xisto Community
BooZker

A World Without A Religion?

Do you think the world would be better?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Indeed, but that is why religion is becoming less "needed" Remember the sun god and rain god in history class? Well we now know why there is rain and sun, so there is no need for a rain god anymore. Eventualy we will come to find out more and more and less god's there will be. How many gods are there now? Really there is not many.

There has always been one God above all other gods. Oh, and here's a link for you: http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencebible.html :)

[1]Fro example, World War I and II wher both caused mainly because of religon. [2]Also racism wouldnt exist that would be great.

[1]They were not started cause of religion. It may have affected many religious groups and many other groups, but it was not started by religion. [2]False. Religion teaches you not to judge/prejudge others (Matthew 7:1-5), and not to discriminate (Leviticus 19:18).
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Jease, i never though this would be such a popular topic. I mean 57 votes? Look how many replies also! This is great because i have learned a lot about all religions. And Kasm i hope you don't think i'm arguing with you haha. Truefusion has been a lot of help too.

There has always been one God above all other gods. Oh, and here's a link for you: http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencebible.html

I read it, but no matter what everything is interpreted. Even the law everyday. This also supported my opinion about how the world will need a god less as science learns more. Let's just say that tomorrow there was proof of how the world started and it started through the big bang (I am not saying that i believe that) What would people do then? They would get rid of that idea. The same way they did with the rain god for example. Another example that is much more recent is that the Catholic church has accepted evolution. So the Adam and Eve story is just a story to Catholics, or Catholics who believe this. Just like anything, however there will be people who will not believe it no matter how much proof. There are still people who believe the world is flat haha. Seriously. I don't have the site here, but i can keep looking if you want proof. It's actually really funny.

Let's just say that tomorrow there was proof of how the world started and it started through the big bang... What would people do then?

Well, i don't see how it would contradict Abrahamic religions. So, it would be widely accepted. Just another way in finding out: How/Why did God do it? Oh, and did you know the Big Bang theory supports I.D.? :)And here's something that you might hear Christians saying:

The Big Bang theory: God spoke and BANG it happened!

Another example that is much more recent is that the Catholic church has accepted evolution.

The Catholics are just trying to make peace. Just like they stopped commenting on gay rights. Just like one of the Popes kissed the Quran.

The question is:

A LIFEWithout A Religion?

the answer will be:

Take out religion from my life, you will take out sense of life!!

And you all know what I'm talking about: all people that have chosen "yes" know that their life have no sense or are sure that life don't need sense, because they don't find one.

take out religion from mens, they will look for sense, they will not find one, and they will be like modern men's

(however, I can understand onces who says:" I can't beleve to something that I can't see")-(even if they belive tosomething like: love, time, etc..)

I kind of waiver in between the 2 sides. I don't like religion. I am a faithful christian, and do attent church weekly, but I don't like "religion". Even God himself doesn't want "religion". Really, what all these religions want is for it to be a belief. God wants religion to die, and have mankind be in the christian belief. Without religion, alot in the world would be different. It would probably be better. But in my opinion, i think people SHOULD follow a belief, not one that would lead them to war with anyone with a different. people should just believe in what they want, what they believe is right, and what they think is best for them. I'm not here to preach so I'm not going to tell you to believe in this, but I found my place in the christian belief and it's made life alot better. It's not a bad idea, and I would most definately refer this over the rest.

(however, I can understand onces who says:" I can't beleve to something that I can't see")-(even if they belive tosomething like: love, time, etc..)

Time you can see the effect of. At a certain time the sun goes down and at a certain time it comes up. Love some people don't believe in anyways.

I believe the world would be better as a whole without relgion to cause all these conflicts. If all the religions in the world could live peacefully with one another accepting the fact that people can have whatever view they want, I'd be just as good as if there was no religion. Infact, I believe religion can help many people, and it becomes the center of many peoples lives around the world.To me though, I see it as something you can choose to follow, and dont take too literally. Religion to me is truely just a way for people to be reassured we have a purpose in our lives, and that there is something more once we die. And you know what, im perfectly fine with the idea that my life could mean actually nothing at all. Im fine with the idea that when we die, perhaps nothing happens, we simply just cease to function and our atoms desintigrate into the earth. So to me, religion is something I respect if other people wish to follow it, but if you try to force your own religion onto people, because they disagree with it, thats just wrong in my mind. And religion should never be the cause of wars, it should allow for peace.

