xisto Community
BooZker

A World Without A Religion?

Do you think the world would be better?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is no proof there would be less crimes. ... I'm not religious and although i have broken some laws such as speeding i really don't think if i thought God was real i owuld do that less. My little brothers have grown up knowing hitting another person is bad because they get in trouble.

I believe in freedom so i would never try to convert someone and i would never take away their choice of religion. I mean i would fight back if someone like Hitler told me i had to believe in a God.

1. Hitler hadn't told anyone to believe in a God. This is another myth and confusion.

2. You said you have broken some laws. That happened because no one observed or noticed you do that. But if you know that even no one caught you you are guilty and under God judgment, You will be better.

3. Many stealing are viral and secret and haven't noticed. Most of partner cheating are secret and the local laws not criminalized it but the religion considered it bad and sin.

4. What children know is bad is result of the current values and culture which formulated by re legion one day as in USA founders did. Moreover they are influenced by peer, teacher and what they are watching in TV Programs and films .

5. In History of North Africa, there was a murderer and the leader of a gang of bandits who roamed the Nile Valley spreading terror and violence. His name was Moses. He was not convinced of himself and was not satisfied with the things he was doing, so he began to search for the one eternal God of the Universe, and often asked himself if it was the sun until he find a Coptic monk to teach him about God. So Moses confessed all his many sins at the hands of St Makar. Then he was baptized and become monk then priest. He became one of the great saints, St Moses the black.

6. St Paul previously known Saul was killing and prosecuting Christian until he met Jesus individually and converted to be St Paul the Philosopher of Christianity.

7. Simon later named by Jesus as Peter was fisherman and crowd person . He denied Jesus 3 times when Jesus in his way to be crossfire on the cross. After Jesus Resurrection and ascension, he Become St Peter who speak with languages and breached the Christianity to the Roman.

Haha you make me laugh here because it is so false. I DO think Jesus was a loving man and he wanted to help people, but the people following him, i don't know it makes no sence what so ever. He says he loves everyone right? Well not if your gay, don't believe in him, believe in another god. He also said not to kill right? Well look at the American leader now. He says God speaks to him and he is at war right now? I don't really don't know. I could never believe in someone like this. Maybe Jesus wasn't like this and maybe he was. It's all these maybes that make me not want a religion. I want a religion where the answers are there not in some passage that your supposed to guess what they mean.

Just like what i said above. So you think war is justified? No because of that. You think gay people are NOT sinners right? Well i don't know, but if i had to guess you don't want gay marriage and have done nothing to try to stop war.

8. Hahha is must be to 'BooZker" who change things 180 degree. Who say that Jesus wasn't lovely peaceful person and oppose bi lions of Christians that believe in that.. Who asked to love enemies and pray for them. Who loves poor and sinner to call them to repents. You can deny Jesus existence but if you recognized him you have to tell what the history said and not as you think.

9. Jesus to the Christian is the savor. Christian believes that [remember you said you believe in freedom so you would never try to convert someone]. For your knowledge and not for the argument because it is belief of mass of people, they believe that Jesus came as the story said without father specially to die on the cross so save us from Adam sin. They believed also that Adam couldn't pay his account for his disobeying God , the Jesus who is from Adam will make the salvation and receive God Justice. They consider that Jesus is "loving person" because he was ready to die on behalf of who belief in him to receive the salvation.

10. Egyptian the origin of civilization and knowledge when they become Christian after Jesus 30 years or so by St Mark, they were ready to die for their belief. Roman Emperors before Constantine , have murdered millions of Egyptian [ the forgotten genocide ] just because they become Christian. The logic says that Egyptian wasn't naive to follow and die for nonsense.

11. I Still waiting to specific one animal has homomesual marriage.

Edited by kasm (see edit history)

1. Hitler hadn't told anyone to believe in a God. This is another myth and confusion.

I said IF

2. You said you have broken some laws. That happened because no one observed or noticed you do that. But if you know that even no one caught you you are guilty and under God judgment, You will be better.

OH no i have been caught... trust me. And how would i be better? God will not punish me. He hasnt yet. I have a great life.

4. What children know is bad is result of the current values and culture which formulated by re legion one day as in USA founders did. Moreover they are influenced by peer, teacher and what they are watching in TV Programs and films .

That's dumb to say because my mom went to a catholic school and the nuns used to hit her when she did anything bad. Now she learned thats bad from her self and telling her self she would never hit her kids or let anyone else do it. She never learned that from religion at all.

He became one of the great saints, St Moses the black.

Why is he called "the black"? I'm just curious.

8. Hahha is must be to 'BooZker" who change things 180 degree. Who say that Jesus wasn't lovely peaceful person and oppose bi lions of Christians that believe in that.. Who asked to love enemies and pray for them. Who loves poor and sinner to call them to repents. You can deny Jesus existence but if you recognized him you have to tell what the history said and not as you think.

I don't really understand what you are saying, but here is what i believe.

