xisto Community
DjLuki

Football Vs American Football

Ref.: STUPID American FootballFootball Vs American FootballReplying to DjLuki

For a nation of IGNORANTS - Football has to be a popular sport :)Only sport where a player can go the entire season without touching the ball ( offensive tackle )Only SPORT where the brutality of a body slam is considered a great PLAY.Sissy men who take orders from their wives all week long??become ?ANIMALS? watching a Football Game. It?s hilarious to watch them on Monday talking ?Football? with words like ?WE? beat them.The main purpose of the game is to allow as many commercials as possible during play time.The super bowl transforms a ONE hour game into a whole day EVENT that after a year?.No one remembers anything about the game.A game where the quarterback takes instructions from the coaches and passes to his teammates ? ZERO creativity?..NONE OF THE PLAYERS EVER MAKE A DECISIONHow creative it is to run with a leather egg under your arm ?How many kids are quadriplegics because of football ?If Football players are so tough?..Why so much ?protection?.They would not last 5 min playing Rugby or Australian Football.* The National Football Head and Neck Injury Registry has documented 1,129 injuries since 1971 that involved hospitalization for more than 72 hours, surgical intervention, fracture-dislocation, permanent paralysis, or death. Of this group of injuries, 550 were fracture-dislocations of the cervical spine, of which 176 were associated with permanent quadriplegia. It appears that during the last two decades, there has been a decrease in the incidence of direct fatalities, head injuries associated with intracranial hemorrhage, and injuries associated with death. Conversely, cervical spine injuries with fracture-dislocation and with permanent quadriplegia have increased.* American football has the highest injury rate of any sport, with a rate 12 times higher than basketball, the next most injurious sport. Most NFL players eventually suffer a career-ending or career-shortening injury sometime in their career.* The San Diego Chargers of the NFL are named after a credit card

-reply by Leandro

I love Football! As for American football, it seems just like a beefed up version of rugby except with lots of padding so that you can't get hurt...I can see where this guy is coming from about the 'being carried off only for REAL injuries' and 'no pretending to be fouled'. Those are some problems with football. Some of the dives that players are pulling and then getting penalties out of it are ridiculous (cough Cristiano Ronaldo) But overall I think Football is the much better game.Yes sometimes games are unfair and the better team may lose because of bad luck etc but there's so much skill involved, instead of just beefed up players running around. Football is exciting to watch, you can analyze tactics, look at player match ups etc.Whenever I watch American football it just seems like theres alot of running around, attempting to throw the ball at each other, and not much else. :) But I'm not one to judge because I don't have a great understanding of the game. This is just my personal preference.

I like both English football and American Football.They are both two completely different gamesalthough both of them originated from rugby. I'd say most N.F.L players aren't really that overpaidwhen you think about the danger factor involved.You couldreally get ruined out there. Basketball,baseball and (English) football comparativelyaren't dangerous at all.

I love Football! As for American football, it seems just like a beefed up version of rugby except with lots of padding so that you can't get hurt...I can see where this guy is coming from about the 'being carried off only for REAL injuries' and 'no pretending to be fouled'. Those are some problems with football. Some of the dives that players are pulling and then getting penalties out of it are ridiculous (cough Cristiano Ronaldo) But overall I think Football is the much better game.
Yes sometimes games are unfair and the better team may lose because of bad luck etc but there's so much skill involved, instead of just beefed up players running around. Football is exciting to watch, you can analyze tactics, look at player match ups etc.
Whenever I watch American football it just seems like theres alot of running around, attempting to throw the ball at each other, and not much else. :) But I'm not one to judge because I don't have a great understanding of the game. This is just my personal preference.

Come on..American football is definitely a beefed up version fo rugby but it rocks! it aint for sissy man but for man who can stand for themselves against other men. The issues about them being bullied by their wives at homes is totally irrelevant as there is no evidence to support that.

Maybe all the great players we know even in golf,soccer,baseball or even soldiers also get harrassed by their wives....so what? We are taking about what happens on the field here.

Soccer on the other hand is a sissy sport, you have guys like ronaldo and all other chaps diving for no particluar reason! they cant stand up against other sissies! Soccer just bores me to death.

The players also do not have respect for refeeres...they lack sportsmanship. I have never seen a rugby official being harassed or being criticised openly by players on the field. They just gulp down the wrong decisions like man and can control themselves and just continue play! wow!