I believe what facts can prove, and I don't believe what facts disprove. Facts disprove Christianity, Islam, and pretty much every other religion that involved an omnipotent God. Facts prove that their texts aren't the overall proof that they claim to be, and I believe the facts.Religion is crutch for the weak, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone needs something to lean on, but it's when they start stomping that crutch on other peoples' feet that it becomes a problem. Religion should be allowed to remain, but those who misuse it or push it on others should be dealt with. And I don't mean just sharing it, but I mean harrassing with it, threatening people with it, and scaring people into submission witih it. If I forced someone to do something out of terror for their lives, it's called terrorism, but for some reason, forcing people to do something out of terror for their souls isn't, even though it is the same thing.Now, when religion is used for terror, those people should be dealt with using the full extent of the law, and there should be no reason to censor their beliefs from being made fun of (i.e. the censoring of any pictures of Muhammad).

Facts disprove Christianity, Islam, and pretty much every other religion that involved an omnipotent God.

I have yet to find a "fact" that has disproven the God of Abrahamic Religions. I'll agree with you that every other god has been disproven, whether logically or with proof. But i failed to see any kind of proof that has disproven the Abrahamic God. Can you show me these facts?
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/nogod.html

Politicians:"They shouldn't. Religion has its own place. Politics has its own place." — Yessuneh Aman, Riverside

"Politicians have a right to freedom of speech like everyone else." — Charles C. Williams Jr., Beavercreek

"Why not? I don't want politics that's not spiritual." — Paraneice Nalls, Dayton

Yes. We need someone who believes in God." — Kathy Short, Dayton

Should politicians discuss religion during campaigns?

There is notihing wrong with a politician having strong religious beliefs, however they should leave those beliefs out of the politics. They are supposed to be there to represent all of their constituents. Many times they harp on what a good “insert religion” they are and their consttuents of other faiths end up feeling like they are being thrown aside. Politicians need to stop preaching and preachers need to stop politicking!

When candidates makes their religious beliefs a highlight of their campaigning they alienate voters who do not subscribe to the belief system to which the candidates subscribe. Ethics and morals can be discussed without the patina of religion covering it.

Insofar as his or her religion provides voters with a more complete picture of a candidate’s political philosophy, it is often useful for the candidate to discuss it. A more interesting question is: what sort of religious views (if any) are desirable in a candidate? Keep in mind that we are presently at war with an enemy arguably much more religious than the typical American (politicians included).

Notice from serverph:
COPIED CONTENT from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Quotes added. Rapidget previously BANNED. so other members, don't follow rapidget's efforts to plagiarize. Xisto staffers will catch up with you soon enough and you'll lose your hosting.

Religion should be allowed to remain, but those who misuse it or push it on others should be dealt with. And I don't mean just sharing it, but I mean harrassing with it, threatening people with it, and scaring people into submission witih it. If I forced someone to do something out of terror for their lives, it's called terrorism, but for some reason, forcing people to do something out of terror for their souls isn't, even though it is the same thing.

Exactly. For one how often do you see Athiest or Agnostic people going door to door trying to get you not to believe in god? I believe this is because they think like i do. We don't care what you believe or dont believe. What we care about is you pushing your religion to everyone around. Maybe your not going door to door, but maybe your sending things in the mail or i think the worst one is when you don't really do anything, but you make people who don't believe uncomfortable. I know many people understand who are young and athiest or just don't believe in anything. You feel like that is a bad thing and no one ever says it's not a bad thing. All you hear is how you will go to hell and all this other BS and it scares young kids.

I have yet to find a "fact" that has disproven the God of Abrahamic Religions. I'll agree with you that every other god has been disproven, whether logically or with proof. But i failed to see any kind of proof that has disproven the Abrahamic God. Can you show me these facts?

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/nogod.html

When something is not proven, the person must prove it before making others disprove it. If i said gravity is not real you would ask me to prove it, right? I would not then ask you, no you disprove gravity is not real. It is not the job of people who do not believe in God to always disprove. I am tired of disproving. It's all based on the bible in christian beliefs and based on faith. That is not proof. That is faith and nothing more. I also want to say that this site never really answers any question. They always say,"well that's because there are 2 universes" And that is not proving or disproving anything at all. If i said the sky is blue and you asked why and i said well because their is 2 clouds up there, but never explain why the 2 clouds make the sky blue then in no way did i prove it.

The two dimensions of time take care of this one, too. God knows what each person will do and can put him anywhere in our time line to accomplish His purposes. Complete free-will and complete predestination is possible in two dimensions of time. However, this concept may require some time to think about.

