xisto Community
unicornrose

Are We Living A Game? With the Sims and other similar games you gotta wonder sometimes.

Oh come on, life is not a game. Life is just nothing more than... [paused]*beep*CrapoArtworks has leveled up!*beep*Strength increased!*beep*Intelligence increased!*beep*Hit points increased!*beep*[unpaused] .....I stand corrected. :)

We can't, but the concept doesn't have any solid proof backing it, and personally, I only believe things that can be/have been scientficially proven.As for the bugs, lag, etc. I wouldn't say that the world we live in is completely bug/lag-free. A lot of wierd things happen that cannot be explained, which could be bugs, and as for lag, it has been proven that in tense situations, time seems (note: seems) to slow down for the person in said situation (in a test, a counter displaying numbers that changed too rapidly for a human to see were made to bungee-jump backwards off a bridge while staring at the clock and during the fall they managed to make out the numbers).

I have often asked myself the question. If your looking at it from a gaming stand point, life is a sim. The only difference between real life and a game is that, the punishments in real life are alot worse than in a game.

Depends. I don't get hacked to bits in real life, nor do I have to stand as a one-man army with all the forces of evil coming for me alone.Seriously, though, games are based off reality (in essence), so that is why games are like a milder version of reality. They help us forget how much reality sucks (in some cases) or how great the imagination can be.

Hmm...ive never thought of life to be like a game before. This does remind of times where things happen that i have no control over, it kinda makes me feel weak in a way knowing that someone or somthing has total control over you and you cant do anything about it.....very annoying if you think about it enough.

Well, it would be best if people did not, as a majority, consider life to be a video game. If they do, they may try some very odd things and blame the "Great Gamer" for forcing them to do said deeds.I think I smell a religion.

I sometimes think that aliens with high intelligence and great technologies are controling us.... (lol pray to the aliens and see if it works...)

the guy whos sitting at his computer running my life from his computer game is really skrewing me over. And I hope he's reading this.... i mean serously... at least try to do good at the game..Now to find cheat codes for real life...lol <_<

Unless the universe is a whole lot larger that we'd imagined it, I'd say it is pretty hard to believe we're elements of a game. For one, assuming that the state of every particle in our universe in "stored" in some kind of memory, then this super-universe would have to be infinitely larger than ours. Even just assuming 1-superAtom to 1-particle ratio in storing data, it'd still be... I dunno how to decribe it 'coz BIG doesn't even begin to approximate it.However, if this super-universe (meaning our "controller's" universe) operates outside our laws of physics, for example by using magic, or a totally different set of laws, then it might be possible.As a kid, I've always wondered if the stars I see at night are actually composed of the same atoms as everything else or if those were just programmed on the night sky, on telescope lenses and on radio telescopes. It'd be somewhat like The Matrix or The Truman Show <_<However, if the universe itself is, indeed, a game, perhaps the players are the denizens of it themselves. I, for one, believe that I play myself and, using various tools at my disposal, I also have an ability to "play" or influence other people's lives. The reverse is also true, I can be played for a fool, played up, played down or made to run hither and thither at the whims of other people.

Lol, this is getting too close to the matrix!I once had an idea, after watching The Truman Show, that I was living in a TV series and i was being watched, and everytime me and my family went on holiday abroad, we would just fly around in circles, and eventualy the "set" where I live would change to the holiday village or whatever. But as I grew older and more wiser, I noticed things like: The internet would be to big to replicate for a TV series, people would try to contact me, like on The Truman show, to tell me it was all fake and that I would be boring to watch on TV as i don't do much <_<Sorry for spelling ^^^ it's early and my eyes arn't focusing properly!

There is this book but I've forgoten the who the author is. The book is called "The Game Of Life And How To Play It". Maybe you have heared of this book. When you are born the game starts. When life gets tough it is just an obstacle you must overcome. You then progress to the next level of maturaty or what ever you want to call it. When you die it is game over. Remember you only get one life which you start the game with so look after it.