xisto Community
Kubi

The So Called "bestwebhost.com" A hoax?

Well first I'd like so say that I've never used this host, and never will;

http://bestwebhost.com/

here's the story;

I was driving down the road, west side of town(the slums), and noticed a building, it was called BestWebHost.Com. My first impression was, "Ya, right". So once I got home I checked it out. Got to there website and it was horrible on the eyes. It was obviously hardcoded, and hardcoded very BADLY. Not profesional at all. I noticed they charged 10 dollars a MONTH for hosting, so I'm thinking to myself "Wow, it better be good". After a few minutes of clicking the hosting package button, then realizing the page just changes at the bottom, not the top, wow, never noticed that. YOU ONLY GET 12MB OF DISK SPACE! Ya, that's right, 12mb's of disk space and 25 email accounts, for 10 bucks a month. Isn't that ridiculous? After further inspection and scrolling down the page, I noticed a 200mb package, about the equivilent of Xisto, but with more email accounts, and well...more everything. 30 Dollars. Ya, that's right, you're getting free here, what you could be paying 30 dollars for somewhere else.

Now, I don't know much about the specs of a webserver, or what they should consist of to be considered "Good", but here's theres;

Dual XEON SCSI Processors

with Hyperthreading

Genuine Intel® Xeon ***CPU 2.40GHz

4 CPU's (2 virtual)

2 GB RAM*

2 GB Swap

Cent OS 3.5 i686 (Linux)

Apache Version 1.3.33 (Unix)

**Perl Version 5.8.4

PHP Version 4.3.10

Mysql Version 4.0.24-standard

phpMyAdmin 2.5.6

Exim "email"

Pure-ftpd

*Isn't that how much a gaming computer in an internet cafe has?

**From the start to the end, all outdated. Xisto offers more up-to-date versions of all those.

***My computer, my 3 year old computer, is a 2.6GHz.

All I can really say is, never use this host. It seems so horrible! You can get 10x more disk space FOR FREE here, or you can pay 10dollars a month, your choice. I know I'll never get hosted by these guys.

If you have been hosted by them before, share your experience please!

Haha... it now says $9.99 a month... I can see how... uhh, unprofessional the site looks. The specs aren't too great. 10 bucks for something like that? No way... I would rather spend my 10 bucks a year for a lot of domain names than pay it monthly for such hosting. :/

That site has bad layout, bad graphics and bad products.I mean at Xisto, I can get those for free, as long as I post in the forum. Why pay ##.## dollars?Thier servers are not powerful either. And I sure doubt 99.9% Uptime.Site/product/service: NOT RECOMMENDED!

haha, it seems to me that they designed the site in Microsoft Frontpage :rolleyes:anyway, as far as design is concerned, it is always important to have a good design because it will never give a good impression to the visitor and same is the case over here...most of us are unsatisfied because we didnt like the design.Next, important thing is the plan - their plans are so horrible that even the most dumb person on the internet will not go for those plans. They are charging so much! I think someone will need to suggest them a better RE-SELLER ;)The only thing which is in their favour is their domain name - you simply dont get those kind of domain names on the internet. I mean, that is the only thing which I liked about this site :lol:

The scary thing is they seem to have been in business for quite a while. Assuming this is true of course.

1998, 1999, 2000 , 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Copyright Best Web Host Inc.

And to think people complain about having to post to here get better than what these people offer for FREE!
Edited by Avalon (see edit history)

The only thing which is in their favour is their domain name - you simply dont get those kind of domain names on the internet. I mean, that is the only thing which I liked about this site :rolleyes:

1998, 1999, 2000 , 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Copyright Best Web Host Inc.

1. I find it easier/faster/SAFER to buy my domains from 1and1, and I believe they offer the same thing for 6.99 a month.

2. Couldn't they just say 1998-2005 Copyright ect ect ect.? I mean, we know which years come between 1998 and 2005, we don't need them helping us through that, do we?

I think that this webhost is either very old and has not recently been updated or it is ran by someone who is trying a get rich quick idea without wanting to put forth any time or effort. I saw the site and it is very awful. I bet it hasn't been updated in years and its just some guy running a webhosting service using the DSL line in his apartment.

Edited by wariorpk (see edit history)

Lol it does look badly coded. The colors and all don't even match: red, blue, biege, pink? If youre going to use those colors why not just use them unwanted colors like yellow, green, teal and other neon colors? Atleast they're pretty. Their site is soo unattrative looking by the first glance I thought the site was full of advertisements. There are some big fonts and some little... talk about unorganized... :rolleyes:

Wow. Horrible layout for the website, I agree. Not to mention those prices are rediculous... you can get 2Gigs of webspace for that much some places.

But their server is decent.

***My computer, my 3 year old computer, is a 2.6GHz.

But their server, according to the stats you quoted, has 2 processors which makes it about 5GHz in total, and 2 virtual processors but I'm not sure how those work. It's probably less than 5GHz cuz they're working together, though.

Lol i very much dout they'd get much business, people who buy web space generally look for proffessional hosting company's and after looking at there site it seems they are not, its obviouse they rnt proffessional and wont give you the support you need, as they couldnt even be bothered putting the time and effort into making there own site, and as u say the plans r crap anyway. Only a total total web noob would go for that tbh.

The most ugly website design I've seen in recent years. If those kind of website design were around in 1996, may be it can be acceptable. And what a name and the url. The guy behind the website is brilliant in getting the website but he seems to lack skills to execute in building his site. It will be still acceptable if this website belongs to a country where very few people use internet but in a country like United States where Yahoo, Google, MSN and others flourish such website are nothing but disappointing. The worst, sorry website I've seen. Lolz.And the the hosting packages, horrible - much like the website design. Approximately US $10 for just 12MB package is the most costly webhosting package I've ever seen and heard of.However, one must praise them for being able to run such webhosting company and website with that kind of website and hosting packages. May be they are strong in advertisement and convincing people that their service is reliable.

Edited by Dragonfly (see edit history)

That website design is so 1990's, especially the background. I'm guessing that the web site has not been updated since the 1990's either. I also agree that $10 webhosting with a paltry 12 Mb of storage is like a joke. Just go here, get more for free, or Xisto - Web Hosting even, or 1&1 - anything's better. But this is one of few hosts thay have their contact information displayed somewhat prominently; at the bottom of each page is pretty good.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

Top reason to buy from them:

Best Web Host, Inc. is an American Companyrun by Americans in the United States of America

OH great, who doesn't want his website to be hosted by people who care so much about their nationality?

Look al the great comments on this webhost http://bestwebhost.com/clientcomments.htm ;p

Very funny host indeed, I guess they actually have a lot of customers who found their website in the past and are still there..

Talk about back in the 90s... if this was the 90s, then the design would be considered acceptable, but wow... shocking as. I'm guessing they havent updated the background and navigation of the website since the 90s.As for the plans lets not go there... even a n00b would go for a provider with ads before that mob..

Edited by arnz (see edit history)