xisto Community
BooZker

A World Without A Religion?

Do you think the world would be better?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Truefusion:

@Zabb: It seems like you want me to do the work for you. Usually when people want proof, they get up and search for it. Google is just a click away [click]. But, if you go to church, you may find people telling their stories. Infact, asks the priests, most of them have their stories. If you think all are fake, then prove it.

So we should all go to church to listen to the priests telling their stories? Are these the same priests who have been molesting children and just haven't been convicted of it? Oh right, they are exactly the people we should listen to to get our proof. But i'm sure you didnt mean THOSE priests, right? Good thing that we have religion, otherwise there would be a lot more 9 year old boys who were still virgins. And still, NO PROOF

Truefusion:
So we should all go to church to listen to the priests telling their stories? Are these the same priests who have been molesting children and just haven't been convicted of it? Oh right, they are exactly the people we should listen to to get our proof. But i'm sure you didnt mean THOSE priests, right? Good thing that we have religion, otherwise there would be a lot more 9 year old boys who were still virgins. And still, NO PROOF

:) Are you talking about Christian priests, Catholic priests, etc, or priests in general? 'Cause, if it's priests in general, you could be offending many righteous priests. Btw, you didn't really end that last sentence, and i don't wanna make any false assumptions; no proof of what?

how ever u see it, better ot worse... the thing is, religion does exist. u cant help that, i mean if it never existed people might be thinking hey wouldnt it be good if we had religions so we could live better lifes? religions are just there, humans werent born scientific geniuses.. we needed to believe things came from someplace or something and i guess we wouldve been alot more believeable to such existences. it was enivitable. there are hundreds of religions, this just goes to show how humans generally thought back then. anyway, getting to the point, i too would probably say the world would be better without religion. i myself arnt religious is anyway. my parents are buddhist, but i've grown up not believing in things which have scientic evidence.. just clicks in my head more. religious do cause feuds here and there but they also create a lot of happiness and joy at the same time. we cant just think about the negatives of religion.

PLEASE READ THESE BELOW.

OK first off many people arnt even giving there opinion on the subject. They are just saying if they are religious and why its good or bad. I'm not asking if religion is bad or good im asking what do you think the world would be like.

Here are some quotes from people here that i have got to say stuff too.

let's remember that the law was basically set around the 10 commandments.

Well duh commen sence says all the stuff in those 10 commandments.

A fundamentalist government based around athiesm just wouldn't work in this day and age unless you use an underdeveloped country because like I said in a previous post - the modernn world is too spoiled for such an expiriment to go through.

I'm not saying to stop it. I believe in freedom and that would be anti-freedom. I'm saying what if we woke up and no one was religions anymore what would it be like.

Yea but, alot of religions, true or not, keep there followers in line..chritianity for example, its got it clear in there that there are commandments or rules, keeps people in line, im sure most religions have that, and i know alot of wars start because of it but comeon we're human, we'd find other reasons to start wars.

Good your half way there. What would we fight about? The whole point of the post is for you to tell us what you think the world would be like.

it was only a few hundred years ago that the romans thought of zues and other gods to be gods and now they are fairy tale jokes that no one worships.. millions of people worshiped these gods and now they're taught as a history lesson only. the simularitys are endless in all religions. believe in a "god" and do exactly as he says and you will go to a magical place otherwise you will go to another magical place thats really bad.

Your 100% right. I have read numours articles about this and they predict that there will one of the three outcomes in years to come:

1. No religion

2. A single religion

3 Everyone will have there own form of belief

I've heard mad (large in amount) stories about rapists, killers, and whatnot that converted into a religion, and are now living peaceful lives, no longer hurting anyone, but helping everyone. I wonder what would happen if religion never existed; I can only guess from Biblical past-times: pure chaos.

Your extremely ignorant. Before you post something like this look at the % of people who go back to jail. Also look at what theropists say about it is EXTREMELY rare to help a rapist.

So, don't trust everything you hear or read in the news.

Yes, even the bible.

I myself, am not religious, because my parents are both different religions, and it was awkward for me to "choose" my religion.

Why should you have to choose? oh yah, i forgot, in some religions you will go to hell if you don't believe. What a nice God that is. I'm not going to say what religion, but you know what ones are like that.

how ever u see it, better ot worse... the thing is, religion does exist. u cant help that, i mean if it never existed people might be thinking hey wouldnt it be good if we had religions so we could live better lifes?

Do you honestly have to have a religion to tell you not to kill, steal, cheat on your wife? If so, you or the person who thinks this should get help. These are basic human beliefs. I went to a catholic school for over 5 years and i know that all of there beliefs are the same as most of the laws we have.

OK first off many people arnt even giving there opinion on the subject. They are just saying if they are religious and why its good or bad. I'm not asking if religion is bad or good im asking what do you think the world would be like.

Do you honestly have to have a religion to tell you not to kill, steal, cheat on your wife? If so, you or the person who thinks this should get help. These are basic human beliefs.

