xisto Community
BooZker

A World Without A Religion?

Do you think the world would be better?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

there was this quote i saw the other day..religion:dochristianity:doneall other religions, other than christianity, requires you to be good and to do good works in order to go to heavenchristianity says that you have to accept Jesus as your Savior to get to heaven, because your bad deeds always outweigh your good deeds, and your good deeds cannot possibly get you into heaven.so personally, i don't count christianity as a religion, so maybe, a world without religion could be good. but a world without jesus, no.

so personally, i don't count christianity as a religion, so maybe, a world without religion could be good. but a world without jesus, no.

How do you figure. What about all the people who don't believe in him now? Or is this you peronaly

It would be pretty interesting if the world had no religion. Personally I think it would make a lot of things easier... no religious conflict, no descrimination, and no hypethetical theories (at least, some of them... again I am not saying that god doesn't exist, that whoever isn't real, or that any of the theories are fake, but I'm just giving a personal opinion meant to no harm.)

I just wanted to see how many people think yes and no in the poll because it has been awhile and i cant believe how many people think it would be better. I thought that people would hate this post and say all no's. Is there a lot of non religious/athiest people here?

Perhaps I'm too young to really say anything about this? I'm only 10.. I'm clueless on what to say. Anyway, I'm not saying Yes or No.
Well, isn't christian a good religion? What would it be like without it?

I belive without religon the world would have no balance. We would see no evil, noir good. Createing choas where order is and order where choas is. With this only we could save the world by balancing it otherwise we may never call our earth; Home again...

I just wanted to see how many people think yes and no in the poll because it has been awhile and i cant believe how many people think it would be better. I thought that people would hate this post and say all no's. Is there a lot of non religious/athiest people here?

I'm a taoist O.o...

The words of religon are only words.. we created this way of communication called speech so, we've created our world and religion. The three monotheistic religons aree Jews, Muslims, and christans. But, did you know that they all belive in the same god Just in a different form?
Edited by PierceandRichard (see edit history)

It bothers me how laws are based around religion, too. I believe that if one religion believes something should or shuldn't be allowed, well, let them follow the belief. I don't see why they sould force it upon others, also.

laws are based on good and evil, right? if you so something bad, then you're punished. that's how laws work. but what is the standard of good and evil? who sets the standard? taking something from your older brother probably won't get you in trouble with the law, but stealing someone's car will. they're both stealing, and yet, one doesn't get you in trouble with the law.

christians believe that anything bad you do, that makes God unhappy, you're accountable for. and the penalty for such actions is death. but God loves us, so he sent Jesus to take the penalty, and to die for the sins we committed. since he is perfect, he was able to do that.

as a christian, i know that my sins are forgiven if i ask God to forgive them.

God ultimately sets the standard.

and that's why many laws are based on christianity/

[1]i know that my sins are forgiven if i ask God to forgive them.
[...]

[2]and that's why many laws are based on christianity

[1]There is one sin that is unforgivable. That is blaspheming the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:29). So, God forgives to an extent.
[2]Most, if not all, Christian laws are Jewish laws.
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I myself do not fallow any certain religion nor do I disrespect anyone who fallows their religion. It is everyones choice to choose what their beliefs are so I give them that and do not question what the fallow. A world without a religion would not be like the world today because everyone would not have much to believe in so their would be much fight on the samethings. Giving anyone the right to preach in what they want is a good thing because everyone needs to have something that they need to believe in.

A world without religion?

I was thinking about it and thought, you know, i think it would be better. Here are my reasons.

The biggest change in the world would be less wars. Think about it. Most wars are start because of religion. One of the reasons people came to America back in the 1700s was because they wanted freedom of whatever religion they wanted.

Another great thing that would come about it would be that laws would be made on what is actually bad. For example, the most well known mostly religious law is the banning of gay marriage. I don't know if they would accept it or not, but the descions would be for science and what could hurt people.

Another would be no one would discrimanate about religions and whats better. It would be just one more thing people could hurt feelings about.

There are more, but i want to save it to keep the topic going.

Remember i'm not saying that religion in bad, i am just saying i think the world would be better. Please don't say stuff like," Well people would kill each other because the bible tells them now they can't." We all know, or most of us, that people can still follow basic human rules such as killing people. Just think if people would wake up and forget about religion.

1. This is a hypothetical question and never will happen according to voting.

2. It is wrong to think war was only for religious. WW1 and WW2 ware not for religion.

3. Alexander invasion and Jenkins Khan invasions weren't because of religion.

4. Parisian Empire and Roman Empire expansions were not for the religion.

5. Countries as we know now were formulated after wars. Even US was constituted after war. Russia also united by war. Italy formed after war. Even ancient Egypt was unified after wars. All these were not by religious motives.