Jesus WAS a real person. He was very nice and caring and peaceful. I have never met him so i dont know what his beliefs are on certain subjects, but if he is what they say he is in the Bible he would love EVERYONE and forgive EVERYONE. Not the everyone that some christians say. Not the everyone who is not christian and who is not gay and who dosnt forgive his sins. If he was the Jesus they say he is he would love EVERYONE. I believe he was the Jesus that loved everyone, no matter what.

11. I Still waiting to specific one animal has homomesual marriage.

Animals do not marry one another. They do not have marriage because marriage is something humans thought of. They have "mates" who they mate with to have children. If your asking for a certain animal that mates with others of the same sex i can tell you right off the bat apes do it all the time. They do it sometimes to show who is dominate, yes they have sex to show that.

I think that a world without religion would be one step closer to being a Utopia. The biggest thing that I hate about religion is all of the discrimination to diffrent groups just because the Bible (or other holy text) says that a specific group is bad.In my opinion, religion is just glorified brainwashing.

God will not punish me. He hasnt yet.

Paradox. It's either He will not, or He will sooner or later. Can't be both.

That's dumb to say because my mom went to a catholic school and the nuns used to hit her when she did anything bad. Now she learned thats bad from her self and telling her self she would never hit her kids or let anyone else do it. She never learned that from religion at all.

Depends on how you look at it. Cause you mention because of her experience in a Catholic school, she decided not to hit her children. So, in a way, it is indirectly from religion.

They do it sometimes to show who is dominate, yes they have sex to show that.

What about the other times (since you mention "sometimes")? In this case, the animals are basically saying, "I own you" to other animals. We see that dominance does not mean that they're gay. And according to us, that would be called "rape"; rape is bad.

Why is he called "the black"? I'm just curious.

I'm curious, too.
[hr=noshade]

religion is just glorified brainwashing.

Is giving hope and meaning to life brainwashing? I don't think third-world countries would agree with you.[/hr]
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

A world without religion would be scary. The human race just might not survive if they don't have anything to rely on for all of their problems. People would kill each other and steal other's wives and such. Not that it doesn't happen now and stuff, but it would be worse. Way worse.Example- The muslims don't eat cows, I believe. (Not muslim- this is an example) Without that religion, the price of cows would go up and killing would start over who gets food and who doesn't get anything.If people in the old times didn't believe in a God- we would still be slavers in Egypt or slaves. We would still be stuck behind the sea and we would still live in small bible era towns.Religion is important. One just doesn't think of such things like that when they think of religion.

Well, the world would certainly be different.First of all, many things wouldn't have happened if not for religion. If not for religion, wars wouldn't have been started. The basis for most wars is because of different beliefs, such as religion. You just can't have a world without people who share opposing beliefs. There willl always be those that disagree with each other.Religion is also an explaination for many things. It helps explain the things that Science has yet to prove. Examples: The origins of the universe, how life began, etc. Science does have THEORIES but as of now they can't be proven.

I think that the world would be better having a religion. But at some point i think that not having a religion would somehow make things better. for example in india..India is one of the poorest countries today. Know why? well, i don't know all the reasons affecting why the country is poor but i do know one of the main reasons why they're poor. It is because of RELIGION. Their religion keeps them from innovating the way they live. But the main reason why i think the world would still be better with religion is that, people would be nicer with it.See real or not, the good thing about religion is that it keeps people; -afraid of the punishment they'll get afterlife if they commit sins against god and other people-and love the reward they'll get afterlife if they did good things to their fellow people and to god. so by that, they resist to dig in to the temptations the world offers and become good people. and also, religion gives people hope for something wonderful to happen, thus it will make them persue more.

Depends on how you look at it. Cause you mention because of her experience in a Catholic school, she decided not to hit her children. So, in a way, it is indirectly from religion.

Well yes, but thats not how you wanna look at it. Do you really want to look at it as well we beat you so that you don't beeat your kids later on? Probably not.

Religion is also an explaination for many things. It helps explain the things that Science has yet to prove. Examples: The origins of the universe, how life began, etc. Science does have THEORIES but as of now they can't be proven.

Exactly, but religion doesnt prove anything either. Either way it's just an idea.

A world without religion would be scary. The human race just might not survive if they don't have anything to rely on for all of their problems. People would kill each other and steal other's wives and such. Not that it doesn't happen now and stuff, but it would be worse. Way worse.

I don't understand why people keep saying they need something to rely on. I havn't ever. Why when things are tough can't you seek help from family, parents, girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, or even close friends? I'm sure for most people there is at least one person they can talk to. Why would people kill each other more? Why would people be stealing wives more?

If people in the old times didn't believe in a God- we would still be slavers in Egypt or slaves. We would still be stuck behind the sea and we would still live in small bible era towns.

Huh? I guess that's your opinion and its vaild, but how do you figure? Isn't because of science that we figured out how to do all that stuff such as making bigger houses cheaper?

Remember that there is a extremely large group of people who do not believe in God. This includes me. Religion is dying. It really is. Not too make anyone mad, but statistics show that organized religion is slowly dropping. I'm guessing one of the 2 things will happen in the years to come.

No more religion at all
Or people will have there own beliefs, but not organized religion.

Just a thought.