I agree 100%
I don't believe we need religion to follow common laws that can respected by all people of any faith.
and despite the good that does come outta religion I think theres also alot of bad. if you add up the death tolls of wars and genocide caused by "god" it outwieghs any and all desease (mental or viral).

I'm not asking if religion is bad or good im asking what do you think the world would be like.

Glad i was able to answer your question.

Your extremely ignorant. Before you post something like this look at the % of people who go back to jail. Also look at what theropists say about it is EXTREMELY rare to help a rapist.

Ok, so therapits don't know how to make rapists stop raping. :) This is where God comes in. Btw, what's the amount of this '%'?

Yes, even the bible.

Did you know the latest prophecy from the Bible happened around 50 years ago? Did you know many scientific facts came about by testing what is written in the Bible? I'm pretty sure there's a lot of things you don't know about the Bible. So, i guess we're both "extremely ignorant". :)

oh yah, i forgot, in some religions you will go to hell if you don't believe. What a nice God that is. I'm not going to say what religion, but you know what ones are like that.

Um, you seem to be accusing God for the wrong reasons. Many people are saved, whether they're a Jew, a Christian, a Catholic, a Muslim, and many others. Yes, even those that aren't in a religion. It all depends on whether or not they commit evil.

Do you honestly have to have a religion to tell you not to kill, steal, cheat on your wife? If so, you or the person who thinks this should get help. These are basic human beliefs. I went to a catholic school for over 5 years and i know that all of there beliefs are the same as most of the laws we have.

Heh, now-a-days, they're considered "basic human beliefs". They weren't "basic human beliefs" back in the begining of Biblical times. Since laws of today basically came from religion, you no longer require religion to find out these "basic human beliefs". But, religion is a good way to remind you of these things. Life makes you forget many things.

[hr=noshade]

if you add up the death tolls of wars and genocide caused by "god" it outwieghs any and all desease (mental or viral).

You seem to be forgetting the genocides that happened outside of religion. Which outweighs all of that you mentioned.

[/hr]

i personally think it will be the best worl of all worlds *made no sence i know lol* but anyways, i think it would be great...no religion, no bibles, no bibles to supposably interpret gods world and tell people how to run their lives...it would save tax payers tons of money so there wouldn't be people to get Under God and In God We Trust off of different things, we wouldn't have to worry about those mormans or other religions coming to our door saying "Join Our Religion!!"in sum, i think i would prefer this non-religious world over the verry religious world we have now. i dont care what anyone has to say about me and saying this kind of stuff...'dont get me wrong, i do believe in god but i dont let the bible, church, and the pope run my life like many people do

This is where God comes in. Btw, what's the amount of this '%'?

Why don't you look it up since you say God converts people. And anyway i thought he wasnt supposed to do that. He gives us free will i thought? If he makes us change then its not free will it becomes his will.

Did you know the latest prophecy from the Bible happened around 50 years ago? Did you know many scientific facts came about by testing what is written in the Bible? I'm pretty sure there's a lot of things you don't know about the Bible. So, i guess we're both "extremely ignorant".

I'm pretty sure i responded to a comment that said do not believe EVERYTHING you hear in the news. I never said dont believe the bible at all.

Um, you seem to be accusing God for the wrong reasons. Many people are saved, whether they're a Jew, a Christian, a Catholic, a Muslim, and many others. Yes, even those that aren't in a religion. It all depends on whether or not they commit evil.

What do you consider saved? When they believe what you believe? And what is evil? I'f im right its against Christian rules to cheat on your wife or get divorced? So when they do that are they considered evil? No never mind they just have to go to confession. Even if they murdered 100 poeple as long as they forgive them selves they can go to heaven. This makes no sence to me because if someone murdered my child i would never expect to see them in heaven.

Heh, now-a-days, they're considered "basic human beliefs". They weren't "basic human beliefs" back in the begining of Biblical times. Since laws of today basically came from religion, you no longer require religion to find out these "basic human beliefs". But, religion is a good way to remind you of these things. Life makes you forget many things.

Well i have 2 responses to this. 1. This is why i expect no religion at sometime in history because there will be no need for one.

2. Read these

"I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery..."
"Thou shall have no other gods besides Me... Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."

"Thou shall not swear falsely by the name of the LORD..."

"Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy"

"Thou shall honour your father and your mother..."

"Thou shall not murder"

"Thou shall not commit adultery."

"Thou shall not steal."

"Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"

"Thou shall not covet your neighbor's house..."

Can you actually forget any of those? The only ones you could MAYBE forget is number 4. Any other one if you have to be reminded i think you are actually mentaly hadicapped... seriously.

[1]Why don't you look it up since you say God converts people. [2]And anyway i thought he wasnt supposed to do that. He gives us free will i thought? If he makes us change then its not free will it becomes his will.

[1]Well if i look up the percentage on how God converts people, i would expect a 100%.

[2]You seem to be forgetting choice. God is allowed to try and convince people, but people choose whether or not to follow him. This does not affect free will. Basically, what God is doing is asking the question, "Do you want to follow Me?", just in a specific way.