6. Some wars was for ideology: Nazism, Russian Bolsheviks against Mansheviks for examples.

7. Some wars was for imperialism Remember what continuous wars were between Britain and France.

8. Some wars were for occupation , stealing wealth, securing trade.

9. The funny war was for "Opium" . Britain fought China and took Hong Kong because China forbid bringing Opium to China.

10 The only wars were for spread relegion were the invasion of Arab to many countries to spread the Islam. Also Turkey occupation to Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia. The attepts of Turky to take over Armenia and Greece. Of course this generated many wars and freedom wars as in Spain. The problems of Balkan until now was the result of that. Christianity was not spread by wars.

11. Panning Gay marriage is not only for religion issue. It is because against the nature. Many times I asked people to show me any another animal has *person* marriage. It is also out of the meaning of marriage. Gay can live to gether but is not called marriage and you can name it another name if you want.

12. The religions are the rules of ethics. What bad if they call to not kill, not rape, not lie, not steal.

13. What wrong if most of religion call for love others, help the poor, respect parents, not using your advantage at the moment (force, youth, health ...)

14. It is wrong to say that people went to America for freedom of religion. The opposite they brought catholic belief to most of the South America. In north the motive was the Gold . Don't you heard about Gold rush. Australia were originally to find place to the prisoners.

15. You have to see the big picture . Read history of the world and civilization. Religions organised the society, the family, schools, laws,..... Without it tribes killing one another. Investigate the history of civilisations and how countries formulated.

I think religion has a place in this world, but the problem is people need to become more acception of other people's ideas. So I don't think religion is the problem but people. Religion is just ideas and beliefes, which basically is all just words. The words themselves never killed anyone, but it was the actions of the person which did. As it goes "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me". However, I know you can say that religion has killed may people just based on the fact that wars have been started in the name of a religion. I know words are very powerful, but its no excuse to start a war with someone . Its like declaring war against another country just because someone said "Your country is stupid, our country rules." :)

Don't blame religion for the thins that are going on in this world... blah human nature... religion was made to control human nature... Most wars are "religious wars" YEAH right... truthfully most wars exist for economical reasons or some form of revenge... really "holy wars" or "fantatical junk"... don't make me laugh...Without religion... oh we'll find another excuse to invade or colonize a country!

2. It is wrong to think war was only for religious. WW1 and WW2 ware not for religion.

You have to be joking. Seriously. Ever heard of a holocaust

Holocaust The genocide of European Jews and others by the Nazis during World War II: Israel emerged from the Holocaust and is defined in relation to that catastrophe

Just in case genocide means:

The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group

In this case it was the Jews.

Panning Gay marriage is not only for religion issue. It is because against the nature. Many times I asked people to show me any another animal has *person* marriage. It is also out of the meaning of marriage. Gay can live to gether but is not called marriage and you can name it another name if you want.

The meaning of marriage? Between a man and women right. In the bible dosnt it say that? They took that law from the teachings in the bible right? And also for the 1,000,000,000,000 its is NATURAL! ANIMALS CAN BE GAY TOO! LOOK IT UP.

12. The religions are the rules of ethics. What bad if they call to not kill, not rape, not lie, not steal.

Yah well the "rules" are a great thing. Look at the leader of the United States. He sends people to die everyday. Not to mention he allowed the excution of a mentally handicapped man in texas.

15. You have to see the big picture . Read history of the world and civilization. Religions organised the society, the family, schools, laws,..... Without it tribes killing one another. Investigate the history of civilisations and how countries formulated.

So your saying without any religion the world would just calapse because we wouldnt know whats right and wrong. You only need 10% brain to figure out that hurting people is bad. A 3 year old knows that. And stealing DUH, chating on your wife, DUH. These are simple ways of life. You dont need a damn book to tell you this or form a society. You need common sence.

Definitely, our world would be better without religion. But there?s nothing we can do about it now. Faith can?t be fight, because is not tangible. Anyway I?m not sure if it could be possible even if the world started again... human race started too soon to believe in gods and supersticions, so probably it?s something inherent to us. I don?t believe in god, but probably if I were living in a cave and hunting animals to eat... don?t know but maybe I would start thinking in a higher being that could help me to survive and that provides with me sun and rain. Science should have ended with religion but it wasn?t like that, unfortunatly so now the power that science provide us and the deep convictions of faith, combined to make terrible wars.Religion was made to control. That?s right. So, ?do you want to be controlled?kasm, don?t write in bold. You?re not supposed to have the supreme truth by making your post more visible than others.

Personally I think that the world is better with religion. Both sides have compelling arguments, but I think religion gives many people a reason to live. Also, though many wars have been caused by religion, they shouldn't be. Some people are so convinced that they should force their religion onto the rest of the world that they have to start a war over it. Also, the holocaust was, by definition, not a religious "war" - it wasn't really a war in the first place but a genocide, and it wasn't based on religion, but on race.

Religion also gives many people a code of ethics and morals, though I have seen many people who give their religions a bad name by being dishonest.

Also, I think anyone who says there haven't been many religious wars obviously doesn't know their history. (See:Jihad)

My final thought: Everybody should be allowed to have whatever religion they want without it affecting their relationships with other people. I'm christian and I have friends who are Islamic and others who are Bhuddist and we're still friends... Sadly, the world isn't a perfect place...