xisto Community
unicornrose

Are We Living A Game? With the Sims and other similar games you gotta wonder sometimes.

But what if hypothetically speaking that some system which controls us or uses us or plays with us whatever you can imagine. What if someone eludes the system and gets himself free or breaks the programming and just like in matrix bends the spoon. So he would maybe be able to live eternally or at least until patch is installed ;)

:unsure: I really enjoy games like The Sims where I can control the environment and what the people do. Its kind of freaky though how sometimes my own life correlates with that game a little too much. Just like the Sims or any other simulator game I have a certain amount of freedom to do what I want. But every once in a while I feel like I am being forced into circumstances that I can not stand or seemingly have no control over. It sometimes feels like I am being directed what to do.
Sometimes I wonder just how much of our lives do we really have control over. There is so much in our environment and lives that has an influence on what we do, say and act on. I occasionally wonder if we are a bunch of pawns on someones chess board. LOL

I am not sure if anyone else remembers the movie Tron? Well that was a movie about people who were forced to live a game while someone else was controlling them and did not know it. Freaking amazing concept for the time. I was very facinated by the idea. There have been other movies that have used games as a way to control people's lives. Last Starfighter used a video game to find the last starfighter pilot to save the world lol.

Anything that involves the possibility of someone or something else controling us facinates me. I think that the Sims is very much the closest to that feeling most people get sometimes. Its weird really how we can be controlled by outside influences. LOL

Ever wonder why games conflict and relate to our real lives sometimes? Because games are based on real lives like ours that's how they come up with the idea of these types of games really. The game is about living a life and controlling sims. I seriously don't think we are living a game. But i do have a theory of whether or not we are perhaps a social experiment of a different race thats more advanced then us

Ever wonder why games conflict and relate to our real lives sometimes? Because games are based on real lives like ours that's how they come up with the idea of these types of games really. The game is about living a life and controlling sims. I seriously don't think we are living a game. But i do have a theory of whether or not we are perhaps a social experiment of a different race thats more advanced then us

Well both is possible and the thing that we might be computer program that is that we are living a game it is feasible if you look they have emotions and so on they can die they can love and maybe we are in the similar computer program it is just that we can't see it nor we can understand it and this is biggest problem.

It would be the same if we would look to the end of the universe and we cannot understand it.

yeah damn well it would look like that. A game being played by a supreme being. Wonder why people die en masse. Like accidents, suicide bombers

You make an extremely interesting point.

However, you also have to consider that games are based on life. Can life really be compared to anything else?

What else is out there that is as big as life? I really don't know because I'm not talking just about Earth,

but our whole Universe with other lifeforms ( come on, our universe is so massive, life can't have just been

created only once ) and the massive swirling galaxies rushing away from eachother, etc.

Because I really don't know what to think, I like the idea that I'm playing myself. It kinda fits in sort of.

After all, you get to make choices, but you don't always get the result that you wanted. However,

even this theory is flawed as games are based on life so you have to make choices and everything.

I don't think that we will ever figure this out. Even if we travel to another galaxy and go everywhere that's

possible, I don't think that humans will ever be able to figure what really is going on here.

Yes that is true I think that we live in the game it just depends what game and how are the rules set but the Sims or Game Sims is certainly one of the aspects in which this might happen that in which someone plays with us. I hope that we will figure this out of that alleged Neo will come for us and save us however we probably want know ever ever.

Hmm...ive never thought of life to be like a game before. This does remind of times where things happen that i have no control over, it kinda makes me feel weak in a way knowing that someone or somthing has total control over you and you cant do anything about it.....very annoying if you think about it enough.

Yeah, I have thought of life to be pretty similar to a sims game. It wouldn't be surprising to find out that our whole life and being was a game controlled by someone with greater power, that is, if our life was a game. But then it would be possible that if we are living in a game, then the people playing the game could be living in game too? It's kind of weird and scary picturing that everything in your life happened because someone made it happen.

We are living in a game in where God and the devil fight for the controls. Think about it. God protects people. The closer you are to him, the less likely some disaster will happen to you. (No one can tell how close someone is, so if you're going to say you met a Christian that was tortured and murdered, then remember that.)

Sometimes I get this feeling. I think many people have had this feeling. Maybe this is what enlighten the writer of "Matyx" that says Neo lived in a big game.But that's only a feeling, we have no any evidence for it. And if you say we are living in a big game, that everyone in the game is the player who controling himself I think.

Has anyone seen the stargate atlantis episode "The Game" well if you haven't here is some info on how this episode fits in with this topicThe ancients built satellites that relay "Information" to these recievers so that they could tell the people what to do, this was done as social experiment to see which way creates a technological race first. The controllers were called "The Oracle" that would give the people commends on what to do.Now lets modify this a bitWhat if the "Oracle" is lets just say God? well instead of giving us direct commands through a interface device, what if he/she influences us through ways we don't understand. And we might be forced to fight against another "Oracle" or a "Thing" that is trying to let us know that we are being controlled indirectly by something through a nueral link?

Has anyone seen the stargate atlantis episode "The Game" well if you haven't here is some info on how this episode fits in with this topicThe ancients built satellites that relay "Information" to these recievers so that they could tell the people what to do, this was done as social experiment to see which way creates a technological race first. The controllers were called "The Oracle" that would give the people commends on what to do.
Now lets modify this a bit
What if the "Oracle" is lets just say God? well instead of giving us direct commands through a interface device, what if he/she influences us through ways we don't understand. And we might be forced to fight against another "Oracle" or a "Thing" that is trying to let us know that we are being controlled indirectly by something through a nueral link?

But what is the interface device? A black hole or something else?

If there is a Oracle, he/she should be a common mankind. In that way, story could be continue.

Sometimes I feel like that like ive always wondered if we really were living a game. Because ever since the sims came out my life has felt like a game.Like how you have things in your life that feel like someone told it to happen or you only have certin control over your decisions.