some nice options and all that but for a noob. Best to start small. download some free html editor like coffeecup and just play around with it. your page may not be perfect but you would get to know the differnt coding and in's and out's of web design. Also too if you would like a real website. may I suggest using a templet. also real easy to edit even for the noob.

easy steps:

1.using Macromedia Dreamweaver,there has many templates,you can choose one,and fill in your content,just like in word of microsoft.
2.Request a domain,you can first request a domain like ***.trap17.com from Xisto.This domain is free :P (note:this step could accomplished in the step 3,when buy a space atxistosupport,they will give you a domain like ***.trap17.com to you when you buy their space!hehe )
3.Request a space from trap to palce your web page,it's also can be free.You can afford by post in Xisto's forum(Just apply a account and start post!).When you got about $2(myCENTs),then you can buy a space from https://support.xisto.com/ !

Good luck!

Creating a website is not a very difficult.Ther =e are many sites on the net and tools are available athat enable one to have your vision of a site before you in a few minutes.What I find most important is the passion that drives you. It's not too difficult, just challenging.

Creating a website isn't extremely easy, but it isn't anything super difficult.Before you jump right in wanting to make a website, you can't just ask yourself how hard creating it is, you have to think about how much time you have to devote to the constant maintenance and care of the website. Of course, common logic dictates that knowledge of HTML and various other coding languages (most widely used - JavaScript and PHP, along with CSS) is required to start off your website in any professional environment (that is to say, outside of freewebs or somewhere with a WYSIWYG editor), so I most certainly suggest that if you have not already, learn HTML at the very least. Next up is the problem of making your website visually appealing while accomodating the rare Dial-Up user, and making sure that your website is compatable and still aestetically pleasing in all browsers (a problem that shamefully exists with my website). On top of the visual aspects, your website should still be easily navigated, or else it will turn off visitors. If you're not very good with making images and setting them up to become your site's layout, don't be afraid to ask for help from anyone you know and trust. Doing things by yourself is hard sometimes. Since in Dial-Up, large images won't load very well, you should always save your images in smaller file formats, such as JPG. Any good image editing program will save JPG images with as little quality loss as possible.Finally, we're back at the point of how much time you have to devote to the constant struggle of making sure that everything on your site is in tip top condition, which is above all other aspects, the most important in your site. If nothing works, then there's no need to worry about how it looks or how it's coded. You should always make sure you can devote at least 30 minutes daily to your website to make sure that everything is working, and if it isn't, have time to fix it. This is also another good place to have trusted friends to help you out if you don't have the time to devote to it constantly. If you need to learn HTML quickly, I suggest trying w3schools.com, it's where I learned. They have tutorials on other useful things too, so make sure to check that out. Good luck.

I think it's not that hard..What you have to do is learning basic HTML script and make your own HTML page, then upload it to a web server..Tadaaaa... Your first web page is there in no time :D