xisto Community
DjLuki

Football Vs American Football

Replying to khalood87 The only reason you wouldnt be able to be convinced is because you are a total stubborn and you probably feel good acting all tough. I think football is ok but american football is a great game to and if your just going to be ignorant shut up

-reply by bobby
Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Replying to iGuesttht is a truly ignorant answer greatly exaggerated for one thing and for another its easy to make a game sound pointless as you do but there is no way you'd stand a chance playing american football. I.E. I don't think this but you could say for football you just run around a big field and when the ball comes start hitting the ball towards the other way. Makes it sound easy but ik theres a ton of skill involved in football and there is in american football as well

I hadnt watched American Football that much, but have to say its format is similar to Rugby. Although obviously both types have different rules on how it is played.

Replying to Jon JonSeriously. Only the US plays american football. Shouldn't that speak for itself? Americans will rate this up till they die because it's an AMERICAN sport. Totally blind to all the better things out there.-reply by blunt

<a href=http://forums.xisto.com/topic/38930-football-vs-american-football/ to Jon Jon</a>
Seriously. Only the US plays american football. Shouldn't that speak for itself?

Americans will rate this up till they die because it's an AMERICAN sport. Totally blind to all the better things out there.

-reply by blunt

The same could be applied to Australian Rules Football if we use that logic on other local sports. But overseas some countries may play either American Football or Australian Football for example, obviously due to being introduced by ex-pats of those countries, for example. But every sport has a beginning, so obviously any new sports wont take off that fast, although its not possible for a sport to become popular in the future.

To be honest both sports are pretty different. Just because they have same names does not mean that the sports can be compared as such. American football is more about aggression as compared to football(soccer for americans) which is more about patience. However, if the question was rugby or american football, I am sure it would have led to a much stronger debate.

I tried watching american football once. When I flicked over all the players were all walking around, having a drink, not doing much etc., then they lined up ready to play. (sorry, I don't know the correct terms). One guy threw the ball back to another, he tried and fail to throw it forward and it went out. (about 5 seconds of action) Then they started walking around and have drinks again!! You have tackled one guy!! While nothing is happening, the clock is still running!! So in 5-10 mins I saw 5 seconds of actual play... So I can't see how they can say football is boring, and least we add time on for stoppages. If you prefer and game of tactics, skill, technique and team work over a 90+ minute period then watch football. If you prefer short bursts of action with people running into each other, watch american football!If you want something in-between, watch Rugby. simple :lol:

I personally play football (soccer as it's called in the states) and have played for almost my entire life. It is a great sport and keeps you in good shape. However, I typically do not enjoy watching a football game as much as I do an American football game. It can get sort of annoying though too because there are so many stoppages and timeouts in American football. I feel that people who play football are much better and more dedicated athletes than people who play American football.

They call it soccer in Australia as well due to the many type of "football" codes we have down under. Rugby and Australian Rules tend to be the more popular football codes here, depending on which australian state you live in. But as for American Football v Soccer, I enjoy watching both, but If I had to pick I'd go for Soccer ahead of American Football due to less stoppages in soccer.

The F�tbol Vs. American Football

I have played f�tbol(soccer to them american ignorants) since I was 5. And I have been in shape since then. But F�tbol is the best sport in the WORLD! Soccer needs stamina, and endurance, and football needs what, fat!! Thats not very healthy. Coming out of Pro American Football with arthiritus and die soon. How long can you play Pro Ame. Football huh?? IN F�tbol you can play pro until you at least 40. That is the longest. American Football is kinda retarded, big guys tring to prove who is fater? wow big deal, while in f�tbol, who has more skill, more endurance, and elegancy when they play. And who wants to watch a game that has plays lating 5-10 seconds, while in f�bol it is on average 80 minutes+ of nonstop action!!

-reply by Lobo

i hate soccer nfl is way better. i don't play nfl i play rugby but there similar. i hate sports where you can't tackle and you can't pick up the ball. thats why soccer is gay.

I certainly wouldn't call Soccer the 'Real Football'. If someone was to ask me, 'Did you watch last nights game of Footy?' I'd instantly think of our Football. Australian Rules Football. I don't have that much of a care for American Football or Soccer as they are not programs I watch on a regular basis.

You can't reasonably compare Football to Soccer.Football is a game where strength and team strategies are key to winning. You have to be able to physically hold off the opponent teamand then use your team strategy to slowly push up the field. Soccer however is all about agility and finesse, you can't use any physicalcontact at all for an advantage. So really they aren't comparable.

hey.......you can never ask such a question about these sports,because the answer is not specific....It depends on one's own liking and interest...for me it is football.....i don't watch American football...i don't even know all its rules, but i know even if i knew it..i would never have been able to judge these two....both are different..you can never say one is more athletic or technical than the other...it is just a matter of interest....I like soccer a lot because firstly i play it regularly...and American football is not popular in India....anyways both are great on their own grounds....

About American football and Real football.

"I was proud of what you all Football(soccer) players said".I love football not American football. I play and watch it every time. Most Americans are always behind in football(soccer) because most Americans have interest in their own football. They know that football(soccer) is better than the American football, they just can't admit it.There cultural sport is football so they don't want to let it down, so they fight to make it best sport. Its funny because Us is like 200 million in population and they try to say Football(soccer)is worst football when they know that 5 billion+ people watch and love football(soccer). FIFA is a multi billion dollar, sport board ever. So for those of you American football lovers, don't mess with the real football and keep your gridiron football conversation to your self.

-reply by Cristiano Ronaldo7