All of your opinions are great! Thanks for posting. I kinda thought this would be a good post. I get lots of points too!

Well yes, but thats not how you wanna look at it. Do you really want to look at it as well we beat you so that you don't beeat your kids later on? Probably not.

Some things can't be helped. Plus, you don't see this in religion as often as you'd think. I tell you, outside is far worse. But your mom's decision is based on the golden rule. She does not like pain, so she does not give it. I'm pretty sure the golden rule relates to one of the ten commandments. I'm sure you can figure out which one. <_<

I don't understand why people keep saying they need something to rely on. [1]I havn't ever. [2]Why when things are tough can't you seek help from family, parents, girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, or even close friends? [3]I'm sure for most people there is at least one person they can talk to.

[1]Do you or do you not rely on yourself? Do you get where i am going with this?[2]What about those without a family/parents? What about those without girlfriends/boyfriends? What about those without husbands/wives? What about those without friends?
[3]I don't think you're looking at most people. Most people does not include first-world countries.

Religion is about life application.

Remember that there is a extremely large group of people who do not believe in God. This includes me... Not too make anyone mad, but statistics show that organized religion is slowly dropping.

I wonder where this test was taken. :ph34r:
But seeing that majority basically includes "non-believers," that would mean most of the test included "non-believers". See where i'm going with this? :(
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I wonder where this test was taken.
But seeing that majority basically includes "non-believers," that would mean most of the test included "non-believers". See where i'm going with this?

This was in newsweek and CNN.

ANYWAYS i didn't respond to your stuff not because im lazy, but because we are getting off subject haha. So back to the subject...

What would the world be like if the was never a religion. It never existed.

Just like what i said above. So you think war is justified? No because of that. You think gay people are NOT sinners right? Well i don't know, but if i had to guess you don't want gay marriage and have done nothing to try to stop war.

Sounds like a great guy. Here is how a conversation would go if this is true.

Jesus: Welcome to Heaven. I see you have never done anything bad your entire life. You have always been a great man and forgiven everyone who has wronged you. Wait

Guy: What?

Jesus: Well here it says you don't believe in me.

Guy: Ya, but i have been a great person and i just grew up as a Jew.

Jesus: I'm sorry. You'll have to go to Hell. Good Bye!

does that sound like someone who is loving of everyone?

Gay people ARE sinners. EVERYONE is a sinner.

In the Bible, it says that if someone wants to go to heaven by obeying the law (Ten Commandments and such, like Jews), then Jesus will judge on whether you've followed the law.

What makes Christianity different is that no matter how many times you've sinned, you can go to heaven if you believe that Jesus died for you.

For people who have never heard of the Gospel, Jesus, or Christianity, God will judge what's in your heart. But for people who have heard and rejected.. it makes sense that you would go somewhere else if Jesus did died for you, and you rejected that.

Gay people ARE sinners. EVERYONE is a sinner.

Come on now, you know what i mean. Jesus will send Gays to hell. I have heard that so many times.

In the Bible, it says that if someone wants to go to heaven by obeying the law (Ten Commandments and such, like Jews), then Jesus will judge on whether you've followed the law.
What makes Christianity different is that no matter how many times you've sinned, you can go to heaven if you believe that Jesus died for you.

For people who have never heard of the Gospel, Jesus, or Christianity, God will judge what's in your heart. But for people who have heard and rejected.. it makes sense that you would go somewhere else if Jesus did died for you, and you rejected that.

I disagree because if Jesus was loving and forgiving why wouldn't he forgive people when they are dead? So the way this works is if your alive and you have no real proof and you don't follow him you will go to hell EVEN if you were a great person and loved everyone. So i guess Jesus really doesn't forgive everyone, does he? No, because if he did there wouldn't be a discussion about it ever. It would be, no matter what, Jesus will forgive you. There should be no ifs', but's, or, ors' about it. If Jesus loves everyone and forgives everyone why should that change when you are dead? Why should it change ever? Because my belief is they want you to believe in him and they will make you feel guilty if not. I think Jesus would be the person to forgive everyone and would be disgusted in people who tell people otherwise.

I don't really know. If the world never had a religion there would be no world. That is the reason why a lot of the people lived in the olden days. They believed that some super natural force created this place for them to be in and gave them a goal of some sort. Sure it has causes world and hatred around the world for centuries but it also keeps an order in a way. You know how every religion has rules for people to follow like the 10 Commandments. Some people rely on that and follows them. I think though that a world without religion would be the same as a world with religion. People will find other ways. They will focus on other things to hate people for just because they don't want to like them.

You could attempt to demolish organized religion, but people will still believe what they want to believe. Religion isn't the same as faith. People's sense of morality would greatly decrease, and almost every behavior would be accepted. As far as war is concerned, there will always be war over something.

I think though that a world without religion would be the same as a world with religion. People will find other ways. They will focus on other things to hate people for just because they don't want to like them.

Hmmm very interesting. No one has said that yet. That is very true though.

You could attempt to demolish organized religion, but people will still believe what they want to believe.

I don't want to and have never said i was going to do that. I just said what if religion was never around. It was just never though up. It never existed at all.