xisto Community
unicornrose

Are We Living A Game? With the Sims and other similar games you gotta wonder sometimes.

I dunno but I always thought that fate could be adapted, as if you do a certain choice you align with that "road" of fate, and if you take the other choice you align with the other "road" of fat. Do you understand this or shall I go into more detail??

I've thought about this sort of thing ever since I watched the dotHack series, but in that one, Tsukasa realizes that he's in the game, so it's not quite the same. But still, it got me to thinking, what it would be like, could it happen, has it already happened, but we just don't know it.Since then, I've gotten pretty heavy into an RPG, and sometimes I start thinking that I'd want to be able to "really" be in the game, because it's easier than life, but than like others have said, there are always glitches, and lagging, and the dreaded waiting for things to respawn.But then, it's hard to say what is real and what is not. Who's to say that the technology isn't there to create something this massive. Maybe just in our "game" is it not created yet. That way, we wouldn't suspect that it's possible, when truth is, it might be more than possible.As for the people mentioning religion.... then yes, that could somewhat relate too, but I wouldn't want to think that there is a god out there that would subject us to everything that we face in our particular "game". There's just too much bad stuff going around, and if he truly is the almighty and powerful being that can do anything that he desires, then wouldn't he desire to make things better?This is a crazy topic once you get down and think about it, and now I've really got to thinking about it, so I'm not sure where it's going to lead me lol...Oh, I just had a thought, well, someone said, that we couldn't be like the SIMS, because we have a will of our own, and someone couldn't just click the fridge, and make us hungry... but then as I type this, I just got a hunger pain. Could it be that someone just clicked my fridge? Or is it more like those little Tamagotchi things from when I was younger, that the pet would need to be fed every so often, or it would get hungry.Granted it's up to me to decide if I'm actually going to go feed myself in the end, but I know that if I don't eat, I'll get hungrier and hungrier and then eventually starve. Or will I really? I don't know that for a fact, I've never seen it happen to myself, or someone else. I see it all the time on the television, where those poor people from around the world don't have enough to feed themselves, but that could have just been programmed into the game as well. As a motive to eat.There's too much that could be questioned about everything... so I think for my sanity, at least for now, I'm going to take this at face value. If it is a game - it's my game, and I'm stuck with it, so I might as well do what I can to make it better.

I don't think we are in a game. I personally believe we are here only to learn, that's why God doesn't make things easier on us. When you go through something hard, or painful, you are learning an immense amount, and becoming stronger. If everything were easy, we wouldn't need to learn, we could just sit around and do nothing. I know we can make our own choices, and those choices will make a difference in our lives. There's not someone controlling us, though there's always things pushing you one way or another. Ultimately, it's up to you what you do with your life. You can choose to live in the streets, knocking over stores to eat, or you can choose to make it to the top and live in a huge mansion with servants serving you top-rate 6 course meals, your choice.

Edited by Sharn (see edit history)

Sometimes it feels like that, but we always have choices as to what we do, however some situations that a thrown at us are for a reason and then something good comes out of a bad situation, if you get what I mean.I like other people believe sometimes that there is something or someone out there that is throwing things at us, but meh thats just me.

Don't think so, but that is craqzy if we are and we can like activate codes and struff to get the things we want, but we will findout when we get more into the game that the game iteself is so much moire funnier if we play it truthfully without any cheats involved. No, lol. I do not htink we ware some people play games when they cheat on loved ones, or when yo ucheat on test then yes you could say you are playing a game then, but naturally I do not htink we will ever be because life itself cannot be played like tha. Cool idea and innocation and I respe ct that but to me it is not relao r cannot happen because gOD did not intend to make like playable as a game, but to live life as you would like to be in it!

hi friends,this is quiet an interesting topic...this topic is there on the forum for quiet some time now but i got to see it today only......the number of new ideas, concepts and theories generated by this topic is amazing........sometimes i too feel that maybe we are enacting some pre-written scripts and some one else is, in any way, trying to make us do something....when i am alone and i have nothing to do, at that time i think sometimes i really think deep about it...its like i start from surface and slowly and slowly my imagination takes me up and up and up in the sky and to a point from where i can see the whole earth and see almost ant like humans busy with their daily works...then sometimes i feel that we are like machanically doing something with no specific goal or something like that...i don't know...actually i can't explain myself...but at that point of time i feel that we fight for small pieces of land or other petty issues...we steal, we rob and we do all kind of bad things.... but for what...when all of us know that when we die we will not be taking away anything with us...at that point i feel that maybe we are in a game or something like matrix and we are doing all this stuff to make the game exciting...i don't know...but when i start dwelling deep in this topic i feel too lonely and lost...by the way i am sorry to change the mood of the topic a little bit...but it's my thoughts...once i would like to say that the topic is too good and we can get quiet a few important answers if we dwell upon the question seriously..ok bye....keep writing..