I'm pretty sure i responded to a comment that said do not believe EVERYTHING you hear in the news. I never said dont believe the bible at all.

I know, but some people wouldn't consider it that way. Just implying. :)

[1]What do you consider saved? [2]When they believe what you believe? [3]And what is evil? [4]If im right its against Christian rules to cheat on your wife or get divorced? [5]So when they do that are they considered evil? [6]No never mind they just have to go to confession. [7]Even if they murdered 100 poeple as long as they forgive them selves they can go to heaven. [8]This makes no sence to me because if someone murdered my child i would never expect to see them in heaven.

[1]I consider being saved, entering paradise, without seeing hell. But, that could just be me. :)

[2]Not really.

[3]Evil is the absence of good.

[4]Well, it's against Christian rules to cheat on your partner. Divorce isn't really that much against Christianity. There are, i believe, 3 exceptions where you can divorce. Plus, "till death due us part", means death is a form of divorce if you were married.

[5]Not really.

[6]They don't have to go to confession. God will hear you no matter where you are. You don't have to talk to a person in the other booth, in order for God to hear you.

[7]It's not they that forgive them. Only God can forgive them. But, i'll admit, some things just can't be forgiven. For example, people that use good to do evil, i find that hard to be forgiven for.

[8]You mean, like abortion? :) Yet, it still goes around.

Can you actually forget any of those? The only ones you could MAYBE forget is number 4. Any other one if you have to be reminded i think you are actually mentaly hadicapped... seriously.

Well, i'd call it not caring so much about it, instead of forgetting. Like, i can see the one about the LORD saving people from Egypt as something that can be forgetful. But, everything else is more like "i could care less" for some people. Like, look at stealing, how many people download music illegaly? Not honoring your parents, how many children don't obey their parents? Adultery, how many people have sex outside of marriage? Covet your neighbor's things, how many people wish they had what others had? I guess i could go on. But, this should suffice. Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I completely agree that the world would be a better place without religion. People have been oppressed and killed because of their religions. Not to mention suicide bombers, who ?sacrifice? themselves for their gods! If there was a common religion or no religion then we could all get along more easily. The two things which cause fights and disputes the most are religion and politics.

[3]Evil is the absence of good.[4]Well, it's against Christian rules to cheat on your partner. Divorce isn't really that much against Christianity. There are, i believe, 3 exceptions where you can divorce. Plus, "till death due us part", means death is a form of divorce if you were married.
[6]They don't have to go to confession. God will hear you no matter where you are. You don't have to talk to a person in the other booth, in order for God to hear you.
[8]You mean, like abortion? Yet, it still goes around.

3. Well what is that? Isnt stealing gum from someone not good?

4. What are all those reasons. There are reasons i can understand, but one i can't is when they have kids any they go, "they just arnt the same" or," I just dont really love him anymore" I think once you have kids you stay together for them even if"you dont love each other" anymore.

6. Then why do they even have it?

8. Well abortion is with your consent so it was never the Dr.'s choice it was the mother.

3. Well what is that? Isnt stealing gum from someone not good?
4. What are all those reasons. There are reasons i can understand, but one i can't is when they have kids any they go, "they just arnt the same" or," I just dont really love him anymore" I think once you have kids you stay together for them even if"you dont love each other" anymore.

6. Then why do they even have it?

8. Well abortion is with your consent so it was never the Dr.'s choice it was the mother.

[3]Lol, i don't think it can get anymore explicit, but if i think of a "better" example, i'll let you know. But, for the stealing gum part, no it's not really good, i'll explain. First, if you have the money, then buy it. It shouldn't cost more than a dollar. Second, gum doesn't cure hunger. Gum has no health benefits that can sustain life for a while longer. This does not imply that you should steal food for someone. If you have the money for it, then buy it. If you don't have the money for it, but have food at your place, then either take them to your place, or tell them not to go anywhere while you go get them food.

[4]It means they never really did it for the love of the other. Maybe for lust. Or maybe they got into it too fast. Many people can make up excuses, but they don't help.

[6]Well, i just got into reading the 7 books that are included in the Catholic Bible. I'll let you know if i find any reason why they confess to a person on the other side of the booth. But for now, i see no reason.

[8]Well, it may also be the doctor's choice as well. The doctor has to choose whether or not to go along with the abortion that the parent(s) decided upon. The doctor could just want the money they get from the abortion. Or some other reason.
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

well i personally think it would be much much better than its now..i have already voted for yes and can see that i'm into majority

Here in India many stupid things happen cause of religion issue..And who suffers ultimately?we the people..

I've seen people supporting or recommending people cause they belong to same religion

And the Indo-Pak war not to forget..Rather than having its issue over kashmir most of times seems to be religion war..And the worst part of it,few Indian Muslims think Indian people are against them????Well this is just about my country..No religion would definately solve my countrys' problem atleast..

I'm sure the world too will benefit..