Football players, spit on officials...get assaulted by fans and fire back. Rugby as gruesome and physical as it is...does not have these silly incidents and neither does American football. STOP HATING. :)

Come on..American football is definitely a beefed up version fo rugby but it rocks! it aint for sissy man but for man who can stand for themselves against other men. The issues about them being bullied by their wives at homes is totally irrelevant as there is no evidence to support that.
Maybe all the great players we know even in golf,soccer,baseball or even soldiers also get harrassed by their wives....so what? We are taking about what happens on the field here.

Soccer on the other hand is a sissy sport, you have guys like ronaldo and all other chaps diving for no particluar reason! they cant stand up against other sissies! Soccer just bores me to death.

The players also do not have respect for refeeres...they lack sportsmanship. I have never seen a rugby official being harassed or being criticised openly by players on the field. They just gulp down the wrong decisions like man and can control themselves and just continue play! wow!

Football players, spit on officials...get assaulted by fans and fire back. Rugby as gruesome and physical as it is...does not have these silly incidents and neither does American football. STOP HATING. :)

I don't Hate American Football, I just dont enjoy watching it as much as "soccer". Although I do agree with you on the point of diving etc in soccer. It does take away from the game and sportsmanship, but that's still rare in the whole scheme of things...
Perhaps I haven't watched enough American Football to get an appreciation of it...
No hating involved :) !

I love football, the real football not what you ignorant Americans call like that. The real football consists of a strategy, stamina, speed, fairness in playing, the excitement that makes you uncomfortable in the best chair or bed in the world and stops your heartbeat. While in the American Football (what is it different from rugby?) you need fat to break someone's bones and crush his defense and it's completely regular?? :)

I'm a passionate soccer lover and I will stay that way until someone makes me believe that another sport is better.

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

No comparisonFootball Vs American Football

How stupid can people be?Comparing Football with American Football? It's like comparing a Beethoven Simphony to the Vinci's Mona Lisa.. Which is better art? You can't compare the two.. Sigh.. Just watch whichever sport you enjoy.. They're not comparable.

-Alireza

I like both sports. The thing is,there are unfortunately too many playersin soccer who dive and fake injuries. They are carried off the field on astretcher and are back playing less than a minute later, all in the hopeof getting the other team a red card.They should get red carded for faking it. People critisize soccer for being too low scoring,but a game is over in less than two hours. If you added an extra "half" then 3 hour soccer gamescores would be comparableto three hour n.h.l games.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

The biggest issue is with the name.. If they were named differently no one would even compare them.Both are great games. However Soccer or Football have a worldwide appeal where as Americal Football is a national game.

American somethingFootball Vs American Football

What skills do american football players have to have to play the game? What is unique in their abbilities, the thing that distinguishes them from basketball, real football, volleyball...Players? From what I can see, the only "skill" that is needed, if you can call it that, is mass - lots of it. Some of them can run fast, but hey, but so can real football players. Some of them can throw the ball and hit what they were aiming at, but so can handball and waterpolo players. In real football, players use their feet co control the ball. How hard can it be to understand that it is 100 times more difficoult to do ANYTHING with your feet than with your hands! That is why I appreciate real football more than american football. 

And of course, whats with the name - American Football??? I don't see the connection between feet and the ball, except for a couple of times they do a kick or a punt in the entire game. When you think about it, it should be called throwball or tossball or something like that.

-reply by Volley

Okay I've been playing soccer for 12 years. In futbol it's more about cardio then having brute strength. American football is only popular in the United States as to where Futbol has gone from Europe to America. Americans has adopted futbol as a sport. Football here stops the clock and play every other minute. As in futbol play doesn't stop unless there is an injury or half time.Football you're covered in padding to miniumlize injury, futbol you're only procted with shingaurds. Other than that you have to eat up the head butt, the sly cleat to your ribs, and that slide tackle to your ankles. You talk about faking injuries for a card, it's not faking it's called cramping. Unlike football players we are constantly running for 45min with no break, so we do tend to become dehydrated. Not saying that football you can't become dehydrated being covered in those pads in the hot daylight. Another thing is the name, American Football is played with the hands and rarely do the feet come in, because majority of the time you're throwing a pass and running the ball. Eurpean Futbol is literally with your feet, hence the name. In my opinion American Football is just a girl version of Rugby.-reply by teenager