Well if this was true then wouldn't we all believe in him? Wouldn't he put up something or show us something to make non believers believe? When i was very young, about 6-7, there was a story about a fire which killed like 20 people or something on the news. My Aunt or Uncle said something like,"Where was god in all of this" They are christian and they were just saying this as a phrase, but i took it litteral i guess and said,"He was too busy killing kids with cancer" they just laughed because i was only like 6-7 or seven and my Mom is a catholic and my dad is agnostic, but he is not athiest (there is a difference by the way). They did not expect that at all. A little while ago i was thinking about this question "If you were to just never mention anything like a god or creator to a child and never had anyone else mention anything like that would he ever create his own?" My guess is no, because why would he.

Please don't take my comment to seriously because i was young. I know also that God never created cancer it was the things that man made that created it to the belief of christians. I was just saying that too make a point about the question if kids would end up making their own god.

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

wow, 15 pages, over 50 votes and still Yes the world without a religion would be a better palce is in the lead.... lol some smart peoplenewho, just to clear some things up for some people if you do not know in this casea person whom is agonstic is someone who does not believe in the theory of god, or someone who questions the beliefe of religion etc....an atheist is someone who does not believe in god at all..me, im an agonstic person.....

When something is not proven, the person must prove it before making others disprove it. If i said gravity is not real you would ask me to prove it, right? I would not then ask you, no you disprove gravity is not real. It is not the job of people who do not believe in God to always disprove. I am tired of disproving. It's all based on the bible in christian beliefs and based on faith. That is not proof. That is faith and nothing more. I also want to say that this site never really answers any question. They always say,"well that's because there are 2 universes" And that is not proving or disproving anything at all. If i said the sky is blue and you asked why and i said well because their is 2 clouds up there, but never explain why the 2 clouds make the sky blue then in no way did i prove it.

The very first sentence of this quote deals with what was said. It was stated that there are "facts" that disprove God. Yet, there was no reference to these proofs. Therefore, "these facts disprove God" are not proven. But, maybe you were directing that sentence to Cerebral Stasis. :) Plus, is it really that bad to ask for at least one reference? I mean, don't atheists constantly push us to prove things? Why can't we do the same?
One reason why many people don't see proof of God is because they don't consider it proof. God has the whole universe for His proof. But is it proof for "non-believers"? :P But, of course, there is plenty more proof. And, yes, these things do come from Abrahamic religous history. And, yes, it is tangible. You may continue to call it faith, if you want--so that you may have a reason to reject it. But it's there no matter what. The proof is in the written history.

But i wonder if an alien encounter would mean defying gravity.

Thanks Albus Dumbledore for making sure that people know the difference. Also Athiests are much more against god. I see agnostic people more of just in between or realy don't care what other believe. Athiest seem to actually care more. I will not say what i am, but i am one of those two.Truefusion i was directing it towards you haha. Let me explain better. What i meant was not the proof that there is no god, but the proof there is god. What proof is there? Rock solid proof. Yes, if god is real then the universe was his creation, but you must prove that there is a god to make the universe. Do you know what i'm trying to say? So in other words. Religions must prove there god is real, and should not make it up to people who do not believe to disprove it or prove that there is no god. What is one thing that i would not consider proof, but is proof? Give me an example that is really proof and not based on any type of faith.haha i love how this post gets slighty off topic then someone who has never posted in this topic posts what they should be posting then even me or others debate if god is real or not and proof and all. This is one of the most popular topics i have seen in trap that is not a sticky or annoucement. I give myself a pat on the back haha i hope you all like it!

Truefusion i was directing it towards you haha. Let me explain better. What i meant was not the proof that there is no god, but the proof there is god. [3]What proof is there? Rock solid proof. Yes, if god is real then the universe was his creation, but you must prove that there is a god to make the universe. [1]Do you know what i'm trying to say? So in other words. Religions must prove there god is real, and should not make it up to people who do not believe to disprove it or prove that there is no god. (4)What is one thing that i would not consider proof, but is proof? [2]Give me an example that is really proof and not based on any type of faith.

[1]Yes. Glad you clarified it a bit. :)

[2]That's impossible, after all, the proof is for faith: In order for one to believe that God exists. :P It's like a tricky command, if you think about it. :P

[3]Maybe you just answered your own question, in the 'third' sentence, after my inserted [3] (before the "but"). (4)But i guess no matter how many times i say the universe is proof, it may not be accepted as it. Even though, the universe is the work of God's "hands," or should i say His Word? I mean, how else did all this get here? Or is my way of thinking outdated, and common? Does it not "hold water"?

I've always said, "Until proven wrong, i believe in God".