xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blacklaser

Thepiratebay.org Raided - Servers Seized

I use PirateBay pretty often and I don't know what problems others have had with it, but I think it the the best tracker today. As you can see the laws of Sweden are pretty, let's say, liberal since it took them so much just to take their server down... and they're not even sure if anything bad has happened.But as they also say I'm sure they will be back online within a few hours :rolleyes:

Bittorents are the worst thing ever invented. Ive tried to download things before using bittorent, but I have never once been successful downloading something using bittorent. Why do people use it? I have no idea....why.....

To make sure you actually can download something with bittorrent:

1. Use Azereus, uTorrent, Bittornado, or even Opera 9's client. The original bittorrent client on bittorrent.net does not support UDP which is used by many trackers.

2. Look at the number of seeders if using any tracker except the pirate bays. If there are seeders, you can download. The pirate bay never shows the correct number of seeders.

If you do so you can have a successful download.

I use PirateBay pretty often and I don't know what problems others have had with it, but I think it the the best tracker today. As you can see the laws of Sweden are pretty, let's say, liberal since it took them so much just to take their server down... and they're not even sure if anything bad has happened.

But as they also say I'm sure they will be back online within a few hours

I don't use the pirate bay anymore because there are always torrent newbs that never seed to 100%, which is a courtesy that keeps the torrent alive. People at Demonoid, and Isohunt are much more courteous.

I read that they'd just move their servers to a new country if it turned out what they were doing was illegal in Sweden. Try North Korea; I'm sure they're not going to bow down to any pressure from a US organisation like the RIAA any time soon.

lol.. actually north korea is under pressure from the US, china, south korea and japan right now to disband their nuclear project. I'm pretty sure they don't want anymore trouble than what they have now. Even if they weren't under pressure by the US, i doubt they would want to waste bunch of money to start a server just to let people download illegal contents while 1/3 of their population are dying from hunger.

Well, I didnt know it is swedish, but thepiratebay is a very popular site. I have used it only a couple of tiomes because I don?t use torrents too much. Not because torrents are bad. If you download a torrent when it?s active, the speed rate will be awesome. But seeds are not there forever... so you must be fast sometimes.I don?t think North Korea really cares about what the US say about them. Not in the nuclear thing and even less in piracy. :rolleyes:

Yeah, ThePirateBay can never get shut down, they'll always come back up somehow. :lol:Now they said they'll be coming back up in a different country. I knew they would come back up, I mean, its TPB. They have legal letters posted on their website, and they answer it with witty comment about Swedish law. :rolleyes:

I've used Bittorent for a long time now. i have used piratebay a few times. Since the closing of Surpernova I tried their exeem product. i didn't like it at all due to it taking so long to download something. So i started to use Piratebay. i'm sure they will be up in no time. they should try S. Korea or malaysia.

Yeah this funny. I never used piratebay either because leechers and no seeders. Man why dont people like to seed. Even if its 3kbs... wow It sucks when people dont share for what they stole. I am downloading a fansub of anime and its hard when there is no seeders. And piratebay wont be offline forever...

I've been to PirateBay yesterday. I decided to go there after seeing it in Google. I was looking for something. Since I read this thread beforehand, I decided to check it out. Apparently, it's still online. Everything seems to be working fine as if nothing happened. One thing's for sure. They can't stop piracy altogether. It will always be there like butterflies around flowers...

I've been to PirateBay yesterday. I decided to go there after seeing it in Google. I was looking for something. Since I read this thread beforehand, I decided to check it out. Apparently, it's still online. Everything seems to be working fine as if nothing happened. One thing's for sure. They can't stop piracy altogether. It will always be there like butterflies around flowers...

I think its quite difficult to shut the Bay down for several reasons:
1) I think in Sweden they have quite liberal laws and I'm sure the Bay admins know the law quite well as they have even published letters threatening to shut them down but failed so I guess they did do their homework.

2)I'm sure the Bay is not just run by a few people in 1 country but they are a network of people in several countries but now just happen to host their site in Sweden, how difficult is it really to create a mirror of the Bay in say China or Nigeria. I'm sure its not that easy to shut down sites in these countries where piracy is actually treated as "the norm"

3)Besides even if they do manage to punish the Bay, I'm sure it would come back in a different skin perhaps using another name or even worst news for the piracy police in the form of another p2p programme that is even harder to trace.

This was a big thing in sweden last week - since i live in sweden i really recognize the lacks of the swedish polce. I mean 50 men vs 2 geeks - C'mon !? And the fact that the owners of the pirate bay might get a promotion just because of the fatal mistake that the police made is just a waste of tax money. TRust me guys - never move to Sweden - EVER!At the moment the pirate bay moved its servers to the Netherlands - Hopefully Hollywood wont mess this thing up for us =) -

Wow, it is up again. lol. The internet is an unstoppable force.

lol.. actually north korea is under pressure from the US, china, south korea and japan right now to disband their nuclear project. I'm pretty sure they don't want anymore trouble than what they have now. Even if they weren't under pressure by the US, i doubt they would want to waste bunch of money to start a server just to let people download illegal contents while 1/3 of their population are dying from hunger.

NK's leader is retarded so he really isn't doing much to help his country from the dirty conditions and starvation. South Korea is trying to fix the problem for them. Sad. KJI needs to die already.
Edited by ibsu (see edit history)

Many sites have been down since the police started to "hunt" those trackers... And not only public ones such Suprnova (the biggest tracker I've ever noticed), torrentit has also closed and it was closed... I feel bad because of torrentit... It was my favorite... Skin was awesome... and contents / users / staff... no complainings... Nowadays I use only closed trackers... I don't like to use public ones... many problems... Have you guys read what really happened to suprnova? The owner wrote a letter after he got out of jail... It was chocking... If you haven't, I suppose his letter is still at suprnova.org... Take a look at it...

This is another example of the Global Media Machine grasping at its last hope for protected monopolies. The fact is that a power shift is in progress. Impending obsolesence is the fear that drives these Crack Downs.Not to mention that most of these companies are in the US and we here all know whos side the Government is on. Some Sites will break the law to generate clicks and ad revenue, however we cannot let the Feds throw out the baby with the bathwater. Look at how the powers that be use any little excuse (real or contrived to take the overreaching actions we see on the news all day long).Yes the artists/authors need to profit from good work in order to keep the good stuff comming.However, the companies raising a stink and demanding criminal action are AGENTS of those Artists whos work we enjoy. This MIDDLEMAN has shaped the market to suit its own needs (Profit Profit Profit!!!).The actual creators of the material in question make a fraction of what the MiddleMan does. (by carful design) cutting them out means more for the creator at lower per/unit costs for us.Is it coincidental that the very infrastructure they fight is the one that allows artists/authors direct access to the markets previously dominated by Big Media. True Indie = Power to the CreatorPirate Everything from these Market Shapers and kill them where they live.

Won't affect me. I hardly use it since there is too many leechers on there. Good luck to them if they're going to get back on since they dont actually host the files and so forth.