xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amir691

Apple Patents Music That Play According To Your Mood

Apple the most innovated company in the world. They made some of the coolest computers and entertainment gears. They are alwasy doing something amazing, the most recent amazing thing they have done is they have patneted mood music. It means exactly what it says. This new type of music adjusts the beat and speed based on the current mood of the listener. This is a very cool yet crazy idea. Though it is apple and we can't underestimate them. The big question how in the world are they gonna determine the mood of of a person, sure they could monitor hear rate, body heat and such stuff, but that a lot equipment. and not to mention the amazing piece of software its gonna take to play according to the mood. The algorithem is going to be one of the most complex software algorithems ever created. My opinion is this thing won't be out until 5 years from now. This has never been done before and i am glad that Apple is doing it because they always do everything right. thanks appleany comments

Do you have a link to the news story or info on this? I'd love to see more on what it's about. Some of the patents these days are ridiculous though, and leads to unneccesary restrictions in industries. I don't think Apple needs another market monopoly.Apple certainly does have some good ideas - but in no way do they do everything right. In fact, I'd say it's only recently they've started to do "right" again, with the introduction of the Ipod and some of their newer iBooks proving to be both popular and efficient products.

This new type of music adjusts the beat and speed based on the current mood of the listener

The music track speeds up and down based on your mood? So that means that every so often it will sound like the singer's on helium and the other time really weird because the music will be played at 30% of the correct speed. Why would you want that?

Another expensive yet pointless gizmo for everyone to buy and review in my opinion. But nonetheless if it does actually work then in could be what everybody uses ten years from now.

Anyways I found the orginal article. It's here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32008

[hr=shade].[/hr]

EDIT: Doesn't the orginal article state that the music is programmed to adjust your mood, not that your mood controls the music.

ENTERTAINMENT gear maker Apple has patented a device which controls the speed of music to affect the mood and behaviour of the user during an activity such as exercise.

But you state:

This new type of music adjusts the beat and speed based on the current mood of the listener

Which one is it?

[hr=shade].[/hr]

Well if it's the former one, not the latter then it will still be interesting to buy. It could well become a standard feature of the iPod.

It seems more useful and it could help lots of people calm down on a very stressful day as well as a load of other good.

May buy it myself in a couple of years time if it comes out by then. But does such an idea need to be patented?

Hahaha, it sounds ridiculous... that idea of faster when you are on the mood and slower when you?re down. :) I suppose that the idea will be to play cheerful songs when you are happy, and sad ones when you are that way. But it doesn?t make much sense, I like to play myself what I want and I don?t want anybody or anything deciding it for me. And what about if I?m a little weird and I want to listen to happy music to stop a depression? I see no future in this.

I don't think it will make their voice sound like helium. They have advanced so far as to keep the same sound of everything but to still speed it up. I don't think this will be what I am purchasing 5 years from now. I can find a song to soothe me when I am angry or cheer me up when I am sad. I don't need anything to do it for me. I am a big boy now.

Do you have a link to the news story or info on this? I'd love to see more on what it's about. Some of the patents these days are ridiculous though, and leads to unneccesary restrictions in industries. I don't think Apple needs another market monopoly.

Apple certainly does have some good ideas - but in no way do they do everything right. In fact, I'd say it's only recently they've started to do "right" again, with the introduction of the Ipod and some of their newer iBooks proving to be both popular and efficient products.

here is the link to the article http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32008

The music track speeds up and down based on your mood? So that means that every so often it will sound like the singer's on helium and the other time really weird because the music will be played at 30% of the correct speed. Why would you want that?

Another expensive yet pointless gizmo for everyone to buy and review in my opinion. But nonetheless if it does actually work then in could be what everybody uses ten years from now.

Anyways I found the orginal article. It's here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32008

[hr=shade].[/hr]

EDIT: Doesn't the orginal article state that the music is programmed to adjust your mood, not that your mood controls the music.

But you state:

Which one is it?

[hr=shade].[/hr]

Well if it's the former one, not the latter then it will still be interesting to buy. It could well become a standard feature of the iPod.

It seems more useful and it could help lots of people calm down on a very stressful day as well as a load of other good.

May buy it myself in a couple of years time if it comes out by then. But does such an idea need to be patented?

I think adjusting to your mood and your mood controls the music are the same thing. its like the transitive property.

mmmmmm but the beat/speed of music doesnt always fit with the mood fo a person,Plus someone could be depressed and sad and wanna lsiten to something uplifting loleither way, it seems a bit silly and unessasery.and i wouldn't exactly say apple have a monopoly on mp3 players, let alone computers lolNowwwwwww a player which can play music jus by you thinking it, THAT would be amazing :)

Wow! I could see this as maybe something you clip to your ear and taking your heart rate or like one of those cards you put your thumb on that is supposed to tell your mood as well. I love this company but its computers are soooo expensive. I hope they can market this for everyone.

this would be incredibly easy to do with the help of the nia technology of OCZ. link here. I agree complex algorithms go-go wonder what type of machine you would need to drive this type of algorithm...I think that I am personally against this. A better invention would be one that has a list of songs and would be able to determine your mood and play a song according to your mood. This would be an interesting software addition and I would probably buy it...as for this? not worth it. Unless it is free I will not be trying it out. good luck with this one apple.

What about those things that were called mood rings?If a ring could find out what your mood is like then indeedanything is possible. The wonders of the high tech world.I wouldn'trule anything out.

Well that would be pretty call, but how good it is really depends on how it works.If it actually work out how you feel, then it would be good.Maybe it will be able to detect how you feel from the software yu use or your style of typing or hand movements.Or it could be plain boring like th USB MSN thing that you can buy which detects how you feel from the emoticons you use while talking to people using messenger...

Could someone post some link or something? How true is this information?I am not sure, how this can be done. There are so many complexities starting from designing the hardware, software etc.

Apple the most innovated company in the world. They made some of the coolest computers and entertainment gears. They are alwasy doing something amazing, the most recent amazing thing they have done is they have patneted mood music. It means exactly what it says. This new type of music adjusts the beat and speed based on the current mood of the listener. This is a very cool yet crazy idea. Though it is apple and we can't underestimate them. The big question how in the world are they gonna determine the mood of of a person, sure they could monitor hear rate, body heat and such stuff, but that a lot equipment. and not to mention the amazing piece of software its gonna take to play according to the mood. The algorithem is going to be one of the most complex software algorithems ever created. My opinion is this thing won't be out until 5 years from now. This has never been done before and i am glad that Apple is doing it because they always do everything right. thanks apple
any comments

Sony did that a long time ago, its called SensMe. Apple doesn't create really anything new. Normaly they take existing products, smack a label on them and market them as new