Replying to khalood87I agree with you. Football is just a girl version of Rugby.Futbol is also the only sport that allows all teams from all over the world a chance to participate and see if they have the skill to call themselves WORLD CHAMPS.No offense to Americans, but the Super Bowl is only played within American teams.-reply by teenager

Daniel Tosh said it best... No wonder soccer is the most popular sport in the world "you try sitting in a mud hut all day swatting flies. The thought of kicking a ball around a giant grass field for 90 minutes would sound amazing". Soccer is the most popular sport because it is the easiest play by groups. For football you need hundreds of dollars of equipment to play, for soccer you need a ball and a couple friends that have nothing better to do than kick a ball around for 90 min and possible score 2 goals.

Your all idiots American Football is the best sport!!!!!!!!!!!Football Vs American Football

Lets start this off with saying that all of you futbol idiots are stupid how can you aruge that just cause you have a world cup that your better?? Even if the US decided to make an American Football World Bowl game Euroupe wouldnt even make a team and if they did your stupid countries wouldnt be able to pull your heads out of your own arses to give us a game worth playing... Now although you wont change your opinion and all I'm doing is ridiculing your country doesnt mean its not true! Now the reason for all those pads is cause American football players arnt on a feild running around trying to kick a football through a goal... Wheres the stratagy in that??? And here comes my next topic the reason for our timeouts and for our play calling... Its a stratagy game! See if you ever went to a game or payed attention long enough to see that every position has a perpose and has to do with team work unlike Futbol where you guys would watch a whole game to watch one guy try to kick the ball 50 times just to watch him miss the goal every single time! Now I know me littling Futbol is mean but when you sit here telling me the American football is stupid cause it stole your name and there are commercials or they where pads you can **** one cause you have never gone to an American Football practice or played in a game the effort you put into the game is much more rewarding in American football so you can stuff your euros where the sun don't shine!

-reply by America Rules

Do not judgeFootball Vs American Football

This thread did make me smile:D 

I'm from Denmark and as ofSuch from a Nation that loves Soccer. However I've played AmericanFootball for 14 years, as linebacker and fullback, and ofcause soccerWith my friends and on teams.

Unless you have tried both game do no judge, you can not compare the 2 games.

WhatI can tell you is, without the pads in American football you wouldBreak all your bones, the pads id just amplifying the amount of presurePut into a hit, so without it, you would not tackle in the way it'sDone, and you would scale down the hitnot to break anything.

TheFaking in american football is quite hard, as 99% of the time it has noUse,as there is 7 judges on the field to catch what is going on, andThe time spend on faking anything might cause the other team to score,As all 11 people is 100% needed at the same time, compared to soccerWhere ? the team never move much around if the ball is in the other endOf the field.

About the game from a  stratigic  point of view.

In soccer you got a limited setup compared to football, try searching for a playbook on google, and you will know what I mean.

IDo understand that people without knowing the gameplay in AmericanFootball think the game is strange, slow and everything has breaksIn between all the time, but if you get the rules and you do understandHow much each person has to perform to be on the field you willAppreciate the game. For me personally the game is the new gladiators inA big and shiny arena, where guts and glory only matter if you got theBrains to make the right plays.

Ohh and on the dude commenting on the chemical intake ofTop playes, there is no doubt in my mind that it's done on both sides,Just look at Italy right now ;-) and if you check the net and the newsYou will see strange deaths amongst young soccer players all the time ...Most of them drop dead with a heart attack.(The research here backs upThat there is far more drugs in soccer then first anticipated)

Soccer players are like race horses, they got speed and stamina, with main focus on lower body (Legs)

Football players need the speed and stamina but on top of thatThey need the upper body training as the sports uses both upper andLower body to play the game(Legs, Arms, chest, neck), That's why theyLook more atlethic then the avg soccer player that is trying to keepHis weight down to be faster. (Yes I know some might point me to the OOr D line players now, but they need the weight to control mass :D)

OhhAnd not all football players are 300+ pounds, it's depending on whatPosition they play, so anything from 80kg to 130kg+ is used ;-)

WhatI do love about the way the Americans seems to understand is, sport isA family event, you do not need to fear for you or your kids life ifYou bring them to a game due to the hooligans ... And that is prob. TheWorst part of what some in here calls the better game of the 2 ;-)

Regards the Dane that have played both games :)

-reply by The Dane