xisto Community
DjLuki

Football Vs American Football

Do not judgeFootball Vs American Football

This thread did make me smile:D

I'm from Denmark and as ofSuch from a Nation that loves Soccer. However I've played AmericanFootball for 14 years, as linebacker and fullback, and of course soccerWith my friends and on teams.

Unless you have tried both game do no judge, you can not compare the 2 games.

WhatI can tell you is, without the pads in American football you wouldBreak all your bones, the pads id just amplifying the amount of pressurePut into a hit, so without it, you would not tackle in the way it'sDone, and you would scale down the hit not to break anything.

TheFaking in american football is quite hard, as 99% of the time it has noUse,as there is 7 judges on the field to catch what is going on, andThe time spend on faking anything might cause the other team to score,As all 11 people is 100% needed at the same time, compared to soccerWhere ½ the team never move much around if the ball is in the other endOf the field.

About the game from a strategic point of view.

In soccer you got a limited setup compared to football, try searching for a playbook on google, and you will know what I mean.

IDo understand that people without knowing the gameplay in AmericanFootball think the game is strange, slow and everything has breaksIn between all the time, but if you get the rules and you do understandHow much each person has to perform to be on the field you willAppreciate the game. For me personally the game is the new gladiators inA big and shiny arena, where guts and glory only matter if you got theBrains to make the right plays.

Ohh and on the dude commenting on the chemical intake ofTopplayes, there is no doubt in my mind that it's done on both sides,Just look at Italy right now ;-) and if you check the net and the newsYou will see strange deaths amongst young soccer players all the time ...Most of them drop dead with a heart attack.(The research here backs upThat there is far more drugs in soccer then first anticipated)

Soccer players are like race horses, they got speed and stamina, with main focus on lower body (Legs)

Football players need the speed and stamina but on top of thatThey need the upper body training as the sports uses both upper andLower body to play the game(Legs, Arms, chest, neck), That's why theyLook more athletic then the avg soccer player that is trying to keepHis weight down to be faster. (Yes I know some might point me to the OOr D line players now, but they need the weight to control mass :D)

OhhAnd not all football players are 300+ pounds, it's depending on whatPosition they play, so anything from 80kg to 130kg+ is used ;-)

WhatI do love about the way the Americans seems to understand is, sport isA family event, you do not need to fear for you or your kids life ifYou bring them to a game due to the hooligans ... And that is prob. TheWorst part of what some in here calls the better game of the 2 ;-)

Regards the Dane that have played both games :)

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Different SportsFootball Vs American Football

I love both sports, it will be hard for me to give one up for another.

Its two totally different type of ball games.

The name football sounds fitting to soccer more than American football, well who cares..Come onnn MAN 

American football is great because it has clear strategy and style of each teams, each play executes different sub-strategy. So it's fun to guess what will come next and how it will turn out. Also, even its one directional game at points, the result of the game is always reversible until the last second.

Soccer is great because it is multi dimensional game. There are not much rules on the field, reason why if you love it, it just don't stop the fun. Individual stands out less than American football, a single goal or a save result from many moves played as a team.

Now reason why they have haters.

American hates soccer because they **** at it, U.S.A is just not used to the fact that they **** at any sports, take a look at the olympics for crying out loud, they are winners, so a sport they lose does not get much attention.

Europeans hate American Football, because they are good at soccer, its THE game they can stick it against the Yanks, well, I guess the sport that someone actually cares about, as oppose to some handball or badminton.

but don't say something like its not sport-worthy

both ball game players are great athletes. 

-reply by Jesus loves everyone

" have seen many games in football where its like 3-0.. And it took 3 or 4 hours for that score" assuming that you are talking about American football, what the hell? First. That score is almost impossible since a touchdown is 6 points, so you say they only scored with point afters (extra point), also at least in my canadian league, FOOTBALL IS TIMED GAME...IT ENDS AFTER AN HOUR, so that statement cannot be true seeing as it says 1 unlikely fact and one BS fact. Good day -reply by Edgar nelson

You don't know what you are talking about. The same protection can hurt you too. Sure rugby's a tough sport. In real football the toughest sport you can have a helmet parylize, break a knee cap, any place that isnt covered up by pads can be crushed by the same so called protection. Have a 300 lb lineman cut your legs out from underneath you with a metal helmet. See how you feel then, then talk. I played in a game where the running back got permanently parylized. Let me know what other sport that can happen in. Thought so. Football is physically the toughest sport, besides ultimate fighting. End of story Replying to DjLuki

Replying to khalood87Soccer is a girls sport you deutch. Anyone can run around in high heels, crying after someone trips them. These guys are wimps. Face it if any of these guys got in a fight with any of the football players they would be descimated. The physicality, and brutality of each play for american football is uncomparable to soccer. Soccer you run around forever PACING yourself. In american football each play is all out every play. Play the game then talk. Ive played both. So I really know which one is tougher. Without a doubt american football is better. So continue to watch your little buddies play footsie with each other. While I watch a mans sport.