That's one interesting theory... We all could be in the Matrix right now, just thinking we post in this forum while we sit in a soup full of nutriments. Or better yet, the world might be a computer software designed to replicate life, just like in the movie "The 13th Floor". It presents the same theory. People make a computer software that simulates life and the in process they discover that themselves are only raws of 0 and 1 in another computer software. A world in another and in another and another one... just like a Matruska.I don't believe in that theory for one simple reason... why would someone that makes a game (or software) to simulate life input such a theory in our minds. Just because we consider this impossible theory is the proof that we are not apart of such a game.Still, it would be great to have the superpowers Neo has in the Matrix :lol: Mr. Anderson, welcome back! We missed you! ...

Life sometimes does feel like a game with the events that happen. But you got to remember that games are based on life. Life isn't based on games. If we were in a game, who is controlling us. If anyone is. How come we don't know we are playing a game? In games we normally play as a charater and go though their adventure. If life was a game, whos adventure are playing? Ourselves? To be honest, it is stupid to think we live in a game, only reason to belive that is to distance you real life from real life. To escape the everyday problems we have. If you belive life is a game, then you will see no point to life, as it is all just a game. Well I got news for you, life is REAL!

Perhaps we're living in a game where we decide what we do but not what happens to us. Don't you wonder why no one can find a formula to figure out the lotto numbers? Why do there seem to be so many coincidences? What decides who gets kidnapped, shot, and killed while other people never see that kind of violence in their lives?Most of all, why would the creator of this game answer our questions? It would probably take the fun away from him / her if we could talk to him / her? And who's to say we wont get punished for asking questions? Maybe we may get rewarded?

When you said "Are We Living In A Game?" I was like laughing, saying, "This guy is soooo confused!!Hahahaahahahaha!" But now I think... Oh my god, you're right, are we living in a game??

That is a SCARY thing to think about. Because the Sims, they don't know they're being controlled. So naturally, we wouldn't either. It seems certainly possible.

But then, think sense. It is so impossible. What an absurb idea! How could that really be happening??

So the answer to your question, sensibly, is no. But thats just the sensible way. As for myself, here's what I think: I don't know....

heh i used to always joke that life is just a huge MMORPG that we are really just so addicted to, we forgot about the real life, and millions of people are just spending all their time infront of the computer playing this game. And the username of the creator of this game? God of course!Its perfect! It solves all the questions!lol

Well I also think that we live in the video game however I started thinking so after movie matrix. Because it is really possible that we are somehow trapped inside some sort of shell and living our lives in this game. But until someone escapes and lives to tell about that I am still living this life as only one.

Would it make any difference if life was a game or something else? We humans would never have thought ofor saw or heard about a big system controlling the universe. We don't know how would a thing be designedor how many of those "big machines of life" are out there. No matter what you call it, it still would besomething unique, never seen before. It can't be compared to anything, because there has beennothing similar to it.Nothing has ever been on such a large scale, so comparing it to anything would be a bad comparison.I guess that is why I continue onward in life thinking that I can influence it, what other choice do I have?Even if life was a game, nothing would have changed except what we think of life. Life would stillhave the same rules, punishments, rewards, and challenges.On an off topic note, these forums are so thought-provoking. I love it here.

Are We Living A Game?-all people that belive in god know that isn't really a game , but it's an exam that we have to pass , for who got good marks will go to heaven and other who have a bad marks will go to hell .... there are somthing sure is that we have choice on doing things but not in destiny .. mmm ... not clear ... ok here the example :when u are in street u have the choice to go where u want but if your destiny is to die after 1 min u will be , maybe by a car, a piano falling down from an appartement or just by a stoping of heart.-and one more thing is that u can get marks from what u do and not from what is ur destiny.exemple:if u get ur hand cuted by an accident this is a destiny u don't get any thing but if u re-act :Possobility 1 : my hand is cut i can't work i have nothing to do in live i will kill my self => here u get a bad mark and if u kill your self u drop the life that god gives u and maybe u go directly to hell .... i hope not .Possobility 2 : my hand is cut ... mmm . but live still moving ,i have to work harder even i don't have a hand i will prouf my utility in live => here u get a good mark and if u do it maybe u can help the humanity on your way. so from all this i think life is a test and destiny is exercices and we have to pass them good to get good marks ( that mean going to heaven after dyeing).yea i know it's long , ;)