xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
braitt

Introducing Opera! The Fastest Web Browser On Earth! as they say..

I started using Opera when it was version 7 and I still am using it, even though since the Firefox 3 version, I also use Firefox to browse the web, but still my main browsing and all the wand passwords and cookies are on Opera, Opera got even better with this new engine on the version 9.6, but it's a little bit buggy, at least on XP, on Vista it seems I never got any problems with Opera yet..On Linux, when I used to it more often than Today, I tried to make my main browsing with Konqueror as it was really fast, but still I used to use Opera :)

Have you noticed that mostly geeks (the biggest Internet users) and newbies (the smallest Internet users) use Opera because it's good for both of them? Those who hate Opera are usually those in the middle, who demand features - features - features (and don't use them that much - I know as I was one of them), and they can't see that Opera has all of them hidden beneath the surface :) I am 100% sure that Opera is the best browser (the fastest, most feature full, with the best look) on the GNU/Linux platform and I won't switch it for anything. Opera is fast on Windows too but it should be used on regular and slower machines, but for now I think Chrome is the fastest on fast machines w/ fast connections and on the Mac it's Safari which should be used if you like speed and OmniWeb if you like the look, speed and features, and Opera if you like everything! :)

Weirdly enough IE is the only browser that works at the school-page after the computer-dude has blocked the internet - but when everything is open all the browsers work... not 100%, but they work. I have downloaded Chrome, Firefox and Opera. Chrome can not download things (I probably have the old version, have not bothered to download the old one...) Firefox is a mess sometimes (I love it at home though) and Opera is... well it has not got it all but it has everything I need and most importantly: It works at my computer. Yey.

I kinda like opera to be honest! Its one of the most fast, sleek and simple to use browsers available! Very clear, good space, awesome shortcuts, who wouldnt like opera? I know I do. Even though I use IE8 BETA2 most of the time, Opera is my second option

Well the topic is kind of misleading or rather the description of the topic since the Browser speed wars are between Firefox 3 and google Chrome. I believe Opera 10 A is in 4th place with Safari, Chrome and Firefox 3.1b2 in first, second and third place respectively and the latest bench marks prove that Opera is no longer the fastest browser in the world.

Well the topic is kind of misleading or rather the description of the topic since the Browser speed wars are between Firefox 3 and google Chrome. I believe Opera 10 A is in 4th place with Safari, Chrome and Firefox 3.1b2 in first, second and third place respectively and the latest bench marks prove that Opera is no longer the fastest browser in the world.

I can't agree....I don't believe in those benchmarks. After studying many benchmarks for different products(not just browsers, different types of softwares) I came to the conclusion that most of the benchmarks are the opinions of their respective reviewers(may be they are supporting their opinions by providing these benchmarks). If not...how can these benchmarks differ by reviewer? :)

And coming to this browsers issue....I can say Opera is the fastest of all(I had conducted my own benchmark :D ).

The speed of any browser doesn't mean how fast the browser downloads the page. It depends on many other issues like rendering the page, usability etc..Opera renders the page very very fast, And Usability is one of the important factor for me to decide Opera is the best.

For example take its inbuilt option..Mouse Gestures. It can make your internet experience much more easy...Usually I save lot of images from web..and with opera I can sve the images just by Ctr+Click. Very easy..to create a new tab ...duplicating the tab and many more. And another one is inbuilt Speed Dial feature. These features will save lot of your time...can't you call it speed? :D

I know I can get these functionalities in firefox by installing extensions..but installing many extensions make our browser worse...After installing some of these extensions my firefox is using lot of RAM. But with Opera..you can get most of these features without installing any extensions. Speed dial in google Chrome is worst. Actually we can't compare Chrome with these two browsers...Chrome is still a kid, lets take it into account after it became a fully featured browser. :)

I can write many other reasons to support Opera... but I'm stopping here as this post is getting larger... :(

Finally in my opinion Opera is the best of all..and my second choice is FireFox... :D

Well I know this is kind of an old topic, but here lately again I have been hearing people talk about opera. I get tired of IE sometimes with all the extensions and active x stuff you have to download when you go to sites. Just gets old after a while. I think I have always used IE except A long while back many years ago when Netscape Navigator was around. Since then Ive only used IE I tried Mozilla once and didnt care for it to much. I think I just may have to go and check out Opera and give it a try.

Yeah I have just started using Opera the theme has improved alot just like the speed, It is slow at loading this forum though (They need new servers or G-Zip).

I am using it now, there are several things you can do with this browser. The bittorrent application on the browser is still kinda slow, i use utorrent for my torrents but the browser is still great, although i do use the bittorrent applacation on small files

After past experiences, never using opera again - but its ok if your the average person who uses the internet for accounting and playing flash games.With me, it had to much graphics on there, and my computer is slow anyway - so it didn't really have a nice match with eachother :D

After past experiences, never using opera again - but its ok if your the average person who uses the internet for accounting and playing flash games.
With me, it had to much graphics on there, and my computer is slow anyway - so it didn't really have a nice match with eachother :D

I think Opera is not that much resource hungry...and definitely uses low resources than Firefox. If you are not using it to save your resources then which browser you prefer most?

After past experiences, never using opera again - but its ok if your the average person who uses the internet for accounting and playing flash games.

Average surfers are better off using Internet Explorer, Opera is for pro surfers who need time saving features, cutomisability and easy user accessiblity. Thats all what I can say after using Opera for more than 4 years as of now.

I think Opera is not that much resource hungry...and definitely uses low resources than Firefox. If you are not using it to save your resources then which browser you prefer most?

Actually you have a point there - i did have firefox at the time, and it was my main browser. I shall reinstall it on my desktop (fresh hdd) to see if its any better.

But since i have been converted to linux there is no need really to use Opera - maybe theres an Opera for ubuntu but i'd rather stick to Firefox (:

@pasten

Yeah you are right too :D

My parents use IE and i moan at them all the time lol - they do their banking on it and i was going through the security-lacking Internet Explorer has, eventually they gave in and my dad now uses firefox :D

But yeah, every body i guess uses IE :D - Maybe when people realise that there are much better browsers out there, then maybe microsoft will consider a redesign (:

yeah its fastest but mozilla is also just like opera.i will say opera has high downloading speed than mozilla and also very attractive view than mozilla,but as everyone says mozilla rocks so i will also say that only but man opera also rocks