Reply to all ignorant Soccer lovers that think they OWN the word FOOTBALLFootball Vs American Football

What you British soccer jerks refer to as American Football is called FOOTBALL because all goals are scored with a single "foot" not both feet, not the head or the knee, or the shin, or the *bottom*, but only the "foot".  The ball is merely advanced by throwing and catching with the hands to get in range for a kick with the "foot". The ball is advanced with the hands because it is more more accurate and more efficient than daintily rolling it along the ground with the tippy toes like a ballet dancer, which is practically impossible to do when the the other players are allowed to hit you. God gave real men hands for a reason, and real men are not afraid to get hit.  If Soccer allowed hitting and body contact, Soccer players would be picking the ball up as well.  This is why Americans respect "real" football players, and regard Soccer players as overgrown children, because they play a game designed for children. Soccer is called soccer, because the only gear that soccer players need are padded, knee-high "socks". Soccer is a silly name for a sport, but soccer is a silly children's game anyhow, so no one cares what it's called except Brits.  If anything, soccer should be referred to as BODYBALL, or TOEBALL, LEGBALL, BOOTBALL or even HEADBALL because in Soccer goals can be scored with someone's head which is silly for a game that claims to be called "football". I'd even accept FEETBALL, as most of the game involves rolling the ball around with both feet.  But never FOOTBALL,  The term Football should only be used for sports where goals must be scored with the kick of a single "foot", like Gridiron, Rugby, and Aussie rules.  Do British people technically consider the goaltender of a Soccer team a "football"er? considering he can play the ball with his hands? or does he play a different game? Soccer scores would likely be much higher if he could only use his toes and body like the other players.

OK this statement is more a crack bot then the others. First look at rugby full contact yet still no pads. But to stick with Football vs Futbol both sports have there exiting quality's. If you have actually been a player you would know this I played growing up and in collage both Football and Futbol and my career ending injury happened while playing Futbol when a double slide tackle snapped both my tibia and tibia bones. We as Americans are trained to be partial to Football and why is this cause its AMERICAN FOOTBALL most of us think that since it only a American sport and Futbol isn't that obviously its better. But in reality neither is better nor worse. Both can be fun to watch and play. I read people talking about the score some of the best Football games I have seen went into OT 0-0. Yes Futbol is more of a endurance sport then Football where Football is more contact. Another thing is the comment how scoring is done with one foot. You can score without one foot crossing the goal line so that throws that out the window

.American Football. Skill - 8/10..can u throw a ball 40-85 mph when theres a big guy trying to tackle u or catch a ball when u're running at full speed Strategy - 10/10..a lot of strategy..if u never see american football..u dont know.. Toughness - 8/10..u're running at full speed but theres a big guy running at full speed too thus..crash!! Suspense - 9/10..every play is important..4 downs..10 yards..4 quaters of game..timeouts Boredness - 2/10..like i said..every play is important..bored when u're team is losing.. .Football or Soccer.Skill - 10/10 ..definitely need skills Strategy - 5/10..just 1 strategy in 1 game Toughness - 2/10..lots of diving and moaningSuspense - 8/10..but only when penalty or trying to shot for a goal Boredness - 8/10..120 minutes..no goal..

i used to love soceer before i got introduced to football.soccer is a game that lacks a substantial amount of class. the players lack manners and just the decency to play a good game. its a disgrace to sport in general because it doesn't exceed at anything apart from making the players and everyone passionate about it look miserable.american football is a game of great passion and everything just happens the way its supposed to in sport. when someone gets injured, you know its for real not some phony act like whats rampant in soccer.in my opinion, football rules and as long as football doesn't evolve into a fair sport, its a crappy excuse for sport and wasting time.i used to love soceer before i got introduced to football.soccer is a game that lacks a substantial amount of class. the players lack manners and just the decency to play a good game. its a disgrace to sport in general because it doesn't exceed at anything apart from making the players and everyone passionate about it look miserable.american football is a game of great passion and everything just happens the way its supposed to in sport. when someone gets injured, you know its for real not some phony act like whats rampant in soccer.in my opinion, football rules and as long as soccer doesn't evolve into a fair sport, its a crappy excuse for sport and wasting time.

True, both entirely different sports.American football is brilliant, and so is 'soccer'.but uncomparable in fairness.AF is a slow tacticle sport, more like a battle of strategic moments to aquire a position.. like chess.HAVE YOU SEEN BIG *bottom* RUSSIAN SOCCER PLAYERS, THEY ARE MONSTERS, along with many other countries, so strength is not a comparison either, as atleast SCCR players dont take drugs.Soccer is fast, and non stop and more appreciated world wide as you can be any size, and be anybody, but find your place in the game.I watch AFootball many times at 4am in england and its good to watch, but its just not comparable in the same genre as soccer.